Jump to content

Actor Ronen Rubinstein comes out as bi


Recommended Posts

It's unfathomable how many closeted gays are in the industry, let alone the world :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

 

It's hard to be authentic when society will detach itself from you if you are openly authentic. It's like with Kate Winslet's recent statement saying she knows a lot of gay actors who wont come out because they are sure it will end their careers armie hammer trailer GIF.

Hopefully Ronen's gonna prove Kate wrong, at least with his own case, in the future. 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
45 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Hey @Urbanney how the heck does this post incite hate? Why are you giving out warning points for no reason?

@Jordan Miller what's the deal with some of your mods?

For some reason, it's common for people to diminish bi***uality as not a real thing - that someone is either gay and just doesn't want to come out all of the way, that they just need to pick a side, or that it's trendy.

I interpreted that post as the user not believing Ronan that he was actually bi***ual. My theory was supported further when the user PM'd me saying that they were just trying to say that "everyone is bi***ual these days." As in, Ronan is coming out as bi to be trendy, not because he's actually bi***ual.

The user got points because it is never okay to be diminishing someone's ***uality and that is the type of the attitude that makes Exhale unwelcoming, unfriendly, negative, and not a safe space to share opinions, which is the exact opposite of the environment we're trying to create here.

  • Like 2

#FreeBritney

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

For some reason, it's common for people to diminish bi***uality as not a real thing - that someone is either gay and just doesn't want to come out all of the way, that they just need to pick a side, or that it's trendy.

I interpreted that post as the user not believing Ronan that he was actually bi***ual. My theory was supported further when the user PM'd me saying that they were just trying to say that "everyone is bi***ual these days." As in, Ronan is doing coming out as bi to be trendy, not because he's actually bi***ual.

The user got points because it is never okay to be diminishing someone's ***uality and that is the type of the attitude that makes Exhale unwelcoming, unfriendly, negative, and not a safe space to share opinions, which is the exact opposite of the environment we're trying to create here.

Ok I get that, but even so, their comment did not "Incite" hate.

Definition of incite
transitive verb

: to move to action : stir up : spur on : urge on

 

It's just interesting that you singled out that comment, when there are plenty in the recent death threads that are far worse.

Just seems like you took it personally and responded as such, instead of being neutral and unbiased.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
21 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Ok I get that, but even so, their comment did not "Incite" hate.

Definition of incite
transitive verb

: to move to action : stir up : spur on : urge on

 

It's just interesting that you singled out that comment, when there are plenty in the recent death threads that are far worse.

Just seems like you took it personally and responded as such, instead of being neutral and unbiased.

I interpreted diminishing someones ***uality as inciting hate. If you want to call it blatant respect or muddying the water instead, go for it. Either way, again, it's breaking the rules of Exhale.

I did not give warning points because I "took it personally." Since you're implying that I'm on some sort of power trip, this was the first set of warning points I've given out in weeks because I've been busy and haven't time to read every post like you apparently expect me to. If I see a post that breaks the rules, I give out points. Additionally, the user only got a few points which expire after 48 hours, resulting in essentially no effect on their account other than me warning them that that kind of post is not acceptable.

If you are seeing death threats, why aren't you reporting them? Report the posts with death threats, and I'll give them points. Anyways, you're using whataboutism to deflect from the fact that the user's post you're talking about broke the rules.

I'm not claiming to be unbiased. I'm human. However, Jordan trusts my judgment and interpretation of the rules which is why I'm in this position.

I am not responding further.

#FreeBritney

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I interpreted diminishing someones ***uality as inciting hate. If you want to call it blatant respect or muddying the water instead, go for it. Either way, again, it's breaking the rules of Exhale.

I did not give warning points because I "took it personally." Since you're implying that I'm on some sort of power trip, this was the first set of warning points I've given out in weeks because I've been busy and haven't time to read every post like you apparently expect me to. If I see a post that breaks the rules, I give out points. Additionally, the user only got a few points which expire after 48 hours, resulting in essentially no effect on their account other than me warning them that that kind of post is not acceptable.

If you are seeing death threats, why aren't you reporting them? Report the posts with death threats, and I'll give them points. Anyways, you're using whataboutism to deflect from the fact that the user's post you're talking about broke the rules.

I'm not claiming tot be unbiased. I'm human. However, Jordan trusts my judgment and interpretation of the rules, which is why I'm in this position.

I am not responding further.

Death THREADS hun, not threats.

 

The user didn't break the rules, it's like you said, how YOU interpreted it.

There was nothing hateful in what they said. They didn't say a single thing about being Bi as a negative.

 

I'm just saying it's obvious that you aren't being unbiased, which you just admitted, and that's not right.

At least be fair.

If you had a problem with the comment (which you did) wouldn't it be more effective to have the conversation and educate, instead of just throwing out warning points over a comment that wasn't even hateful.

 

You're usually not like this, but you've seemed extra on edge lately.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Death THREADS hun, not threats.

 

The user didn't break the rules, it's like you said, how YOU interpreted it.

There was nothing hateful in what they said. They didn't say a single thing about being Bi as a negative.

 

I'm just saying it's obvious that you aren't being unbiased, which you just admitted, and that's not right.

At least be fair.

If you had a problem with the comment (which you did) wouldn't it be more effective to have the conversation and educate, instead of just throwing out warning points over a comment that wasn't even hateful.

 

You're usually not like this, but you've seemed extra on edge lately.

You’re interpreting that they didn’t break the rules, but they did. Us mods are extremely aware of what is okay or not and we are well within our rights to award WPs for hateful comments.

I do not think it is right of you to publicly call out mods, users have been told on MULTIPLE occasions to raise concerns privately. I found your comments to Urbanney to be extremely disrespectful and us mods should not be spoken to how you have spoken to Urbanney.

If you have anything further to say about this, raise it privately

I struggle to see how comments like this are okay, they are outright rude and disrespectful.
 

1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Hey @Urbanney how the heck does this post incite hate? Why are you giving out warning points for no reason?

@Jordan Miller what's the deal with some of your mods?

You know I’ve never had any issues with you previously, but this sort of behaviour is not okay. Urbanney has explained and has given their reasoning - which they should not even be questioned about in the first place. 
 

You’re turning this thread into an attack against mods and totally derailing it.

 

  • Love 1

Stream BOYZ ♫

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block