Billboard ranks 'Anticipating' as the 5th best deep cut of 2001

As they should have! side note....I was so mad about the cartoon theme from the tour (its iconic now) I just thought she would perform it in the Elvis jumpsuit. I would look at the Live From Las Vegas cover and daydream....before I finally got my VHS copy! I'm old!

• Like 1

Love Anticipating, even tho I prefer Bombastic Love, Lonely and Cinderella over it (from non-singles) 

Btw is it just me or Anticipating and Brave New Girl are like sister songs? They have that same "overly enthusiastic, white chick, Disney teen movie" vibe to me.

With that said, I'm a bit surprised you love Anticipating so much, considering the enormous hate for Brave New Girl:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

They are both cute to me so...:bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

What's crazy is not only is the song a soundalike of Janety's "All For You" but the staging for the big performance on the Dream Within A Dream Tour is directly copying the music video for it as well! I wonder if it was a subconscious thing, kind of like when Britney ripped off Enrique Iglesias' song "Maybe" with "My Love Was Always There" or if it wasa subtle choice to honor Ms. Jackson yet again.

obv there's better non-single tracks on Britney than Anticipating for us fans (Lonely, Cinderella, Before the goodbye, I run away, Let Me Be) ... BUT it's a cute song & it's super cool that she's getting recognized right now for her MUSIC.

it's such a fun song! I didn't like it as much at the time but it really aged well for me.

:tongueney_britney_cocky:

• Love 1

Seeing all those amazing bops on that list makes me feel so nostalgic and solidifies just how great of a year 2001 was for music. Arguably the best year for music this century.  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

That being said, I do think Lonely and I Run Away should have made the list, particularly Lonely considering it’s her strongest NON-single alongside Breathe On Me

• 4 weeks later...