Original Doll... What if we have all been wrong?

On 4/9/2021 at 7:53 AM, Alexa James said:

Of all the conspiracies and controversies linked to Britney, the unreleased original doll album is by far the most fascinating. Many fans think that her record company refused to let her release it, which in turn contributed to her downward spiral. It’s been suggested that the album is locked away in the basement of Jive Records, never to see the light of day.

Im starting to think that we have all been wrong. Original Doll may have actually been repurposed into Blackout and Circus.

Although Britney claimed that the album was “halfway done” on the famous radio interview, it’s possible that might not have been precisely true. Perhaps, she had just recorded demos of some songs and was being more experimental but had not done anything solid. Even the radio version of Mona Lisa was very raw.

Blackout and Circus captured the themes that Britney was trying to convey. The music and feel of these albums were much more edgy and original than anything she had done in the past. I’m guessing that songs like Freakshow, Radar, Get Back, Circus, and Mannequin were songs that might have been intended for original doll. 

The real reason why very little has been revealed about original doll is because there isn’t much information on it to begin with. If this story was similar to the Smile album by The Beach Boys, people would have leaked the details. If Original doll came to fruition it would have been a combination of Circus and Blackout. 

In this respect, we might have been looking at Original Doll this whole time! I mean there’s a reason why those albums have received so much praise. It’s what she probably envisioned when she was planning original doll. 

What do you all think?original-doll.jpg.4b41452058235fb749f27c267e3ed5d8.jpg

Original Doll would be more R&B, completely different from her electropop stuff (Blackout, Circus, FF, Glory). Her team is SO pathetic and wanted to ruin. I wish Brit moved on a new label and team so she could've done what she wanted, but i don't think she's proud of the career she's had except for Oops, Britney 2001, ITZ, Blackout and maybe Circus. I wish Brit could've sing with her True voice and wish she could've released TOD

TOD would've been good, but C'mon we 

(Gotta Go on our own way sadly 😭

I don't think there is some big cover up with The Original Doll. I think Britney was working on some stuff during the Onyx tour and thought about the possibility of another album. But then she met Kevin, got married, and wanted to have kids. I think her first pregnancy is what caused the project to get put on hold. Then, when she started working on another album (which became Blackout), she was in a totally different space.

I have a feeling it's just that simple. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Her team is SO pathetic and wanted to ruin. I wish Brit moved on a new label and team so she could've done what she wanted, but i don't think she's proud of the career she's had

Isn't this partly Britney's fault though?

By 2004-2005, Britney was well aware of the terrible industry but did she make any effort to leave Jive?

Or did Britney really sign a contract she couldn't get out of?

I think it’s a far reach to find any correlating material between “The Original Doll” and Blackout/Circus.. The confirmed material we’ve heard from OD is limited to “Mona Lisa”... anything beyond that is fan conspiracy/speculation. We’ve heard a lot of demos from 2004-08 that could have been intended for any of the three albums, something entirely different or nothing at all.

The sounds on Blackout and Circus are so distinct and separate from one another as it is. Fans also like to associate songs like “Let Go,” “Sippin’ On,” “State of Grace,”  etc. with Blackout. I’m sure these were recorded sometime around the wide range of years Blackout was recorded but they were clearly never contenders for the final album. They sound like sound searching/brainstorm session songs that were recorded early on while Team B was trying to harness the albums sound. Or songs that Britney recorded for more personal reasons (a la “Baby Boy”). 

I doubt The Original Doll ever amounted to much. I think Britney had been out of the game for a minute and got trigger happy with a couple of studio sessions that in her mind equated to a half complete album. None of us will likely ever know for sure.

19 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Isn't this partly Britney's fault though?

By 2004-2005, Britney was well aware of the terrible industry but did she make any effort to leave Jive?

Or did Britney really sign a contract she couldn't get out of?

NOT HER FAULT! AT ALL. 

17 minutes ago, radar22 said:

I think it’s a far reach to find any correlating material between “The Original Doll” and Blackout/Circus.. The confirmed material we’ve heard from OD is limited to “Mona Lisa”... anything beyond that is fan conspiracy/speculation. We’ve heard a lot of demos from 2004-08 that could have been intended for any of the three albums, something entirely different or nothing at all.

The sounds on Blackout and Circus are so distinct and separate from one another as it is. Fans also like to associate songs like “Let Go,” “Sippin’ On,” “State of Grace,”  etc. with Blackout. I’m sure these were recorded sometime around the wide range of years Blackout was recorded but they were clearly never contenders for the final album. They sound like sound searching/brainstorm session songs that were recorded early on while Team B was trying to harness the albums sound. Or songs that Britney recorded for more personal reasons (a la “Baby Boy”). 

I doubt The Original Doll ever amounted to much. I think Britney had been out of the game for a minute and got trigger happy with a couple of studio sessions that in her mind equated to a half complete album. None of us will likely ever know for sure.

Let Go, Baby Boy and State Of Grace are from Blackout. 

MonaLisa and Someday are from TOD

If we consider Mona Lisa the planned lead single, than maybe Spears was gravitating towards a more raw sound at the time- raw vocals, live instruments, more storytelling which does not require massive productions and too much time.

It is possible that she had recorded 5 or 6 songs that she really loved and was 100% sure would be on the album.

However, most likely it was just a rebellion against Jive records. This radio interview could be seen as a way to say to Jive that she was indeed the OG doll - their best selling artist & their biggest money maker.. like "stop controlling me and telling me what to do. " "Stop forcing me to put songs I don't like on my albums" (Allegedly, Spears did not want Outrageous, Cinderella and Bombastic Love.. and 4sho she never liked Sometimes lol).

• Love 1
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

NOT HER FAULT! AT ALL. 

But why didn't she leave her label?

Or did she want to stay with Jive?

She was clearly battling Jive in late 2004/early 2005, but she clearly stayed in the industry and signed to Jive.

At the very least Britney should have renegotiated her contract for artistic autonomy, if she really wanted that.

• Like 1

Honestly, the idea that there is this entire album that’s her label refused to release is most likely bs.  She was recording...she was always recording in-between albums.  She probably had a vision for an album, but the idea that Jive refused to release it is absurd.  Britney had messed her knee up, she was married, she wanted to start a family.  Jive admitted that she was recording, but they also said that it wasn’t for an album...and then we got the Chaotic EP...which included Mona Lisa...the song she premiered (rough demo for the song) without any permission when she casually just dropped into the radio station.  I’m sure her label was pissed, but they ultimately did release the song.  I believe she recorded some demos around that time and jumped the gun when interviewed on the radio claiming she was leaning towards calling a new album “Original Doll”, but ultimately chose her personal life over her career.  I do not believe a full cohesive album exists.

fans love a good conspiracy, so it’s fun (I guess?) to assume her label was trying to silence her by shelving the album.  Hell, the official version of Mona Lisa is far more eerie and creepy than the demo (themes of cloning, breakdown), and they released that.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

NOT HER FAULT! AT ALL. 

Let Go, Baby Boy and State Of Grace are from Blackout. 

MonaLisa and Someday are from TOD

No they are not.  Just because songs were recorded between in the zone and blackout doesn’t automatically delegate them to either The Original Doll or Blackout. 

imo i don’t think original doll outtakes went into blackout or circus and i doubt it’s even linked to them in any way

the vibe you get from mona lisa which is the only track we know for sure was on original doll is pretty different to anything on either of the albums 

original doll was more of a **** you to her label/management or whatever and about her wanting to be in control of her life or smth like that

blackout is about dealing w the media & *** (let’s be real it’s her best album but there’s not that many deep meanings behind most of the songs) 

circus was also mostly about dealing w the media, love,few sad songs here and there & whatever the **** mmm papi is 

so yeah...

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, radar22 said:

No they are not.  Just because songs were recorded between in the zone and blackout doesn’t automatically delegate them to either The Original Doll or Blackout. 

Well To Love Let Go and State of Grace leaked from a Blackout demo CD so they were definitely recorded during the album’s sessions.

Sippin On was originally recorded for In the Zone and reworked with rapper AC for Blackout. The AC version also leaked from the Blackout demo CD.

Someday was written specifically for the Chaotic EP from my understanding. Mona Lisa was recorded in 2004 and supposedly intended for The Original Doll but also got released on the Chaotic EP.

3 hours ago, dojaknee said:

imo i don’t think original doll outtakes went into blackout or circus and i doubt it’s even linked to them in any way

the vibe you get from mona lisa which is the only track we know for sure was on original doll is pretty different to anything on either of the albums 

original doll was more of a **** you to her label/management or whatever and about her wanting to be in control of her life or smth like that

blackout is about dealing w the media & *** (let’s be real it’s her best album but there’s not that many deep meanings behind most of the songs) 

circus was also mostly about dealing w the media, love,few sad songs here and there & whatever the **** mmm papi is 

so yeah...

Don't you slander Mmm Papi like that :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

That was about her getting a man who is fuego :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Actually she started recording songs for what eventually became Blackout as early as early as 2005 while she was still pregnant with Sean Preston before they released the Chaotic EP with DIsco D and Christopher "Notes" Olsen and then in 2006 with J.R. Rotem and Doug Elkins

Not only that but in typical Britney fashion she was still in the studio by the time In the Zone came out. Jive was planning to re-release the album with both new and older tracks to coincide with the release of Outrageous and the third leg of the Onyx Hotel Tour in July-August 2004

She recorded both The Fugitive and My Prerogative on May 2004. According to fansites and message boards back then she allegedly also recorded versions of Justify My Love and Heart of Glass too. (Bloodshy said they recorded about 20 songs from 2002 to 2013)

She then recorded the early version of Mona Lisa and layed a rough idea for another song either on late May or early June 2004

Finally she recorded Someday and the final version of Mona Lisa sometime in April 2005

There's actually candids of Britney from May 2005 right after a meeting with Jive holding an email exchange between Guy Sigsworth and a Zomba employee and a CDr with presumably the final version of Someday. By then the Original Doll concept was most likely scrapped

028.jpg

I’m... not sure how this proves she recorded anything intended for an album to be released 2-3 years later. Did they confirm they recorded a track in that timeframe that was actually on Blackout? Interesting info nonetheless.