Billboard ranks 'Anticipating' as the 5th best deep cut of 2001

JUSTICE FOR ANTICIPATING :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

5. Britney Spears - Anticipating 

While the bump and grind raunch of "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys" were the pillars of Spears' 2001 LP Britney, betwixt the heavy breathing club hits she leaned into lighter disco-pop with the effervescent (and Rick Astley-reminiscent) "Anticipating." Britney explored themes of ***ual maturity, and was more overt about coming of age on the album's "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" ballad -- but with lascivious lyrics ("my body's taking over and I want some more") couched in strings as light as cherry-flavored lip gloss, "Anticipating" actually embodied the sense of being old and young, inexperienced and a slave 4 u, all at the same time. -- K.B.

Full list:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/9552939/best-2001-album-tracks-top-50/

891025625_e0027fb998_c.jpg.872cb733a4d2318178323adb99993de3.jpg

• Like 3

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JUSTICE FOR ANTICIPATING  5. Britney Spears - Anticipating  While the bump and grind raunch of "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Boys" were the pillars of Spears' 2001 LP Britney, betwixt the heavy brea

Anticipating!!!!! It is forever a mood booster, one of my favs Justice for Anticipating

I'm still so pissed it came last in the megarate, it's always been one of my faves from this album!! It's so feelgood and I love the disco influences. It would have made a good single (okay I know it

Posted Images

Idk if I would have picked Anticipating when other jams are on the album like Cinderella. I Run Away and Before the Goodbye are superior but they aren't on the tracklist. But I'm all for the Britney album getting some love lately.

Awesome, love the random love for her deep cuts like when Rolling Stone praised How I Roll. IMO there are better deep cuts from the Britney album though - Lonely, Cinderella, That's Where You Take Me. But Anticipating is very cute and fun!

• Like 2
  • Twitter Team

I'm still so pissed it came last in the megarate, it's always been one of my faves from this album!! It's so feelgood and I love the disco influences. It would have made a good single (okay I know it got released in France but I mean worldwide with a proper music video etc.).

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Isla said:

I'm still so pissed it came last in the megarate, it's always been one of my faves from this album!! It's so feelgood and I love the disco influences. It would have made a good single (okay I know it got released in France but I mean worldwide with a proper music video etc.).

Omg I had no idea it came last:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: I'm disappointed, exhale

I agree it could have been a big hit, the last one for the children. I would have loved a mv with a cute choreo

Anticipating would have charted higher than every other single on that album (in the United States) :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

You guys are always reaching with Cinderella, thats one the fan faves that was going to flop no matter what..like Slumber Party

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Avatar said:

You guys are always reaching with Cinderella, thats one the fan faves that was going to flop no matter what..like Slumber Party

unlike Slumber Party, which couldn't be saved even with an amazing video, a killer video for Cinderella would've done wonders. It had the potential to be an iconic videoclip like everything she did back then. Maybe it wouldn't have impacted the US because of the radio ban anyways, but internationally it would've done great.

However, I still prefer Bombastic Love and Lonely 

• Like 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean