Let's stan this Nicki Minaj verse

I remember I was a kiddo when this song came out. Imagine a kiddo singing  ‘Can I get that coke? Can I get that Henny? Can I get that margarita on the rock-rock-rocks?’ :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: Yeah, I’m kiddo :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

However, her verse is iconic. I miss her little yet iconic verses. :bow_bowing_orange:

Today is all about 1s and how she’s dragged for not having a 1, so who tf cares? Does the new generation of females have at least ONE iconic verse? Nope. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Style. said:

I remember I was a kiddo when this song came out. Imagine a kiddo singing  ‘Can I get that coke? Can I get that Henny? Can I get that margarita on the rock-rock-rocks?’ :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink: Yeah, I’m kiddo :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

However, her verse is iconic. I miss her little yet iconic verses. :bow_bowing_orange:

Today is all about 1s and how she’s dragged for not having a 1, so who tf cares? Does the new generation of females have at least ONE iconic verse? Nope. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Lmaoooo, I bet a lot of kids were fan of Nicki cause she was so bubbly and colorful with her visuals, fashion etc

i remember when i was like 12 i knew the verse from Where Dem Girls At by heart

Nicki has so many iconic verses, including Monster and that verse from the Ciara song

She has like 6-7 verses that everyone knows i'm sure

Which isnt the case for a lot of female rappers that i wont mention :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Style. said:

It was okay, not iconic. This is iconic and highly chart topping and out sold Nicki's entries discography

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

It was okay, not iconic. This is iconic and highly chart topping and out sold Nicki's entries discography

All female rappers are dope and entertaining

Lil Kim, Missy, Azealia Banks, Nicki, Cardi, Megan, Iggy, Foxy etc

I love them all, why do we always have to choose ? Male rappers can co-exist yet people always pit women against each others

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

All female rappers are dope and entertaining

Lil Kim, Missy, Azealia Banks, Nicki, Cardi, Megan, Iggy, Foxy etc

I love them all, why do we always have to choose ? Male rappers can co-exist yet people always pit women against each others

I know that, I just say this just to poke @Style. buttons. I don't take any of this serious like the rest of you lol. I like to troll :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Dreams said:

Lil Kim, Missy, Azealia Banks, Nicki, Various Artists, Megan, Iggy, Foxy etc

This, but behind the scenes those males are pitting these women against each other. 

To me what’s strange is why Lil Kim’s career took this weird turn. We all know Nicki wasn’t the issue why her career stopped functioning. Literally every male rapper from that period are millionaires right now, except for Kim. Girl has a huge catalogue with classic hip hop beats and I’m wondering what tf happened. Is it because of Atlantic Records? I know that she signed a 360. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Style. said:

This, but behind the scenes those males are pitting these women against each other. 

To me what’s strange is why Lil Kim’s career took this weird turn. We all know Nicki wasn’t the issue why her career stopped functioning. Literally every male rapper from that period are millionaires right now, except for Kim. Girl has a huge catalogue with classic hip hop beats and I’m wondering what tf happened. Is it because of Atlantic Records? I know that she signed a 360. 

Lmaooo not Various Artists  :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Kim's career really started to go downhill after she went to jail back in 2005, she got convicted because there was a shooting between her crew and Foxy Brown’s entourage, and a man died of his injuries. Both of their careers got impacted by it. Record label executives didn't really trust Kim anymore after the whole mess.  The funny thing is that Kim actually got convicted because she absolutely refused to snitch on anyone. The accident gave her "street credibility" i guess, but it also burned a few bridges for her in the industry. She was also in a toxic relationship after that, she got physically and mentally abused, the man broke her nose a few times, it's a really sad story that is way too long to explain , she had quite a tragic life. I think all the surgeries kinda killed her career too. If she didn't change her apparence so much, she could have had a comeback.

2 hours ago, Style. said:

This verse is also a serve. Was she sending shots at Kim all this time? This line always sends me ‘They say my shoe game crazy, the mental asylum lookin' for me. (Ha ha ha ha), you a rookie to me.’ :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Imagine a rookie singing about a veteran that she’s a rookie comparing to her. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

@Gayseus911 @Dreams

Nicki was ruthless back then lmao

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Dreams said:

Which isnt the case for a lot of female rappers that i wont mention

hopefully you don't mean cardi, whose NUMBER 1 song bodak yellow is known word-for-word by almost everyone. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: cardi is trash but nicki is a lil kim rip off and never gave the respect she should have to other females in the game. i for one am glad clowny b dethroned her. 

56 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

How does it always turn into a Nicki vs Cardi fight :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Ikr :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

28 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

hopefully you don't mean cardi, whose NUMBER 1 song bodak yellow is known word-for-word by almost everyone. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: cardi is trash but nicki is a lil kim rip off and never gave the respect she should have to other females in the game. i for one am glad clowny b dethroned her. 

I like them all :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

with each of them, there is at least one song that I like

but i will always have a soft spot for 90s lil kim :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: Hardcore is my fav female rap album period

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

How does it always turn into a Nicki vs Cardi fight

because social comparison is a natural human behavior that incentives us to be successful and function as a cohesive yet  individually-driven society. people doing the same thing at the same level of exposure will be always be compared, right wrong or otherwise, it's gonna happen. should they be "pitted against each other"? no. but should they and will they be compared, the same way two people's accomplishments and resumes are compared when being considered for one open position in a corporate job? yes. the entertainment industry is just that - an industry. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

30 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

That’s why every female rapper is compared to the standard which is Nicki. Also, Cardi can’t rap and doesn’t have ONE iconic line in her career so  :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

[Verse 3: Nicki Minaj]
Could I get that 'trón? Could I get that Remy?
Could I get that Coke? Could I get that Henny?
Could I get that margarita on the rock-rock-rocks?
Could I get that salt all around that rim, rim- rim-rim?
Trey, I was like, "Yo, Trey"
Do you think you could buy me a bottle of Rosé?
Okay, let's get it now
I'm with a bad b/tch, he's with his friends
I don't say, "Hi", I say, "Keys to the Benz"
Keys to the Benz? Keys to the Benz
Motherf/ckiin' right, yeah, V to the 10
If a b/tch tryna get cute I'ma stomp her
Throw a lot of money at her then yell
"F/ck her! F/ck her! F/ck her!", then yell, "F/ck her!"
Then I'mma go get my Louisville Slugger
Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'm really such a lady
I rep Young Money, you know, Slim, Baby?
And we be doing donuts while we wavin' the .380
We give a lot of money to the babies out in Haiti
Yellin' all around the world
Do you hear me? Do you like my body? Anna Nicki
Rest in peace to Anna Nicole Smith, yes, my dear, you're so explosive
Say, "Hi" to Mary, Mary and Joseph
Now, bottoms up and double my dosage

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block