Was Sam Lutfi hired by Team CON? : A Research Thread

On 8/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, oscar0 said:

I think it seems pretty obvious that Britney was set up for EVERYONE, including her mother, who, at least, I want to believe, was genuinely concerned about her mental stability. However, in your narrative there are things that are ignored and softened. Britney was not well by the time the first 5150 happened, the images speak for themselves, you could tell she was in a bad state of mind. There was no logical reason for her to lock herself in the bathroom with Jayden. That is worrying and warrants at least calling the police to make sure nothing happens. If someone locks himself in the bathroom, I immediately think of bad things. In general, the things that happened in January 2008 show how unstable and sick she was.  

One was trying to piece together the reason why Kaplan (or someone close to him) may have hired Lufti. Not whether Britney is “unwell”.

According to reports, Britney was released from her 1st 5150 (January 3rd) a little over 24 hours later on January 5th.

CA law stipulates that a 5150 allows a person to be involuntarily detained for a 72-hour psychiatric hospitalization. If the person is further evaluated to be "mentally unwell" at the end of the 72 hours (the person needs to meet one of the three criteria:  the person is a danger to others; the person is a danger to self;  the person is gravely disabled or unwell), then the attending psychiatrist can file a 5250, or a 14-day extension of the involuntary hold.

Again, Britney was let go after a little over 24 hours. If she was "unwell" this is likely not to have occurred. Otherwise, there could be legal ramifications.

There are plenty of logical reasons to lock oneself in a bathroom. Surly, I don't need out spell them out. It's irrelevant at this moment in time whatever the reason was, but It does Not warrant a 5150. Indeed it may warrant a police visit. Two officers paying a visit. But not the entire LA paparazzi set, three fire trucks, two ambulances, four helicopters and at least 6 police cars. That is illogical and a waste of tax payers money. Someone wanted a show.

According to reports, it was the court-ordered monitor (named Robin Johnson - according to the Ronan Farrow article), who made the call on January 3rd. Johnson herself said

“None of this was her fault. There were so many people involved in her life that caused all of this craziness with her. I don’t have anything derogatory to say about her. . . . It was probably one of the saddest cases that I’ve ever done in my entire life.”

Nothing there about Britney being "unwell"

Why would you think of "bad things" regarding locking one self in a bathroom?

How do you know she did not realise that "they" were drugging her. This is not my opinion. I am only repeating what Lynne wrote in her book, which may or may not be true, but I really think you should read it as you seem to have ALOT of doubts.

And regarding who made the call of the second 5150. According to some reports it was the police who called it in, and other sources say Britney's doctor, Dr. Deborah Nadel. Likely it was the latter in conjunction with others. She know Britney over a very small period of time prior to this. They had one meeting. 

What NYT article are you referring to (I have access to their archives); I am unable to find this specific NYT source which says so. Do you mean Reuters?

• Love 4
On 8/10/2021 at 5:38 AM, oscar0 said:

In fact, Britney in one of her May 2007 letters directly accuses Larry of trying to manipulate her, directing her post-divorce life, even offering her alcohol, and then forcing her to go to rehab.

This is her attitude is normal, this was when he called the photographers, exposed her at that time, sent her with Paris and then took her to rehab

There was no logical reason for her to lock herself in the bathroom with Jayden.

Why is there no logical reason?.

That is worrying and warrants at least calling the police to make sure nothing happens.

What is worrying is that the people who have to protect you do not listen to you and they treat you worse than they have delinquent.

• Love 2

Of course, Sam was hired by the Conservatorship team ... it was obvious what they wanted and they got it.
They wanted chaos for Britney's life, for her to lose full custody of her children, they wanted paparazzi (for the record), parties, boyfriends so that she lost the case and for that, they hired Sam Lutfi and he did his job well, then they got rid of Sam although I even think that in the end, this was too much for him.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 1:22 AM, oscar0 said:

Britney was not well by the time the first 5150 happened, the images speak for themselves, you could tell she was in a bad state of mind. There was no logical reason for her to lock herself in the bathroom with Jayden. That is worrying and warrants at least calling the police to make sure nothing happens. If someone locks himself in the bathroom, I immediately think of bad things. In general, the things that happened in January 2008 show how unstable and sick she was. It is not logical that she would not have realized that they were drugging her, if that is true, but if she were not, she was not acting normal anyway. And regarding who made the call of the second 5150 according to the NYT was his psychiatry.

lmao how?

you don't 5150 someone because you have a twisted view of their lives. In the first 5150, apparently Kaplan called the police when Britney was just one-hour late in sending back the kids to KFed. A 5150 is issued for people who are deemed a danger to themselves or to others. Police confirmed Britney wasn't deemed a danger to herself or the kids, that she was very compliant and that she wasn't under the influence of anything. Yet they still issued the 5150 and she was let go because there was nothing wrong with her.

It's just that media painted an image of things and y'all assume everytime she says an "A" is mental illness.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 8/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, Priya Awais said:

Seems so much evidence for this.

Also he brought Gwen Stefani's kids for a play date.

She is managed by Lou.

He may have been the one paving the way then got thrown under the bus

OMG...was Gwen Stefani really managed by Lou?! This is so dark. 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

So here's why I suspect she read the letter...

It was written on January 28, 2008...Check out what else was going on at that time...

Jan. 25, 2008 - Britney visits Dr. Deborah Nadel for the first time after the family court forces her to undergo a psychological evaluation. [Note that Eardley's letter references "multiple personality disorder."]

Jan. 28, 2008 - Lynne and Jamie Spears arrive at Britney's house in separate cars at around 10 pm after hearing Britney and Sam Lutfi were fighting and that Britney was crying. [Eardley's letter is dated this day.]

[This night is the night that we have photos of Britney sitting on the curb crying with her dog in her lap.]

"Sam told Jackie and me that he grinds up Britney's pills, which were on the counter and included Risperdol and Seroquel. He told us that he puts them in her food that that was the reason she had been quiet for the last three days (she had been sleeping.) He told us that the doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so that they could then give her ***** to heal her brain." [This is a lie on Lynne's part...Britney had not been quiet. She had been driving around for three days straight, cranked on Red Bull and had likely been taking Dr. Nadel's medication for "multiple personality disorder" that Sam admitted to crushing and putting in her food.]

~~~> The next day, on January 29th, Britney, Lynne, and Sam go shopping for a Mercedes together. Eardley's letter is later found in the Mercedes by Blair Berk.

Jan. 30, 2008 - Paparazzi agency X17 reports that there has been a suicide attempt. Britney is alone at the house with Sam Lutfi, until he contacts Lynne Spears and requests her to come over. The police and ambulance arrive and take her to the Neuro Psychiatric Institute at UCLA ("NPI"). [Sam Lutfi and/or Lynne Spears reports the suicide attempt to Brandy Navarre at X17.]

Britney's hospitalization is ordered on the recommendation of Dr. Deborah Nadel.

LAPD helicopters circle overhead in a tightly-orchestrated effort to ensure Britney doesn't escape from her home before police can obtain a warrant to enter.

So...

I've always suspected that Eardley's letter is one of the things that caused the fight between Britney and Lutfi on the night of January 28th.

She wouldn't have known the second 5150 was coming at that time, and likely didn't know the conservatorship was only two days away, so why would she rush to contact Eardley so quickly?

I wonder if there's any way to prove whether or not she read the letter?

Wait a minute...

As I'm typing this I just noticed something...

The letter is dated January 28, 2008...But Britney wasn't strapped to a gurney and hauled away until the early morning hours of January 31, 2008.

How could Eardley's letter reference the gurney incident if it was actually written on January 28th? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

EDIT: I'm wrong. They strapped her to a gurney on January 4, 2008, before the letter was written.

Either way...

This makes me think I need to go over Eardley's letter again...I haven't read the entire thing since 2009 when it first came out.

There must be a way to bust them (Kaplan and Lutfi) on their little scheme. Some way. Somehow.

Only getting around to this now doll!

Im speaking hypothetically here, nothing is known for certain except legalities and such..

Don’t you think even if the letter was written on the 28th Britney may not have gotten it until a few days after? Post? Unless of course Lufti hand delivered the letter… or had intended to.

Also if we are to believe Blair, the fact that it was “found” in lufti’s car, suggests Britney either did not have it on her possession, or it was a plant by Blair. Btw why would Lufti have it?

Britney was strung out fighting to get her sons back after the 1st 5150. I’d assume - I could be wrong - that any sign of getting custody of her boys would cause her to jump on the idea, or rush to contact Eardley. 

Additionally, at this moment in time she was at the end of her tether with lawyers, was on her 4th having gone through 3. Someone with a strategy, other than “lay low, don’t go out, don’t speak to paparazzi, don’t go shopping at night” which apparently was Laura Wasser’s strategy and Britney ignored (which is why she - assuming the others also - left).

Something you said made me remember a detail about the second 5150-5250 that I haven’t seen mentioned here before, and is interesting.

Britney was released from the 2nd 5150 on January 7th.  After the 72 hours are up in the 5150 and the 5250 kicks in (allowing the person to be held up to 14 days) a Certification Review Hearing (aka Probable Cause Hearing) is held within 4 days of the person being placed on the 5250 hold.  A representative from the psychiatric treatment facility must show probable cause that the person is: 

1) a danger to self or others

or

2) seriously disabled due to a mental disorder to keep them further

The patient (in this case Britney) is represented by a Patients' Rights Advocate from the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health or may also be represented by a private attorney.  You can be almost certain Britney did not know this?  Either way the hearing takes place with or without the patient's knowledge or involvement.

Britney was released on day 4 of the 5250 (Jan 7th), this is the same day of the UCLA Certification Review Hearing where an administrative judge's (aka hearing officer) ruled that Britney was she was NOT gravelly disabled, mentally ill or a danger to herself or others. This was not reported by TMZ surprise surprise.

Meanwhile on Feb 1st judge Riva Goetz placed Spears and her estate in a temporary conservatorship at the request of Jamie. The approval process reportedly took ten minutes, ruling that Britney IS "a seriously disabled and/or mentally ill person" - they cite dementia - just as the separate impartial "judge" over at UCLA rules a few days later that Britney isn't.

I should point out that, the conservatorship was intended to last temporarily until February 4, despite this, it was still in place on February 7th, when Spears was released from the psychiatric ward. I’m assuming Team con expected the UCLA Certification Review Hearing to rule she was incapacitated.

It makes perfect sense that when Britney was released from UCLA on Jan 7th Lynne and Jamie kept insisting to the press that the hospital violated the probate court's orders (courtesy of Goetz) to keep her hospitalized, after it ruled she was seriously disabled, or “sick” (as Jamie liked to say to the media) and need to be kept locked up!  When in fact impartial doctors and a "judge" ruled otherwise.

Conservatorship hearings are a completely separate legal order from the probable cause hearing. The question is what has precedence, which is ultimately binding, and which can be quashed?

Regarding the suicide attempt reported by X17, had one been committed, you would agree that this may have resulted in Britney being kept longer under such circumstances (they had 14 days to do so under the 5250).

I am not familiar with the pattern of behavior after a suicide attempt.  Or how long someone is kept for monitoring after such an incident. I presume it would be longer than 6 days. But I don’t know.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2021 at 10:14 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Retrieve-****-Tests.jpg

Grandparents-Rights.jpg

So did this alleged drugging occur prior to the second rehab stay or the third rehab stay?

Britney admitted herself to Promises twice after springing herself from Crossroads in Antigua.

Could this be why she went to visit criminal defence attorney Blair Berk prior to the third rehab stay? Did she want to prove she had been drugged? Or was it because of the ***** found in her Malibu home? (As alluded to in Lynne's book.)

It seems Ali Simms has a lot of information that could prove or disprove Lutfi's claims.

Alli confirmed the info in these e-mails

third slide:

And the original post in which she left a comment:

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

third slide:

So Lynne drugged Britney to get her to Promises?! Holy fk. Could this line up with why Britney went to see Blair Berk initially? I don’t blame Britney for wanting nothing to do with her entire family back then and now, what complete scum. I hope Ali comes forward more, she must know so much.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

third slide:

Lynne is as devious as Jamie and Lou Taylor. We’re uncovering the real Lynne Spears or at least many of us are beginning to realize that Lynne has a dark side!!

Lynne’s also the one who got Britney on Adderall for weight loss purposes which isn’t what the RX is for, but can be a “beneficial” side effect. Britney was a young woman growing up in the public eye under intense scrutiny.

When she began to assert herself and take control of her life, her family lost their control over her & feared being financially cut off. Whoever was managing Britney’s finances pre-conservatorship had stolen and/or mismanaged her funds. They were all pressed to cover it up!!

They took advantage of Britney being in emotional distress due to fame, paparazzi, divorce, motherhood. They all colluded to takeover Britney’s entire life. It would make sense for them to send in Sam to instigate ****, causing more spiraling by Britney— but if you don’t know the context of WHY Britney’s doing the things she did— it does look as though Britney is an out of control **** addict with mental problems and needs an intervention in the form of a conservatorship.

Think back to that mtv article citing: RICO act, embezzlement, money laundering… hence, the conservatorship. #FreeBritney

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Don’t you think even if the letter was written on the 28th Britney may not have gotten it until a few days after? Post? Unless of course Lufti hand delivered the letter… or had intended to.

Also if we are to believe Blair, the fact that it was “found” in lufti’s car, suggests Britney either did not have it on her possession, or it was a plant by Blair. Btw why would Lufti have it?

Britney was strung out fighting to get her sons back after the 1st 5150. I’d assume - I could be wrong - that any sign of getting custody of her boys would cause her to jump on the idea, or rush to contact Eardley. 

I suspect Lutfi hand delivered the letter...In the same way that Lutfi obtained a recording of Britney calling Eardley in January 2009 and immediately provided it to JFXOnline to post on their website. Likely because Lutfi had her call his phone number and not Eardley's number.

I believe Lutfi was the "go between" in the scenario, with Britney and Eardley never having any direct communication.

Keep in mind that the letter appeared the same day that Lutfi admitted to Lynne that he was crushing the medication that Britney had just been prescribed three days earlier by Dr. Nadel. (Sam admitted to doing it in video footage that used to be on the X17 website, and in gossip blogs.)

I doubt she was in any kind of mental or physical shape to be pursuing legal action with a new child custody lawyer...And her focus would have been on the threat of a pending conservatorship, not on the child custody fight.

Jan. 25, 2008 - Britney visits Dr. Deborah Nadel for the first time after the family court forces her to undergo a psychological evaluation.

Jan. 28, 2008 - Lynne and Jamie Spears arrive at Britney's house in separate cars at around 10 pm after hearing Britney and Sam Lutfi were fighting and that Britney was crying.

"Sam told Jackie and me that he grinds up Britney's pills, which were on the counter and included Risperdol and Seroquel. He told us that he puts them in her food that that was the reason she had been quiet for the last three days (she had been sleeping.) He told us that the doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so that they could then give her ***** to heal her brain."

Source:

I’m on the fence about the attempted suicide. I would never speculate or hold it against Britney should she have done that. But, had a suicide attempt been committed, would you agree that they may have kept her longer under such circumstances (they had 14 days to do so under the 5250).

I suspect the reported suicide attempt was a fabrication by Lutfi that was communicated directly to Brandy Navarre, the owner of X17...She reported it because she had a "scoop."

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

third slide:

Wow...Excellent find.

I wonder if Lynne drugged her before the first trip to Promises or the second trip to Promises?

Britney visited with Blair Berk prior to the second trip...So now I suspect it was prior to the first trip and that she may have been reporting the incident to Berk before checking back in for the third and final time. But it's hard to say.

• Like 5

And her focus would have been on the threat of a pending conservatorship, not on the child custody fight.

Do you think Britney knew about the impending conservatorship?

Was it not sprung on her when she was in the 2nd 5150 on Feb 1st? Had she known about it, do you think she would not have agreed to go quietly?

4 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Do you think Britney knew about the impending conservatorship?

Was it not sprung on her when she was in the 2nd 5150 on Feb 1st? Had she known about it, do you think she would not have agreed to go quietly?

I suspect that Britney learned of the suggestion of the conservatorship directly from Eardley's letter.

Britney and Lutfi had a fight on the night of January 28th, the same day the letter was written...It was what gave Lynne and her friend Jackie, as well as Jamie Spears, the opportunity to make their way into Britney's house that night.

Why would Lutfi tell Britney about the letter? Perhaps to ingratiate himself even further by instilling fear of them in her.

Britney then spent the next three days awake, running on Red Bull, as if she was afraid of falling asleep in case they "got her."

As far as Britney going quietly on the second 5150...

By that point she had likely been drugged by Lutfi going on for five days...Pap photos from that time period showed her to be in a very rough place mentally.

We've now heard that Lynne drugged Britney in order to get her admitted to rehab in February of 2007...It was Britney, Lynne, and Sam Lutfi more or less alone in the house at the time the second 5150 occurred. (Unless there were other witnesses, e.g. a nanny or Adnan?)

How do we know that more drugging didn't occur prior to the second 5150 in order to get her to go quietly?

Sam Lutfi is holding something major over their heads.

I'm just getting a chance to read this now:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5f6faddf8ed7155b91ae16a7/t/5f9e1dff11f67f690abca0e4/1604197889508/2008.09.12+Declaration+of+Geraldine+Wyle+in+Support+of+Petition+for+Fees.pdf

Page 13:

"We assisted Blair Berk with negotiating to extend the TRO until July 31st...During the month of July we negotiated with Mr. Lutfi's lawyer...and therefore allowed the TRO to lapse without renewal."

REALLY?!

This man who was painted so horribly in Lynne's book that the conservatorship was able to continue for the next 10 years due to Britney being "susceptible to undue influence" because of him? This same man that TMZ continuously painted to be the villain?

And they allowed the TRO to lapse? :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Wow...Excellent find.

I wonder if Lynne drugged her before the first trip to Promises or the second trip to Promises?

Britney visited with Blair Berk prior to the second trip...So now I suspect it was prior to the first trip and that she may have been reporting the incident to Berk before checking back in for the third and final time. But it's hard to say.

Blair Berk is a criminal defence attorney, just like her famous father. Reasonably, if Britney was was going to see her, it was for her own defence?

If Britney was to report Lynne for apparent drugging, she could have visited the police (in between or after he stay(s) at Promises). Perhaps, not a criminal defence attorney, as she is not the one on trial here.

We can put 2 + 2 together why she made a visit.

Edited by Justin Woodpond
15 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Blair Berk is a criminal defence attorney, just like her famous father. Reasonably, if Britney was was going to see her, it was for her own defence.

If Britney was to report Lynne for apparent drugging, she could have visited the police (in between or after he stay(s) at Promises). Not a criminal defence attorney, as she is not the one on trial here.

We can put 2 + 2 together

Fair point.

I've always assumed that the visit to Blair Berk may have been in relation to the "***** planted in Britney's Malibu home" that Lynne refers to in her book.

That seems like a much more solid reason to visit a criminal defense attorney...Especially a criminal defense attorney that worked with Team CON a year later to initiate the conservatorship.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Blair Berk is a criminal defence attorney, just like her famous father. Reasonably, if Britney was was going to see her, it was for her own defence.

If Britney was to report Lynne for apparent drugging, she could have visited the police (in between or after he stay(s) at Promises). Not a criminal defence attorney, as she is not the one on trial here.

We can put 2 + 2 together

Britney could've visited Berk asking for guidance as how to develop a case against someone as Britney seemingly didn't even retain her as a lawyer. Berk doesn't work exclusively for criminal defense.

Britney had clearly developed a strategy. Get the blood tests at Promises and use them for a TRO against Lynne, Jamie and Larry. Apparently the police wasn't on her sight. She had one day between rehab stays and she used that day to visit Berk and to try to visit her children. After she left, she resorted for cleaning house on most of her lawyers, petitioning for a determination of controversy to get out of Larry's contract and that letter to her mom -- so her legit TRO idea didn't work out.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I suspect that Britney learned of the suggestion of the conservatorship directly from Eardley's letter.

Britney and Lutfi had a fight on the night of January 28th, the same day the letter was written...It was what gave Lynne and her friend Jackie, as well as Jamie Spears, the opportunity to make their way into Britney's house that night.

Why would Lutfi tell Britney about the letter? Perhaps to ingratiate himself even further by instilling fear of them in her.

Britney then spent the next three days awake, running on Red Bull, as if she was afraid of falling asleep in case they "got her."

As far as Britney going quietly on the second 5150...

By that point she had likely been drugged by Lutfi going on for five days...Pap photos from that time period showed her to be in a very rough place mentally.

We've now heard that Lynne drugged Britney in order to get her admitted to rehab in February of 2007...It was Britney, Lynne, and Sam Lutfi more or less alone in the house at the time the second 5150 occurred. (Unless there were other witnesses, e.g. a nanny or Adnan?)

How do we know that more drugging didn't occur prior to the second 5150 in order to get her to go quietly?

Sam Lutfi is holding something major over their heads.

I'm just getting a chance to read this now:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5f6faddf8ed7155b91ae16a7/t/5f9e1dff11f67f690abca0e4/1604197889508/2008.09.12+Declaration+of+Geraldine+Wyle+in+Support+of+Petition+for+Fees.pdf

Page 13:

"We assisted Blair Berk with negotiating to extend the TRO until July 31st...During the month of July we negotiated with Mr. Lutfi's lawyer...and therefore allowed the TRO to lapse without renewal."

REALLY?!

This man who was painted so horribly in Lynne's book that the conservatorship was able to continue for the next 10 years due to Britney being "susceptible to undue influence" because of him? This same man that TMZ continuously painted to be the villain?

And they allowed the TRO to lapse? :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

After re-reading Eardley's letter, there appears to be nothing that suggests or hints at a conservatorship. It is hopeful, and though slightly pandering, it lays out a what exactly Kaplan was doing to win - using the media and police to paint a drastic picture of events. It had a plan to fight. It was positive not fearful.

According to Lynne, when Lufti turned up at Britney's house on the eve of her second 5150 (and impending conservatorship), ranting about "they" were coming to take her away, while Lynne ranted that Lufti was the one engineering the impending commitment - why would she suggest that??? - Britney was confused and unsure who to believe. Do you think that had Britney known about or suspected aconservatorship, she would likely have used it against Lynne at that very moment. Things were on tender hooks (she had begun to trust her mom again). Its's one thing to "agree" to a 2nd 5150, but another to "agree" to an imprisonment.

She had to be blindsided by the conservatorship, otherwise it would never have worked.

During Britney's 2nd 5150, and right when the conservatorship was enacted, Britney reportedly "had lawyers draft several documents, however, she did not sign a durable power of attorney giving Lutfi the power to make medical decisions on her behalf. Nevertheless, something was signed and doctors went to Lutfi for guidance". I bet this is when Eardley really came into the fold. Enter stage left so to speak.

Eardley and Britney were reportedly in contact during her hospitalisation. Eardley said in a court filing that Britney Spears hired him in a telephone conversation. It was likely then. And thus began Earley's fight to end the conservatorship the moment it began. It is not reasonable to believe, that had Britney known about the conservatorship in advance she wasn't about to start fighting for it from day 0? It's temporary right. How bad could it be.....

Britney and Lutfi's fight on January 28th could have been about anything. Britney was sleep deprived, emotional and exhausted. A person in this state would get up set at the slightest deviation from the norm. They could have fought over the fact that it was raining that night. However, they didn't argue about the weather. If you watch the video(s) from that night, the pair reportedly "exchanged harsh words over her relationship with Adnan". You can hear Lufti say to her "you don't care about me", to which Britney replies "I know I don't *****ng care about you". Someone jealous?

Speaking of Adnan, he was there the night of the 2nd 5150, as he was reportedly the one to drive Lynne to the hospital after the medical team (according to Lynne) refused to let her accompany Brit in the ambulance. He was also reportedly present in the hospital, along with one of Britney's children.

Edited by Justin Woodpond