Billboard On "Britney" and "Slave 4 U"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billboard released a new article discussing the success of the Britney album and the impact of Slave 4 U on Britney's career and pop culture. The article is part of Billboard's press releases to recap

Pop masterpiece, like most of her albums. Amazing vocal performance. Unforgetable videos and performances from that era. She was rising more and more, true phenomenon.     

This was truly Britney’s peak as a performer and as a celebrity. Britney’s face was everywhere in the world, and I think that ended up overshadowing the music itself. And of course there was the alleg

2 hours ago, InZone said:

Pop masterpiece, like most of her albums. Amazing vocal performance. Unforgetable videos and performances from that era. She was rising more and more, true phenomenon. 

Reveal hidden contents

Justice for “Before the goodbye”! 

I know! Top songs, top videos, top performances. Not to mention the Dram Within a Dream tour. If a singer did this today, they would be praised left and right.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

This was truly Britney’s peak as a performer and as a celebrity. Britney’s face was everywhere in the world, and I think that ended up overshadowing the music itself. And of course there was the alleged clear channel radio ban, which destroyed any chances the singles had of impacting high on the hot 100. I understand Britney’s label dedicating to album sales, but it wouldn’t have hurt to print physical copies of the singles of this era to allow them to have more chart success. At the end of the day I always come back to this tour, and her performances of this time the most. She was truly at her  peak as a performer.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

It says Brian choreographed it but wasn't it Wade?

it was both of them and Mayte García

• Love 3

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

14 hours ago, F.a.u.zish said:

This was truly Britney’s peak as a performer and as a celebrity. Britney’s face was everywhere in the world, and I think that ended up overshadowing the music itself. And of course there was the alleged clear channel radio ban, which destroyed any chances the singles had of impacting high on the hot 100. I understand Britney’s label dedicating to album sales, but it wouldn’t have hurt to print physical copies of the singles of this era to allow them to have more chart success. At the end of the day I always come back to this tour, and her performances of this time the most. She was truly at her  peak as a performer.

For sure! It was definitely Britney at her peak, and paved the way for the In The Zone era.

21 hours ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

It says Brian choreographed it but wasn't it Wade?

I think Brian always gets the main hype in articles  because he was always with Britney at that time.

1 hour ago, maki93 said:

I think Brian always gets the main hype in articles  because he was always with Britney at that time.

Gotcha. I mean I just so distinctly remember wade teaching it to her on MTV diary so I just assumed it was only him!

• Like 1

That was her best era in terms of the full package + her energy. Although, they should have had I run away, before the goodbye and when I found you on the album. Cinderella would have been a smash if it was released in the oops era (2000) and Crossroads wasn't as successful as they hoped. Not to mention the rise of anti pop, anti Britney was full blown in 2002 so it was difficult but the album sold millions anyway and she was the #1 search on Yahoo and then Google plus #1 highest paid celebrity that era (2002) beating out all A list actors. 

The aesthetic of that album is also highly underrated.

9 hours ago, popprison said:

That was her best era in terms of the full package + her energy. Although, they should have had I run away, before the goodbye and when I found you on the album. Cinderella would have been a smash if it was released in the oops era (2000) and Crossroads wasn't as successful as they hoped. Not to mention the rise of anti pop, anti Britney was full blown in 2002 so it was difficult but the album sold millions anyway and she was the #1 search on Yahoo and then Google plus #1 highest paid celebrity that era (2002) beating out all A list actors. 

The aesthetic of that album is also highly underrated.

EXACTLY! That album does not have the recognition that it deserves at all!

On 4/8/2021 at 2:02 AM, F.a.u.zish said:

Slave for You, was when she made an impression to me. I said to myself, 'whow! is this Britney? she is so hot and different'. She always seemed to me so un cool and way to good:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: