Was Sam Lutfi hired by Team CON? : A Research Thread

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Fair point.

I've always assumed that the visit to Blair Berk may have been in relation to the "***** planted in Britney's Malibu home" that Lynne refers to in her book.

That seems like a much more solid reason to visit a criminal defence attorney...Especially a criminal defence attorney that worked with Team CON a year later to initiate the conservatorship.

Totally!

I'm more inclined to think it was related to ***** too.

Around this time is when Britney also met Howie Day. As you know, they became acquainted in Promises. Day was there for substance abuse and addiction issues (alcohol and *****). For all we know it was he who advised Britney to shave her head and get an attorney.

1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Totally!

I'm more inclined to think it was related to ***** too.

Around this time is when Britney also met Howie Day. As you know, they became acquainted in Promises. Day was there for substance abuse and addiction issues (alcohol and *****). For all we know it was he who advised Britney to shave her head and get an attorney.

Britney shaved her head prior to entering Promises.

It occurred on February 16th, and she didn't enter Promises for the first time until February 20, 2007.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

After re-reading Eardley's letter, there appears to be nothing that suggests or hints at a conservatorship. It is hopeful, and though slightly pandering, it lays out a what exactly Kaplan was doing to win - using the media and police to paint a drastic picture of events. It had a plan to fight. It was positive not fearful.

According to Lynne, when Lufti turned up at Britney's house on the eve of her second 5150 (and impending conservatorship), ranting about "they" were coming to take her away, while Lynne ranted that Lufti was the one engineering the impending commitment - why would she suggest that??? - Britney was confused and unsure who to believe. Do you think that had Britney known about or suspected aconservatorship, she would likely have used it against Lynne at that very moment. Things were on tender hooks (she had begun to trust her mom again). Its's one thing to "agree" to a 2nd 5150, but another to "agree" to an imprisonment.

She had to be blindsided by the conservatorship, otherwise it would never have worked.

During Britney's 2nd 5150, and right when the conservatorship was enacted, Britney reportedly "had lawyers draft several documents, however, she did not sign a durable power of attorney giving Lutfi the power to make medical decisions on her behalf. Nevertheless, something was signed and doctors went to Lutfi for guidance". I bet this is when Eardley really came into the fold. Enter stage left so to speak.

Eardley and Britney were reportedly in contact during her hospitalisation. Eardley said in a court filing that Britney Spears hired him in a telephone conversation. It was likely then. And thus began Earley's fight to end the conservatorship the moment it began. It is not reasonable to believe, that had Britney known about the conservatorship in advance she wasn't about to start fighting for it from day 0? It's temporary right. How bad could it be.....

Britney and Lutfi's fight on January 28th could have been about anything. Britney was sleep deprived, emotional and exhausted. A person in this state would get up set at the slightest deviation from the norm. They could have fought over the fact that it was raining that night. However, they didn't argue about the weather. If you watch the video(s) from that night, the pair reportedly "exchanged harsh words over her relationship with Adnan". You can hear Lufti say to her "you don't care about me", to which Britney replies "I know I don't *****ng care about you".

Speaking of Adnan, he was there the night of the 2nd 5150, as he was reportedly the one to drive Lynne to the hospital after the medical team (according to Lynne) refused to let her accompany Brit in the ambulance. He was also reportedly present in the hospital, along with one of Britney's children.

Go back and re-read...Eardley actually warns her in the letter that they're likely to put her in a conservatorship. It is the first time (that we know of) that the word is tossed around.

As for the rest...

At this point, we're going by the stories told by Lynne and Lutfi...Both of whom have both been proven to be liars. They're blaming each other, when it is likely that both have committed nefarious acts.

Adnan did accompany Lynne to the hospital that night...There is photographic evidence of that.

• Like 6
On 4/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, ivosoares said:

There’s a really interesting read in one of the articles, Sam apparently said that something happened around 2002/2003 that sparked her bipolar disease. 

Sam claims that he, Britney and her psychiatrist are the "only ones" who know what brought on her bi-polar disease, an incident that happened roughly five years ago.

Sam then admitted to what Lynne Spears accused him of doing in the restraining orderfiled yesterday - feeding her daughter medication. "I said these pills are working wonders, they are miracle pills."

Sam also claims that Brit said he was "better family than you guys [her parents] will ever be!"

What do you think about Sam's latest claims?

I'd be curious to know what "incident" sparked her disease...

My guess would be *****. There have been rumors that her family and management not only allowed Britney to take ***** but encouraged it (and by some recent accounts forced it) since she was very young. While theyre rumors, I cant help but think now that there might be truth to them. It wouldn't surprise me. Anything to keep her going and making them money....

There were also rumors of "executive parties" her and other members of Innocence used to attend. Im sure you can guess what those parties were like and why a 15/16 year old would attend them. And at that age obviously her pare ts knew avout it and most likely encouraged it. They didnt have the money to start her career as theyve said many times after all...they beeded her famous and rich at any cost.

Again this is all alleged and meerly rumors...but again..it makes sense now if it is true.

Regardless, I cant imagine the things shes endured throughout her career, most of which we probably have no idea about. The industry is a scary place, especially for young women. I really hooe she finally finds some peace in her life.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Applejack said:

Britney could've visited Berk asking for guidance as how to develop a case against someone as Britney seemingly didn't even retain her as a lawyer. Berk doesn't work exclusively for criminal defense.

Britney had clearly developed a strategy. Get the blood tests at Promises and use them for a TRO against Lynne, Jamie and Larry. Apparently the police wasn't on her sight. She had one day between rehab stays and she used that day to visit Berk and to try to visit her children. After she left, she resorted for cleaning house on most of her lawyers, petitioning for a determination of controversy to get out of Larry's contract and that letter to her mom -- so her legit TRO idea didn't work out.

The NYT revers to Berk as "Ms. Spears's criminal lawyer". And she refers to herself as "a lawyer serving Los Angeles in Criminal Defense, White Collar Crime and Litigation cases". In Hollywood, she is known for making stars' legal issues "disappear." Her entire brand is, as CNN put it, being able to "vaporise a celebrity's sticky legal situation before it goes viral."

But why leave rehab and visit her if it's just about "guidance as how to develop a case against someone"? There clearly was a sense of urgency and immediacy, not to mention a sense of secrecy to her trip. This was not something that could wait or be discussed over the phone.

8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Go back and re-read...Eardley actually warns her in the letter that they're likely to put her in a conservatorship. It is the first time (that we know of) that the word is tossed around.

As for the rest...

At this point, we're going by the stories told by Lynne and Lutfi...Both of whom have both been proven to be liars. They're blaming each other, when it is likely that both have committed nefarious acts.

Adnan did accompany Lynne to the hospital that night...There is photographic evidence of that.

Your're right, I don't know why I never read that bit. It's on the last page. Thank you. It changes a lot.

Honestly, it's looking very like that whenever Lynne blames Lufti for something, she herself was the one who committed the act.

With this theory in mind...

Lynne drugged Britney; Lynne orchestrated the second 5150; Lynne lied to Britney. Lynne manipulated Britney.

Perhaps Juno is more like her mother than father after all.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Britney shaved her head prior to entering Promises.

It occurred on February 16th, and she didn't enter Promises for the first time until February 20, 2007.

Yes, I don't know why I thought she entered Promises on February 15, which was the date of 1st rehab in Eric Clapton's Crossroads Centre in Antigua.

This week it appears I'm too tired to see straight.

• Like 1

I see Youtuber SLO4N, was breaking down yesterday's court document from Jamie Spears' on his channel. At one point he said something along the lines of, 'God, I have SOooo much to say on Sam Lutfi. But I don't think I can.' 

He later reveals that he can no longer talk about a woman on his channel, basically alluding he's been threatened and gagged. Lou Taylor? Think she's protecting Sam too? Or maybe Sam is gagging SLO4N using his own money? Either way, it's highlighting the manipulations STILL going on behind the scenes to deflect from their own nefarious wrong doings, and keeping the Britney narrative the way they always intended it.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

The NYT revers to Berk as "Ms. Spears's criminal lawyer". And she refers to herself as "a lawyer serving Los Angeles in Criminal Defense, White Collar Crime and Litigation cases". In Hollywood, she is known for making stars' legal issues "disappear." Her entire brand is, as CNN put it, being able to "vaporise a celebrity's sticky legal situation before it goes viral."

But why leave rehab and visit her if it's just about "guidance as how to develop a case against someone"? There clearly was a sense of urgency and immediacy, not to mention a sense of secrecy to her trip. This was not something that could wait or be discussed over the phone.

I'd forgotten about this...

In Larry's deposition for the custody case, he testified that they were considering having Kevin pursue full custody if Britney did not admit herself to rehab.

And then we have this...

"Meanwhile, a spokesman for Kevin Federline's attorney told FOX News' Lisa Bernhard that the emergency hearing that Spears' soon-to-be ex-husband reportedly scheduled for Thursday was never set to take place.

Spears and Federline reportedly agreed Wednesday night that he would keep their two young sons while Spears was in rehabilitation, a program that takes between 30 and 45 days...

Michael Sands, a publicist for Federline's attorney, told FOX News they believed someone made up the news of the hearing and told Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini about it.

Federline and his attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan say they never called for a hearing, and that no court papers for a hearing were ever filed.

Earlier Thursday, Jamie Spears told FOX News that Federline and his lawyer were not scheduled to appear Thursday at an emergency hearing in family law court, as Parachini had said. He also alluded to someone leaking misinformation.

Parachini later issued an update: "A lawyer has called the bailiff and indicated nothing is going to happen today," he said. He identified the lawyer as Kaplan.

Kaplan had contacted the court on Wednesday and asked for the appearance, according to the Associated Press."

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20070303104151/https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253618,00.html

So...

It sounds like they did schedule an emergency hearing for the following day to request the court to strip Britney of custody and award it to Kevin.

However, since Lynne was able to drop Britney off at rehab at 10:33 pm on the night of Wednesday, February 21st, the hearing was then cancelled.

They likely thought it would look bad for Britney's parents to be in support of stripping her of custody, so both Kaplan and Jamie lied to the media about it.

Feb. 20, 2007 - Britney checks into Promises rehab center in Los Angeles.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte (emergency) court hearing over custody of their two young sons. 

Feb. 21 2007 - Britney checks out of Promises and drives to meet with Blair Berk, a prominent criminal defence attorney.

Feb. 22, 2007 - Britney checks back into rehab for the third time. She enters Promises for a one-month stay. [This date now appears to be wrong. She checked back in at 10:33 pm on Feb. 21st.]

Source:

What can we take from this?

It was likely the threat of full custody being awarded to Kevin that motivated Britney to enter rehab for the third and final time.

However...

Where does Blair Berk come in?

Team CON must have had something to present to the court that would justify them stripping Britney of custody.

Or would a 30-day rehab stay be enough for the court? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Like 2

It was likely the threat of full custody being awarded to Kevin that motivated Britney to enter rehab for the third and final time.

I was thinking the same, and more. Could be that the “false threat” of full custody being awarded to Kevin is what motivated Britney to leave rehab on a day visit and make a beeline for Berk’s? What did they have on her that warranted a visit to a criminal defence attorney?

Are we allowed to discuss Britney’s alleged **** use and such here? 

Britney must have visited Blair under the guise that she could help her in some way. Instead she stabbed her in the back.

If team Con had intel on Britney, which caused her parents side with Kevin, and could obliterate her chances of any sort of custody arrangement in the divorce proceedings, was this the same information Berk had on her in 2008, i.e the “historical information” on Britney Berk used to convince the judge she needed a conservatorship and to be stripped of her rights?

Do you think both Kaplan and Jamie lied to the media in order to scare Britney into submission. Or to cover their tracks after she admitted herself back into Promises. Perhaps, they never intended of stripping her of full custody. But they needed her to know they could unless she compiled with their wishes, Larry practically confirmed this - what you said above -

In Larry's deposition for the custody case, he testified that they were considering having Kevin pursue full custody if Britney did not admit herself to rehab.

That FoxNew article is quite curious isn’t it. What exactly did Jamie mean when he was quoted saying:

….the problems with Spears are “not about what other people think” and that he and Spears' mom are "concerned about our daughter.

What did people “think” around that time was “up” with Britney? An actually concerned father or is he publicly making a veiled threat to his daughter via the media?

Just reading Lynne’s legal declaration from Feb 6th 2008. Lufti is a POS. And clearly he was drugging them all, with caffeine pills. Apart from that I read that Lynne says:

Regarding Britney's and Sam's fight that evening (Jan 28th 2008), Sam had told Britney that she was an unfit mother, a piece of trash and a *****, that she cares more about Adnan, her current boyfriend, than she cares about her kids, and that she does not deserve her kids. 

Which makes your theory about  Eardley's letter being one of the things that caused the fight between Britney and Lutfi on the night of January 28th unlikely. Though, if Britney had got the letter that day and refused to heed or act on it, Lufti might have responded with Britney caring more about Adnan than her kids.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I was thinking the same, and more. Could be that the “false threat” of full custody being awarded to Kevin is what motivated Britney to leave rehab on a day visit and make a beeline for Berk’s? What did they have on her that warranted a visit to a criminal defence attorney?

Are we allowed to discuss Britney’s alleged **** use and such here? 

Britney must have visited Blair under the guise that she could help her in some way. Instead she stabbed her in the back.

If team Con had intel on Britney, which caused her parents side with Kevin, and could obliterate her chances of any sort of custody arrangement in the divorce proceedings, was this the same information Berk had on her in 2008, i.e the “historical information” on Britney Berk used to convince the judge she needed a conservatorship and to be stripped of her rights?

Do you think both Kaplan and Jamie lied to the media in order to scare Britney into submission. Or to cover their tracks after she admitted herself back into Promises. Perhaps, they never intended of stripping her of full custody. But they needed her to know they could unless she compiled with their wishes, Larry practically confirmed this - what you said above -

That FoxNew article is quite curious isn’t it. What exactly did Jamie mean when he was quoted saying:

What did people “think” around that time was “up” with Britney? An actually concerned father or is he publicly making a veiled threat to his daughter via the media?

Just reading Lynne’s legal declaration from Feb 6th 2008. Lufti is a POS. And clearly he was drugging them all, with caffeine pills. Apart from that I read that Lynne says:

Which makes your theory about  Eardley's letter being one of the things that caused the fight between Britney and Lutfi on the night of January 28th unlikely. Though, if Britney had got the letter that day and refused to heed or act on it, Lufti might have responded with Britney caring more about Adnan than her kids.

Near the bottom of the article, the court spokesperson confirmed that the hearing was indeed scheduled, but that Kaplan had cancelled it after Britney had checked herself into Promises for the second time:

Parachini later issued an update: "A lawyer has called the bailiff and indicated nothing is going to happen today," he said. He identified the lawyer as Kaplan.

Kaplan had contacted the court on Wednesday and asked for the appearance, according to the Associated Press.

"Kevin continues to be a very focused father with his children with hands-on management," said a statement from Kaplan, read by Sands.

Parachini had said it was not known what issue the 28-year-old aspiring rapper planned to raise, though the former couple are in a custody dispute over their two children.

I do think they scheduled this hearing as a threat, and once Britney complied with their wishes, they cancelled...Who knows if they would have actually followed through with stripping her of custody?

I do believe they must have had some kind of intel on Britney...Otherwise, why would they believe they had enough ammunition to strip her of custody?

Even if it wasn't sufficient for the judge, the intel had to be serious enough to scare Britney into submission.

I wrote earlier (either in this thread or another) that every time Lynne accused Lutfi of something, I was going to assume that Lynne was deflecting the blame and that she had actually committed the deed herself...

So what can we take from this?

“Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.”

~ Lynne Spears, "Through The Storm," page 165

Those assistants included Kalie Machado and Ali Simms.

Can we take from this that it wasn't Lutfi who planted the *****...

But perhaps Lynne herself? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Those assistants included Kalie Machado and Ali Simms.

Can we take from this that it wasn't Lutfi who planted the *****...

But perhaps Lynne herself? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Remember Alli saying Lynne had spiked Britney's red bull to get her into Promises? Really interesting how the timeframe is so tight

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Applejack said:

Remember Alli saying Lynne had spiked Britney's red bull to get her into Promises? Really interesting how the timeframe is so tight

Absolutely.

My hunch is that Lynne spiked Britney's Red Bull the first time, and then when Britney sprung herself from Promises after hearing about Kevin's emergency custody hearing, Lynne then "found" the cache of ***** (that perhaps Lutfi gave to her instead of planting himself) which prompted Britney to visit Blair Berk and then check in a second time.

It sure would be nice to hear a few more details out of Alli.