Could Girls Aloud have been successful in the US

Sadly, none of the British girl groups would ever make it in the US, even with proper label push. The US just has flop taste in music. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

Anyway, never forget the 1-2 punch of the Tangled Up and Out of Control eras. Some of the best songs from the 2000s. They still sound fresh to this day. I'm STILL bitter Britney's label passed on songs from Xenomania.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

As much as I love Girls Aloud, I don’t think they would have been successful in the US. I don’t know why but that kind of glittery dance pop music that was huge in the UK never really worked here in the US. Kylie Minogue, for example, has had such a huge career in Australia and UK but really only has one major hit in the US and is somewhat unknown. 

For some reason, girl groups perform only moderately well in the US... besides the Spice Girls. Fifth Harmony had a couple hits but were no where near the success of One Direction... but their music was mostly r&b/pop mesh that was already popular in the US.

Girl groups perform moderately in the US. 

TLC says hello, five years between albums and they were able to be successful and be #1 for 5 weeks while keeping Britney at #2 with FanMail. The keyword is Girl groups have to be more R&B it's always been that way since the supremes in the US. Spice girls struck gold cos of an aggressive marketing plan that had the girls stateside for 4 months which worked in their benefit, @Slayer can tell you Little mix was told the same thing in order to break it they would have to live here and work in the US til they had their breakthrough, but nobody told one direction that, just a girl group which is harder to establish an audience. 

We like Girl groups but you have to have a stand out. 

DC beyonce 

Spice girls Geri

Or in TLC's case controversy. Their second album benefitted off the Controversial case of Lisa burning her ex boyfriends house down, even a vibe cover with the girls wearing fireman outfits, which chilli said almost landed Lisa in jail was playing on the controversy of the incident which a meme dissed lemonade but praised lisa for giving us Arnold palmer with that fire. 

So either a stand out fav or controversy is how females are able to have success in the US, it's never been about the talent just press for females in general.  

27 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Girl groups perform moderately in the US. 

TLC says hello, five years between albums and they were able to be successful and be #1 for 5 weeks while keeping Britney at #2 with FanMail. The keyword is Girl groups have to be more R&B it's always been that way since the supremes in the US. Spice girls struck gold cos of an aggressive marketing plan that had the girls stateside for 4 months which worked in their benefit, @Slayer can tell you Little mix was told the same thing in order to break it they would have to live here and work in the US til they had their breakthrough, but nobody told one direction that, just a girl group which is harder to establish an audience. 

We like Girl groups but you have to have a stand out. 

DC beyonce 

Spice girls Geri

Or in TLC's case controversy. Their second album benefitted off the Controversial case of Lisa burning her ex boyfriends house down, even a vibe cover with the girls wearing fireman outfits, which chilli said almost landed Lisa in jail was playing on the controversy of the incident which a meme dissed lemonade but praised lisa for giving us Arnold palmer with that fire. 

So either a stand out fav or controversy is how females are able to have success in the US, it's never been about the talent just press for females in general.  

I should have clarified, I meant pop* girl groups.

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Rochelle and Frankie!

Rochelle is now a popular TV Presenter here in the UK and has her own game show that she hosts with her husband!

He's so hot! He was in a UK boy band called JLS - i'm not sure if you've heard of them?

1_rochelleJPG.jpg

19040974-low-.jpg

I loved JLS! 

Thanks to the internet :) 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block