Was Sam Lutfi hired by Team CON? : A Research Thread

On 8/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Near the bottom of the article, the court spokesperson confirmed that the hearing was indeed scheduled, but that Kaplan had cancelled it after Britney had checked herself into Promises for the second time:
Β 

I do think they scheduled this hearing as a threat, and once Britney complied with their wishes, they cancelled...Who knows if they would have actually followed through with stripping her of custody?

I do believe they must have had some kind of intel on Britney...Otherwise, why would they believe they had enough ammunition to strip her of custody?

Even if it wasn't sufficient for the judge, the intel had to be serious enough to scare BritneyΒ into submission.

I wrote earlier (either in this thread or another) that every time Lynne accused Lutfi of something, I was going to assume that Lynne was deflecting the blame and that she had actually committed the deed herself...

So what can we take from this?

Those assistants included Kalie Machado and Ali Simms.

Can we take from this that it wasn't Lutfi who planted the *****...

But perhaps Lynne herself?Β :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

I think you forget everything that happened before the 3 admissions to rehab. Britney practically spent 4 months dating every night since the divorce filing. The week before entering Antigua, the incident occurred at the strip club. I say this because already these attitudes would be enough to question the ability of a father / mother to take care of their children in a family court. And if I'm the devil's advocate (Lynn) maybe I force / manipulate Britney into rehab so she doesn't lose the custody trial, which she obviously would lose. (And later that lost year)

38 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

I think you forget everything that happened before the 3 admissions to rehab. Britney practically spent 4 months dating every night since the divorce filing. The week before entering Antigua, the incident occurred at the strip club. I say this because already these attitudes would be enough to question the ability of a father / mother to take care of their children in a family court. And if I'm the devil's advocate (Lynn) maybe I force / manipulate Britney into rehab so she doesn't lose the custody trial, which she obviously would lose. (And later that lost year)

Sorry, what happened at the strip club?Β 

16 hours ago, oscar0 said:

No, I'm not forgetting.

What I'm asking is...

Does that justify hiring someone (Lutfi) to plant ***** in Britney's home to force her into rehab?

Does that justify drugging Britney's Red Bull to force her into rehab? (A claim Lutfi recently made that was confirmed by Ali Simms.)

Do you realize that Lynne was already on the same team as Kevin at that point in time? Working with him?

Do you realize that by forcing Britney into rehab they set Kevin up to take the legal upper hand?

Lynne's actions don't point to someone trying to help her daughter...Lynne's actions point to someone trying to protect herselfΒ in regards to the family's "image" and their control over the "family business."

• Like 4
On 11/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, Applejack said:

Remember Alli saying Lynne had spiked Britney's red bull to get her into Promises? Really interesting how the timeframe is so tight

hold up. You mean to tell me lynne not only (allegedly)Β  spiked brits drink to get her to go to rehab, but lynne also(according to brit) set up this conservatorship as well? wow....wow...wow....reading this really makes me believe in that "rumor" that lynne flirted/slept wth kevinΒ (allegedly)

Β 

Brit-If you're reading this, i know you love your mama, but stay away from her. she is truly the spawn of satan. She's worse than Jamie imo. At least Jamie is out there being an a-hole. Lynne fake af will smile in your face and pray with you, but do the most disgusting things to you behind your back.Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

No, I'm not forgetting.

What I'm asking is...

Does that justify hiring someone (Lutfi) to plant ***** in Britney's home to force her into rehab?

Does that justify drugging Britney's Red Bull to force her into rehab? (A claim Lutfi recently made that was confirmed by Ali Simms.)

Do you realize that Lynne was already on the same team as Kevin at that point in time? Working with him?

Do you realize that by forcing Britney into rehab they set Kevin up to take the legal upper hand?

Lynne's actions don't point to someone trying to help her daughter...Lynne's actions point to someone trying to protect herselfΒ in regards to the family's "image" and their control over the "family business."

no, those things have no justification. Although Lynn had genuinely cared for Brit in February 2007, it does not exempt her from abandoning her during the 13-year conservatorship.

1 hour ago, oscar0 said:

no, those things have no justification. Although Lynn had genuinely cared for Brit in February 2007, it does not exempt her from abandoning her during the 13-year conservatorship.

Britney recently suggested that it was Lynne's idea to use a conservatorship against her.

I would suggest that idea came as early as February of 2007...Prior to rehab.

Perhaps one reason that Lynne took so long to hire a lawyer is that she:

a) committed crimes to have Britney admitted to rehab and to her second 5150.

b) was fearful of her safety for the next 13 years due to Jamie's reputation for physical violence.

c) both.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Those of us who followed Britney's story in real-time during 2007 and 2008 know what a dark figure Sam Lutfi is.

It's time for the fanbase to consider that Lutfi may have been hired by someone on Team CON to assist in setting the legal foundations for the conservatorship.

Why?

Lutfi's PR guy, Michael Sands (who formerly worked for Kevin Federline's attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan) and Lynne Spears have both claimed that Lutfi was inserted into Britney's life "in October of 2007."

We know that is a lie.

Britney-1-920x584.jpg

Lutfi was first photographed with Britney in June of 2007...But at least two witnesses have claimed he appeared months earlier:

1)Β Kalie Machado

In February of 2007, Britney's assistant Kalie first encountered Lutfi.

[FromΒ In Touch, print edition, March 10, 2008]:

"Kalie Machado claims that while she was Britney’s assistant, she received a call from a man β€œat a restricted number” who said he was a private investigator working for Brit’s ex husband Kevin Federline. That man was Sam. β€œHe said he had incriminating evidence on Britney and he was going to hand it over to me,” she recalls. β€œWe arranged to meet in a Santa Monica Starbucks.”

Kalie was nervous, so she brought her roommate with her. She says she spent 20 minutes listening to Sam talk and when she demanded to see the evidence, he instead β€œasked all kinds of stalkerish questions – like when we leave the house and where Britney and I went.”

Finally, Kalie realized that Sam had nothing and left. β€œI got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, β€œbut I just ignored them.”

Kalie stopped working for Britney… in February, 2007 and moved to San Francisco. Months later, she says she saw a photo on the Internet that made her stomach drop. β€œIt was Britney, standing next to the man I met in Starbucks – Sam Lutfi. I got a chill down my spine.”

3304.jpg

2)Β Lynne Spears

Some time between the evening ofΒ February 16, 2007, and February 21, 2007, Lynne Spears received a strange phone call.

[From "ThroughΒ TheΒ Storm," page 165]:

β€œRight beforeΒ BritneyΒ went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles.Β There are ***** planted inΒ Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin andΒ Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.”

Two paragraphs later, Lynne admits that the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi. She then proceeded to attend a taping of Dancing With The Stars with him, and also discuss shoe and jewelry endorsements.

Through-The-Storm-Page164-165.jpg

Legal Foundations:

A private investigator hired by Kevin?Β Incriminating evidence?Β ***** planted in Britney's home?Β 

Who is Sam Lutfi? And why would he appear just prior to Britney mysteriously visiting a prominent criminal defense attorney before checking into a 30-day stint in rehab?

Feb. 20, 2007:

Britney checked into Promises rehab center in Los Angeles.

Feb. 21, 2007:

• Kevin Federline was granted an ex parte (emergency) court hearing over custody ofΒ their two young sons.
  • Britney checked out of Promises and drove to meet with Blair Berk, a prominent criminal defense attorney.

Feb. 22, 2007:Β 

• Britney checked back into rehab for a third time, staying for 30 days.
  • Kevin retained sole physical custody of the boys for those 30 days.

Oct. 1, 2007:

• A judge granted KevinΒ FederlineΒ theΒ sole right "to retain physical custody ofΒ theΒ minor children" after his attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, petitioned for an unscheduled hearing.

What happened between rehab and officially losing legal custody of the boys to Kevin?

• Lynne Spears and Sam Lutfi attended a taping of Dancing With The Stars together on May 22, 2007.
  • Lynne SpearsΒ and Sam Lutfi discussed shoe and jewelry endorsements.
  • Britney was photographed partying throughout the summer, often accompanied by Sam Lutfi.
  • The familyΒ court judgeΒ concluded that "there is a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol by (Spears)" and ordered her to undergo **** testingΒ on Sept. 18, 2007.
  • Britney was charged with hit-and-run and driving without a valid license on Sept. 23, 2007, stemming from an incident in August.
  • Britney was photographed driving with the boys in the back of her car without a valid license.

5feda8c0911ea.jpg

The First 5150:

• After losing custody on Oct.1, 2007, Britney spent the next two months with limited visitation of her boys.
  • On Jan. 31, 2008, she locked herself in her bathroom and refused to turn the boys over to Mark Vincent Kaplan when he arrived.
  • Sam Lutfi was present in the house.
  • Britney later wrote a letter claiming her "friend" told her it was okay to keep the boys longer.

The Second 5150:

• Britney spent the next month with zero visitation rights.
  • On the night of January 27, 2008, Britney visited Dr. Deborah Nadel for the first time after the family court ordered her to undergo psychiatric testing.
  • Over the next threeΒ days, Britney spent at least 60 hours straight awake, crying, and driving the streets of Los Angeles.
  • On the night of January 30, 2008, paparazzi agency X17 reported that there had been a suicide attempt. Only Lutfi is present at the time, but Lynne rushedΒ to Britney's home.
  • On the night of January 31,Β 2008, Britney was alone at her house with Sam Lutfi, Lynne Spears, and Lynne's friend Jackie.
  • Police, fire, and ambulance assisted in taking Britney to the hospital, accompanied by police helicopters.
  • In a legal declaration filed several days later, Lynne accused Lutfi of drugging Britney that night. "Sam told Jackie and me that he grinds upΒ Britney's pills, which were onΒ theΒ counter and included Risperdol and Seroquel. He told us that he putsΒ them in her food that that wasΒ theΒ reason she had been quiet forΒ theΒ last three days (she had been sleeping.) He told us thatΒ theΒ doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so thatΒ they couldΒ then give her ***** to heal her brain."
  • The following day, Lutfi admitted that he gave Britney a "handful of pills" prior to Lynne's arrival. He claimedΒ the pills were to treat Britney's bi-polar disorder.
  • On Feb. 1, 2008, Jamie Spears asked the probate court for a temporary conservatorship. "Dementia" is cited as the reason.
  • In Lynne's book, she admitted that Jamie had planned for the temporary conservatorship with Lou M. Taylor for several weeks in advance.

Sam Lutfi has never been charged with any felonies related to Britney, even though the Spears accused him of drugging her, as well as stealing valuables from her home. If these accusations were true, why not press charges?

article-0-000-A6-A7000000578-549-468x451

The Permanent Conservatorship:

• On Oct. 28, 2008, the temporary conservatorship was made permanent.
  • Britney was found to be "susceptible to undue influence," meaning she is vulnerable to others taking advantage of her.
  • Jamie Spears used the "susceptible to undue influence" claim frequently over the next eight years, often citing Sam Lutfi as posing a danger to her.Β 
  • Media outlets such as TMZ frequently referred to Lutfi as being a threat until his lawsuit against the Spears wrapped in 2016.

The Result:

Sam Lutfi has re-appeared frequently over the past 12 years, whether it be:

• Assisting Britney with attempting to retain lawyer in Jon Eardley in February of 2008, earning LutfiΒ a restraining order.
  • Assisting Britney in obtaining a cell phone in January of 2009 to contact lawyer Jon Eardley, earning LutfiΒ a secondΒ restraining order.
  • Suing Lynne Spears over claims made in her book "Through The Storm."
  • Suing Britney for defaulting on a management contract that would have earned Lutfi millions of dollars.
  • Accusing Britney of being a **** user, saying he found a stash of crystal m*** in her home in July of 2007.
  • Re-appearing on social media in 2019 and contacting Lynne Spears in 2020, resulting in additional restraining orders.

Sam Lutfi mayΒ claimΒ to be a friend of Britney, but his actions over the past 12 years haveΒ consistentlyΒ given the family court and probate court reasons to:

1) Deny Britney physical and legal custody of her children.
2) Deny Britney unsupervised visitation rights with her children.
3) Commit Britney to two involuntary psychiatric holds.
4) Commit Britney to a temporary conservatorship due to "dementia."
5) Continue to hold Britney in a permanent conservatorship due to being "susceptible to undue influence."

0821britandsam-Enlarged.jpg

The result has been that Jamie Spears and Kevin Federline (along with attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan) have brokered private deals over the past 12 years for supervised visitation rights with the boys. This is likely the biggest reason why Britney has been compliant with the conservatorship for so many years and did not legally fight back until 2019.

The question is...

If Sam Lutfi was at any timeΒ paidΒ to assist in what appears to be a multi-million-dollar racket,Β whoΒ was (or still is) paying him to do so?

Please discuss.Β :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Sources:Β 

https://www.cele*****y.com/9838/sam_lutfi_stalked_britney_before_befriending_her_claims_her_ex_assistant/

https://books.google.ca/books/about/Through_the_Storm.html?id=eOiunEB5ccMC&redir_esc=y

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spears-idUSN2145435720070923

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/oct/02/pop.usa

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lawyers-meet-in-spears-custody-dispute-1.257640

https://www.x17online.com/2008/01/britney_running_on_empty

https://www.x17online.com/2008/01/x17_xclusive_britney_suicide_attempt

https://www.x17online.com/2008/01/britney_suicide_attempt_the_hours_before

https://www.x17online.com/2008/02/sam_admits_to_giving_brit_handful_of_pills

https://www.x17online.com/2008/02/_is_sam_lutfi_being

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/britney-spears-sam-lutfi-trial-381805

Related:

Β 

Β 

What is the truth about this guy though

• 1 month later...

I just came across this tweet on my timeline right after reading about the letter JL's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, sent to Rosengart.Β 

And then I read in the tweet the name of Lutfi's lawyer in the first RO... Bryan Freedman.

Coincidence or not? It was a long time ago, and I do believe in coincidences but...just thought it was interesting, how some names keep popping up over the years.

https://twitter.com/Tuituituitui11/status/1484048887887572996?s=20

Edit: Maybe @Steel MagnoliaΒ has some thought about this? I know they keep good tabs on names of people involved through the years. Is this old news?

Edited by Tar_isa
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Tar_isa said:

I just came across this tweet on my timeline right after reading about the letter JL's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, sent to Rosengart.Β 

And then I read in the tweet the name of Lutfi's lawyer in the first RO... Bryan Freedman.

Coincidence or not? It was a long time ago, and I do believe in coincidences but...just thought it was interesting, how some names keep popping up over the years.

Great find!Β 

At this point I’d believe Sam Lutfi and Lou Taylor were the same person.

Coincidences are not it’s very interesting indeed.

2 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Edit: Maybe @Steel MagnoliaΒ has some thought about this? I know they keep good tabs on names of people involved through the years. Is this old news?

This isn't old news.

Someone just tagged me in another thread about it...I only read it minutes ago.

We know that Lynne Spears' lawyer was sharing court docs with Lutfi's lawyer not that long ago (i.e. in the past year or so)...Who was Lutfi's lawyer at the time? Do we know?

Can you imagine if, say, Tri-Star was footing the bill for Bryan Freedman way back in the day, too?Β :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This isn't old news.

Someone just tagged me in another thread about it...I only read it minutes ago.

We know that Lynne Spears' lawyer was sharing court docs with Lutfi's lawyer not that long ago (i.e. in the past year or so)...Who was Lutfi's lawyer at the time? Do we know?

Can you imagine if, say, Tri-Star was footing the bill for Bryan Freedman way back in the day, too?Β :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I believe it was attorney Marc S. Gans.

He represented Lutfi as recently as 2019, when Penny issued a RO against him on behalf of the conservatorship.

https://apps.calbar.ca.gov/attorney/Licensee/Detail/285594

https://apnews.com/article/a0765367da92428b82e1f5fef7da94ce

Edit: GansΒ was also the one who Lutfi used to send Lou a C&D

• Like 1

Guys, Britney has not once mentioned Sam Lutfi. She has been dragging her family. And every restraining order they placed in Lutfi was bc he was trying to free her from the conservatorship.Β 
Β 

He isn’t the bad guy people make him out to be. If he was, Britney would have mentioned it by now. She’s mentioned most everyone else.Β 

3 minutes ago, hazel24magic said:

Guys, Britney has not once mentioned Sam Lutfi. She has been dragging her family. And every restraining order they placed in Lutfi was bc he was trying to free her from the conservatorship.Β 
Β 

He isn’t the bad guy people make him out to be. If he was, Britney would have mentioned it by now. She’s mentioned most everyone else.Β 

I don't even know what to say to thatΒ :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:Β read the thread girl, that's all i can tell youΒ 

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Are these the lawyers we're talking about?

Bryan Freedman:

https://variety.com/exec/bryan-j-freedman/

Marc Gans:

https://ftllp.com/courtney-love-ends-defamation-row-with-350k-settlement/

How does Lutfi afford these guys? Hollywood entertainment lawyers do not come cheap.Β :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Why do I feel as if we're going to find their fees buried in the CON accounting records?Β :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Exactly my thoughts! How does he afford them indeed?

Freedman is one of Hollywoods premier entertainment lawyers (he even has his own Wikipedia article.Β 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Freedman

Gans is also Courtney Love’s lawyer, he represented her against the defamation suit brought by Dawn Simorangkir (Simorangkir wasΒ represented by none other than Bryan Freedman…and Jesse Kaplan, son of Mark Vincent??..)

Love probably introduced Gans to Lutfi.Β Whatever that case, it appears its a very very small legal world in Hollywood.

A thought: Could be that LouΒ JL purposefully hired Freedman as a way to hinder Lufti’s threats.

Seeing as Lutfi recently threatened legal action against JL following her book release, what better way to ensure he doesn’t hire Freedman - who specialises in entertainment legalities - again.

As a general rule, no lawyer in a single firm can represent a client if another attorney (in the same firm) is representing an opposing party.

I imagine that’s how Lou thinks. Pull the rug out from under them before they know what’s what.Β 

Still it doesn’t favour your theory Lou hired Lutfi. I will admit, I initially thought Kaplan appeared to have hired Lutfi, though the tables are beginning to turn.Β 

I wonder could Larry (or his protege Dan Dymtrow)Β be the one funding Lutfi? Larry is definitely involved in all this, but from a very safe distance, which is why no one ever mentionsΒ him.Β 

It’s a about time we do!

Could he have hired Lutfi?

• Love 3

Has anyone found the initial complaint with the Labor Commissioner that Britney filed against Larry in April 2007? I've only seen the dismissal from 2008.Β 

This theory may have already been brought up before but if Larry hired Sam, do you think he was also paying paparazzi to follow Britney around. Even Kaplan said he doesn't have to do much work to prove why Kevin should have the kids. Just look at the media frenzy. Sam admitted that he was tipping them off wherever they went. And Larry was (in my opinion inappropriately) involved in the custody case from the testimony he gave. Maybe Sam and the paps came as a package deal to make her look crazy?Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, TimeSpaceJoyLoveKnee said:

This theory may have already been brought up before but if Larry hired Sam, do you think he was also paying paparazzi to follow Britney around. Even Kaplan said he doesn't have to do much work to prove why Kevin should have the kids. Just look at the media frenzy. Sam admitted that he was tipping them off wherever they went. And Larry was (in my opinion inappropriately) involved in the custody case from the testimony he gave. Maybe Sam and the paps came as a package deal to make her look crazy?Β 

I hadn't thought of the Lutfi-paps as a package deal theory.

Brilliant!Β 

:praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

We had considered that Lutfi had been hired by a few different people, but in the "Twelve Account Current" thread I think we'd narrowed it down to two possible suspects:

1) Lou M. Taylor
2) Larry Rudolph

With assistance by Blair Berk.

It doesn't matter which member of the Spears family you plunk into the role of the conservator...It still comes down to Lou and Larry as the people in the background pulling the strings...Along with the record company, they had the most to gain (and now the most to lose.)

• Love 3