Was Sam Lutfi hired by Team CON? : A Research Thread

On 8/1/2021 at 12:56 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

Lufti may well have worked directly or indirectly with Team Con in the initial inception of the conservatorship. But, after reading John Eardley’s letter to Britney, and recently Lynne’s book ‘Through The Storm’ it’s looking very much like Mark Vincent Kaplan was the one who hired Lufti himself.

Britney's assistant Kalie Machado practically confirms this with her claims in In Touch Magazine in 2008, that while she was Britney's assistant, she received a call from a Lufti who said he “was a private investigator working for Federline (Kaplan)”.

As times goes on I’m realizing that everything related to the first and second 5150 on January 3rd and 31st (respectively) 2008, could never have happened without Lufti; his involvement, his connections to the paparazzi (which btw were instrumental in the custody fight), and the lies he fed to Britney and her family, namely Lynne.

How to you go about winning a Hollywood custody battle? You successfully paint the other person as "crazy", "out of control", and "a danger to themselves and others".  You plant seeds in the minds of the public, and let the media do the rest of the work. Kaplan had to just sit back and watch it all implode.

At this point I should mention the ongoing Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers divorce battle (they have both requested joint custody). There is a reason why all the “stories”, “accusations, “investigations” and “exes” suddenly started appearing earlier this year. Not at all saying they are fabricated, but Chambers legal representation are obviously doing their job, and a damn good one, at digging up the ammunition to win. That’s how Hollywood divorces are played and won. It goes down to the bone. And media and public perception is vital.

Britney was found to have had noting "wrong" with her following the first 5150 (an involuntary hold) on January 3rd 2007, and "voluntarily" discharged herself less than 48 hours later according to reports (it was actually closer to 24 hours). There was no indication that she was a danger to herself or anybody else. She had not been on illicit/illegal ***** (as some media outlets had reported, though court documents say she was taking prescription ***** at the time), nor was she diagnosed with any serous mental issues then (otherwise they would have issued a 5250 to hold her longer). Yet the damage was done. She had lost custody of her two boys. The media styled Britney and her supposed "meltdown" as "hysterical".  Just as Kaplan wanted. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

According to Lynne’s book, on Jan 3rd (the date of the first 5150), Lufti told Britney that Kevin had called that evening to say she could “keep the boys longer”. It was of course a lie so twisted it would change everything. So when Kevin’s bodyguard turned up “early” Britney was understandably devastated and panicked, locking herself and Jayden in the bathroom. Lufti's ruse had worked. According to reports it was the child monitor who called the police, yet the entire LA paparazzi set, three fire trucks, two ambulances, four helicopters and at least 6 police cars turned up at her house! Anyone would think there had been a major traffic accident. No it was just an upset Britney and her child in a bathroom. Kaplan no doubt made other calls that night, as he had also turned up too, ready to speak to the media on Britney’s “meltdown” as he likes to call it.

Britney wasn’t hysterical; she didn’t have a meltdown; she didn’t “refuse” to let her children (or one) go, as was reported by the media. She likely “protested” against what she had been told/promised. Perhaps she needed more time to say goodbye to Jayden. Did anyone even ask her?

Britney's second 5150, on January 31st 2008, appears to be “voluntary”, made at the behest of those closest to her her (team con), Lufti said at the time “she went willingly.  It was like something in her heart was telling her she should go. She knew something was wrong”. Britney reportedly had not slept for a number of days (3 at least according to Reuters). Likely Brit was being fed Red Bull by Lufti and at the same time was being drugged with amphetamines/ uppers to keep her awake, agitated and strung out (as suggested by Lynne in her book). That “something” in her heart was nothing more than caffeine palpitations, exhaustion and anxiety. Not a desire to be committed under psychiatric hold. Not a need to be framed incapacitated. She needed sleep. That’s all, as ridiculous as it sounds.

According to Lynnes book, Lufti called her on or around the evening of Jan 30th to say he had been tipped off that “someone was coming to commit Britney, again”. He never said who or when. Lynne implies that It was another lie. She interjects saying that “they can't take Brit away like that”, Lufti assures her that “yes they can”. He’s right, but only if there are grounds to do so. A lack of sleep? 

When Lynne arrives at Britney’s house in a panic, everything is eerily “normal” and Lufti was no where to be found. Immediately, Lynne suspects something fishy is going on and warns Britney to get out of the house because Sam is "going to get her committed". At that very moment Sam arrives and convinces a confused Britney (not sure who to believe at this point) he is not involved. Once again she is blindsided, and a few hours later “volunteers” to a psychiatric hold.

Britney released herself after less than a week (on January 7th), this time with “voluntary” and "temporary" conservatorship orders in place. There had been nothing “serious” found to keep her hospitalised (as long as you refrain from attempting suicide, homicide or any other documentable action - legally, there needs to be “specific and articulable” evidence of your inability to function normally to continue a hold, you’re free to sign yourself out).

And yet a bogus dementia diagnosis has been sanctioned by the judge Reva G. Gotz during this time. She was illegally declared incapacitated but there was no “proper” evaluation, and it was never specified what “exactly” was was being evaluated. This was after two of her doctors refused to sign off on Britney being incapacitated. At the same time the UCLA hospital doctors and psychiatrists had scrambled to come up with something at their end, which is why she was free to go. 

The media again styled her as “unhinged” and a “basket case”. Another win for Kaplan. And of course for Lou and Jamie. Lufti not surprisingly receives a restraining order (to me this proves he was likely working with Kaplan and not Lynne/Lou/Jamie but they could have thrown him under the bus after they finished with him).

The question still remains who "officially" sanctioned the second 5150? My bets are on Team Kaplan. Though Lou and Jamie are not far behind (though I see them more as opportunists fasting and praying for a sign, than all out plotters). But I maybe wrong. Perhaps all three worked together on this one. Whoever it was, they couldn’t have done it without Lufti. He is the key to all of it.

Well ****. This answered a lot of my questions.

Didn't Sam come onto the seen in 2006 mysteriously out of nowhere? Just as her marriage was falling apart and left her vulnerable for a takedown via her children? A man who just so happened to have extremely close connections with the papparazzi? The papz and negative media who just so happened to be one of the most fundamental jigsaw pieces in her downfall?

Consider this, what if the papparazzi never existed? Would Britney be in the situation she is in now? Would Team Con have been able to manipulate the negative Britney narrative to such a toxic degree to get to her money? He was allowing the papz into her home, ffs. I believe he kept her home unlocked at all times putting her in severe harms way but who the hell was he giving access to her home? Why? What scoops was he setting her up for all under the guise of 'humanizing' the photographers to her? It feels like he was framing her for 'something' ultimately. He should have been taking her away from that disgusting storm that was galvanizing her every moment and protecting her. He was stealing her cell phones and changing her numbers, deleting messages, making her think people were not calling back. She was forced to ask the papparazzi to use their phones because 'people keep taking my phone.'

I am now of the belief, though obviously I have no hard evidence, that Sam Lutfi WAS Team Conservatorship in the beginning. He was working with them to bring her downfall via the papparazzi and negative media coverage as they pushed her towards the c-ship prison in order to get to her vast wealth. I think at some point the other members of Team Con, like Lou Taylor, shafted him out of the deal and used every character assasination technique in the book to discredit him. I think he's been pissed and angry about this ever since and has desperately tried to clear his name by coming across as the hero in the Britney narratvie. And MANY fall for it. I do believe some of the evidence he brings forth about what was going on but I DO NOT TRUST HIM. He's also said stuff that can be discredited.

Consider again, he had a talent for preying on a vulnerable victim going through an emotionally difficult time, sets her up to be manipulated by the papz for a barrage of negative media coverage, and controlled her every move as well as switching her phone numbers and deleting messages and even removing her phones entirely. Gaslighting 101. Who else shows similar behaviour to this? Oh yeah, Team Con. And even if it turns out he never was part of their team, he sure as s.h.i.t proved he's as bad as them.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, HeyWhatsUpItsBrit said:

This might be a little off-topic, but I've always wondered how and why Lutfi has those saved voicemails from Britney to her lawyer. What's that about? I know he provided the phone, but was he recording her calls, too? If so, why? And did Britney know?

I've wondered that myself.

It's also possible that Eardley didn't even receive the messages, and that Lutfi had Britney call a number that belonged to Lutfi himself.

How else would Lutfi obtain the recordings?

The initial message was posted to the JFXOnline site almost immediately after it was recorded (e.g. within days). The other calls I hadn't heard until recently.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

I am now of the belief, though obviously I have no hard evidence, that Sam Lutfi WAS Team Conservatorship in the beginning. He was working with them to bring her downfall via the papparazzi and negative media coverage as they pushed her towards the c-ship prison in order to get to her vast wealth. I think at some point the other members of Team Con, like Lou Taylor, shafted him out of the deal and used every character assasination technique in the book to discredit him. I think he's been pissed and angry about this ever since and has desperately tried to clear his name by coming across as the hero in the Britney narratvie. And MANY fall for it. I do believe some of the evidence he brings forth about what was going on but I DO NOT TRUST HIM. He's also said stuff that can be discredited.

I believe it's exactly this.

I suspect he was first hired by Kevin's lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan (or another lawyer, such as criminal defense attorney Blair Berk or even Larry Rudolph, who we all forget is also an entertainment lawyer).

He was then thrown under the bus by Lou M. Taylor as she tried to shape the narrative and rebuild Britney's image as the "Spears Family Spokesperson."

I don't know if Lufi is trying to clear his name so much as regain his position as Britney's high-paying "manager"...But either way, I believe he got a taste of the money, power, and control that the position brought him, and just like Jamie, got addicted to it very quickly...To the point that all he can think about is reclaiming that position.

EDIT:

I had never considered Larry as the culprit until I read the transcript of his deposition for the custody case, which he sat for around October of 2007.

Larry admitted to bringing in Betty W. the interventionist (can't remember her last name) — the one who frequently dealt with celebrities with addictions.

At times, Lutfi has claimed he was a "sober coach"...So it doesn't seem like a huge jump in logic for Lutfi to have been brought in by Larry at the exact same time that Betty appeared on the scene.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Zayn Rivers said:

Idk, seems like it was better for him when she was free. How would the conservstorship benefit him?

He can move back into the "manager" position — the one he claimed back in 2007.

If anything, Larry Rudolph has made more money off of the conservatorship than anyone.

Did you notice that when Lutfi contacted Lynne Spears in 2019 and offered to pay for her lawyer that he didn't advocate for the conservatorship to be dissolved? He advocated for Lynne to take over Jamie's spot as conservator.

What does that tell you? 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It's also possible that Eardley didn't even receive the messages, and that Lutfi had Britney call a number that belonged to Lutfi himself.

This is my gut instinct too. Sam Lutfi just so happens to retain 3 messages we know about of her calling out from the phone to an external source and he has them?

1) Did he slip into the lawayers office at night to record the messages? Extremely unlikely.

2) Did he give her the burner phone with a 'lawyer's' number on it for her to call and leave a message, which just so happens to be an answer phone directly leading to him? Highly likely.

3) Did he bug the phone to record her message? Extremely likely because he was always manipulating her cell to do whatever business he felt compelled employed to do for Team Con.

I'd say it's 2 or 3 or both. Either way, it highlights starkly what a dangerously controlling and shady as f.u.c.k character this low life is. "Oh, but he's on Britney's side! Leave him alone!" Seriously?! People are so distracted by the drama of the voicemails and the potential they may help her case that they NEVER question how the hell he obtained them in the first place and then contrast it to his behaviour and how he manipulated her back in the day. He is employed stalker numero uno and we're supposed to be delirious about his presence in the Britney narrative today? Get the f.u.c.k off here with these low critical thinking skills. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493brgvmfpj6st3qt207qr3

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, OceanLabyrinth said:

This is my gut instinct too. Sam Lutfi just so happens to retain 3 messages we know about of her calling out from the phone to an external source and he has them?

1) Did he slip into the lawayers office at night to record the messages? Extremely unlikely.

2) Did he give her the burner phone with a 'lawyer's' number on it for her to call and leave a message, which just so happens to be an answer phone directly leading to him? Highly likely.

3) Did he bug the phone to record her message? Extremely likely because he was always manipulating her cell to do whatever business he felt compelled employed to do for Team Con.

I'd say it's 2 or 3 or both. Either way, it highlights starkly what a dangerously controlling and shady as f.u.c.k character this low life is. "Oh, but he's on Britney's side! Leave him alone!" Seriously?! People are so distracted by the drama of the voicemails and the potential they may help her case that they NEVER question how the hell he obtained them in the first place and then contrast it to his behaviour and how he manipulated her back in the day. He is employed stalker numero uno and we're supposed to be delirious about his presence in the Britney narrative today? Get the f.u.c.k off here with these low critical thinking skills. 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493brgvmfpj6st3qt207qr3

That's exactly why I've been saying for the past few years that Eardley not being successful was a blessing in disguise for her.

I've been accused of being "Team CON" for saying that...But no.

It's not that Eardley himself was the problem...It's that Eardley was hired by Lutfi and was doing Lutfi's bidding.

There was an ulterior motive apart from merely "setting her free."

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HeyWhatsUpItsBrit said:

This might be a little off-topic, but I've always wondered how and why Lutfi has those saved voicemails from Britney to her lawyer. What's that about? I know he provided the phone, but was he recording her calls, too? If so, why? And did Britney know?

Spoiler

Listen closely to the 3 voicemails, especially the 2 new ones moreso than the oldest one, and you notice most of it is a rehearsed speech and a few additional details. Why would Britney make a phonecall to a lawyer with a rehearsed speech about her constitutional rights, considering those details?

Plus, independently of who leaked, the three voicemails were discussed at court when he sued the Spears family, so to me it makes sense why he has it. It's just about the circumstances involving Britney that is incognito.

• Like 1

This makes everything more dark and sinister than it already is if true. Using Lutfi as a scapegoat/plant would mean her family and team had the conservatorship planned out way ahead of time rather than it being something to help her temporarily that just started being used and went on way too long. 

Your work is incredible - thank you @Steel Magnolia

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This makes everything more dark and sinister than it already is if true. Using Lutfi as a scapegoat/plant would mean her family and team had the conservatorship planned out way ahead of time rather than it being something to help her temporarily that just started being used and went on way too long. 

Your work is incredible - thank you @Steel Magnolia

Thank you for the kind words. :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

I think you're right about this being in the planning stages much earlier...I think they knew where this was heading by early February of 2007.

• Love 2

Wow, I know he is a evil and dark person IMO, but I didn't think about all of this. He is definitely no friend of hers, and I could absolutely see him as being part of it. We may never know but what I do know is that once Britney is free, I hope she NEVER comes in to contact with him. He can't come into contact with her because of the restraining order (is that still in place?) so I hope he doesn't even try. He's just as bad in my eyes as the rest. Something was always dark about him.

• Like 2

Betty Wineman. 

That is the name of the interventionist that Larry Rudolph brought in leading up to the final stay in rehab.

This looks to be an email Lutfi sent to somebody in 2011 for his lawsuit and which he's kept and is now providing to others.

"...Lynne claims she took a pill and crushed it..."

It's interesting that Lutfi and Lynne keep pointing the finger at each other when it comes to drugging.

Very interesting, indeed.

Betty-Wineman.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Retrieve-****-Tests.jpg

Grandparents-Rights.jpg

So did this alleged drugging occur prior to the second rehab stay or the third rehab stay?

Britney admitted herself to Promises twice after springing herself from Crossroads in Antigua.

Could this be why she went to visit criminal defence attorney Blair Berk prior to the third rehab stay? Did she want to prove she had been drugged? Or was it because of the ***** found in her Malibu home? (As alluded to in Lynne's book.)

It seems Ali Simms has a lot of information that could prove or disprove Lutfi's claims.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2021 at 16:52, studlygeorge said:

Bien ****. Esto respondió a muchas de mis preguntas.

12 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Creo que es exactamente esto.

Sospecho que fue contratado por primera vez por el abogado de Kevin, Mark Vincent Kaplan (u otro abogado, como el abogado de defensa criminal Blair Berk o incluso Larry Rudolph, de quien todos olvidamos que también es un abogado de entretenimiento).

Luego, Lou M. Taylor lo arrojó debajo del autobús mientras intentaba dar forma a la narrativa y reconstruir la imagen de Britney como la "portavoz de la familia Spears".

No sé si Lufi está tratando de limpiar su nombre tanto como de recuperar su posición como el "gerente" bien pagado de Britney ... Pero de cualquier manera, creo que pudo probar el dinero, el poder y el control que el La posición lo trajo, y al igual que Jamie, se volvió adicto a ella muy rápidamente ... Hasta el punto de que todo en lo que puede pensar es en reclamar esa posición.

EDITAR:

Nunca había considerado a Larry como el culpable hasta que leí la transcripción de su deposición para el caso de custodia, que se presentó alrededor de octubre de 2007.

Larry admitió haber traído a Betty W., la intervencionista (no recuerdo su apellido), la que solía tratar con celebridades con adicciones.

A veces, Lutfi ha afirmado que era un "entrenador sobrio" ... Por lo que no parece un gran salto en la lógica para que Lutfi haya sido traído por Larry exactamente al mismo tiempo que Betty apareció en la escena.

In fact, Britney in one of her May 2007 letters directly accuses Larry of trying to manipulate her, directing her post-divorce life, even offering her alcohol, and then forcing her to go to rehab.

On 8/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

Lufti may well have worked directly or indirectly with Team Con in the initial inception of the conservatorship. But, after reading John Eardley’s letter to Britney, and recently Lynne’s book ‘Through The Storm’ it’s looking very much like Mark Vincent Kaplan was the one who hired Lufti himself.

Britney's assistant Kalie Machado practically confirms this with her claims in In Touch Magazine in 2008, that while she was Britney's assistant, she received a call from a Lufti who said he “was a private investigator working for Federline (Kaplan)”.

As times goes on I’m realizing that everything related to the first and second 5150 on January 3rd and 31st (respectively) 2008, could never have happened without Lufti; his involvement, his connections to the paparazzi (which btw were instrumental in the custody fight), and the lies he fed to Britney and her family, namely Lynne.

How to you go about winning a Hollywood custody battle? You successfully paint the other person as "crazy", "out of control", and "a danger to themselves and others".  You plant seeds in the minds of the public, and let the media do the rest of the work. Kaplan had to just sit back and watch it all implode.

At this point I should mention the ongoing Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers divorce battle (they have both requested joint custody). There is a reason why all the “stories”, “accusations, “investigations” and “exes” suddenly started appearing earlier this year. Not at all saying they are fabricated, but Chambers legal representation are obviously doing their job, and a damn good one, at digging up the ammunition to win. That’s how Hollywood divorces are played and won. It goes down to the bone. And media and public perception is vital.

Britney was found to have had noting "wrong" with her following the first 5150 (an involuntary hold) on January 3rd 2007, and "voluntarily" discharged herself less than 48 hours later according to reports (it was actually closer to 24 hours). There was no indication that she was a danger to herself or anybody else. She had not been on illicit/illegal ***** (as some media outlets had reported, though court documents say she was taking prescription ***** at the time), nor was she diagnosed with any serous mental issues then (otherwise they would have issued a 5250 to hold her longer). Yet the damage was done. She had lost custody of her two boys. The media styled Britney and her supposed "meltdown" as "hysterical".  Just as Kaplan wanted. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

According to Lynne’s book, on Jan 3rd (the date of the first 5150), Lufti told Britney that Kevin had called that evening to say she could “keep the boys longer”. It was of course a lie so twisted it would change everything. So when Kevin’s bodyguard turned up “early” Britney was understandably devastated and panicked, locking herself and Jayden in the bathroom. Lufti's ruse had worked. According to reports it was the child monitor who called the police, yet the entire LA paparazzi set, three fire trucks, two ambulances, four helicopters and at least 6 police cars turned up at her house! Anyone would think there had been a major traffic accident. No it was just an upset Britney and her child in a bathroom. Kaplan no doubt made other calls that night, as he had also turned up too, ready to speak to the media on Britney’s “meltdown” as he likes to call it.

Britney wasn’t hysterical; she didn’t have a meltdown; she didn’t “refuse” to let her children (or one) go, as was reported by the media. She likely “protested” against what she had been told/promised. Perhaps she needed more time to say goodbye to Jayden. Did anyone even ask her?

Britney's second 5150, on January 31st 2008, appears to be “voluntary”, made at the behest of those closest to her her (team con), Lufti said at the time “she went willingly.  It was like something in her heart was telling her she should go. She knew something was wrong”. Britney reportedly had not slept for a number of days (3 at least according to Reuters). Likely Brit was being fed Red Bull by Lufti and at the same time was being drugged with amphetamines/ uppers to keep her awake, agitated and strung out (as suggested by Lynne in her book). That “something” in her heart was nothing more than caffeine palpitations, exhaustion and anxiety. Not a desire to be committed under psychiatric hold. Not a need to be framed incapacitated. She needed sleep. That’s all, as ridiculous as it sounds.

According to Lynnes book, Lufti called her on or around the evening of Jan 30th to say he had been tipped off that “someone was coming to commit Britney, again”. He never said who or when. Lynne implies that It was another lie. She interjects saying that “they can't take Brit away like that”, Lufti assures her that “yes they can”. He’s right, but only if there are grounds to do so. A lack of sleep? 

When Lynne arrives at Britney’s house in a panic, everything is eerily “normal” and Lufti was no where to be found. Immediately, Lynne suspects something fishy is going on and warns Britney to get out of the house because Sam is "going to get her committed". At that very moment Sam arrives and convinces a confused Britney (not sure who to believe at this point) he is not involved. Once again she is blindsided, and a few hours later “volunteers” to a psychiatric hold.

Britney released herself after less than a week (on January 7th), this time with “voluntary” and "temporary" conservatorship orders in place. There had been nothing “serious” found to keep her hospitalised (as long as you refrain from attempting suicide, homicide or any other documentable action - legally, there needs to be “specific and articulable” evidence of your inability to function normally to continue a hold, you’re free to sign yourself out).

And yet a bogus dementia diagnosis has been sanctioned by the judge Reva G. Gotz during this time. She was illegally declared incapacitated but there was no “proper” evaluation, and it was never specified what “exactly” was was being evaluated. This was after two of her doctors refused to sign off on Britney being incapacitated. At the same time the UCLA hospital doctors and psychiatrists had scrambled to come up with something at their end, which is why she was free to go. 

The media again styled her as “unhinged” and a “basket case”. Another win for Kaplan. And of course for Lou and Jamie. Lufti not surprisingly receives a restraining order (to me this proves he was likely working with Kaplan and not Lynne/Lou/Jamie but they could have thrown him under the bus after they finished with him).

The question still remains who "officially" sanctioned the second 5150? My bets are on Team Kaplan. Though Lou and Jamie are not far behind (though I see them more as opportunists fasting and praying for a sign, than all out plotters). But I maybe wrong. Perhaps all three worked together on this one. Whoever it was, they couldn’t have done it without Lufti. He is the key to all of it.

I think it seems pretty obvious that Britney was set up for EVERYONE, including her mother, who, at least, I want to believe, was genuinely concerned about her mental stability. However, in your narrative there are things that are ignored and softened. Britney was not well by the time the first 5150 happened, the images speak for themselves, you could tell she was in a bad state of mind. There was no logical reason for her to lock herself in the bathroom with Jayden. That is worrying and warrants at least calling the police to make sure nothing happens. If someone locks himself in the bathroom, I immediately think of bad things. In general, the things that happened in January 2008 show how unstable and sick she was. It is not logical that she would not have realized that they were drugging her, if that is true, but if she were not, she was not acting normal anyway. And regarding who made the call of the second 5150 according to the NYT was his psychiatry.