“Stages: Three Days in Mexico” screening plus an interview with the director Judy Huffman tomorrow April 8th

• Content Curators

NS.JPG.e65fd8fcb8461b05aa802d292d3e87ee.JPGThe University of Chicago’s Film Studies Center is sponsoring a screening of the documentary tomorrow April 8th at 7 p.m.

“Stages: Three Days in Mexico” is a concert movie only occasionally, and in name only. It will be screened virtually, free of charge, in a 7 p.m. April 8 presentation sponsored by the University of Chicago’s Film Studies Center. Hoffman will be interviewed by National Public Radio cultural correspondent Neda Ulaby. Viewers can catch both film and discussion at twitch.tv/filmstudiescenter, and a Twitch account is not required.

There’s one scene in her own Spears film that sticks with her. “She’s in the hotel room, ordering corn chowder. And she sits there, eating it, alone. The room service guy asks her to sign the bill, though it’s pretty clear he knows who she is, and she doesn’t really need to sign for it. And then she’s alone. That kind of loneliness — that was so sad to me.”

Read the full article here Chicago Tribune

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

That Article was really insightful. I always thought that for a cute little BTS documentary to go with that photo book, that stages was a really in depth, somewhat sad film. I think this was the only documentary that really highlights how lonely touring was for a celebrity. It also shows all the stuff that went wrong on that final DWAD stint in Mexico, from canceling the show mid concert, to her being hounded by the paparazzi, and the press’s inappropriate questions  to the point where she was just done. It makes sense to me she went on a long break right after this and you can see how her career was slowly starting to get to her. I feel like all these feelings Britney had at this point in her life really planted the seed for her life to go the way it did when the Onyx Hotel Tour was cancelled two years later after she broke her knee.

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...