ATRL Thread: Has Ariana surpassed Britney??

Blackout2006

I can't with the irrational hate, ATRL has for Britney lmao.gif 

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/340512-has-ariana-surpassed-britney/

she's been smashing non stop from 2013-2021 and shes not slowing down

meanwhile britney only smashed from 1998-2004, my prerogative flopped and so did blackout. circus did ok but femme fatale underperformed and the rest is history. bomb after bomb

giphy.gif

discuss

I love Ariana Grande, she has for sure defined my generation but no way has she ever surpassed Britneylmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

And not him calling My Prerogative and Blackout a flop, when their sales is Ariana's highest album sales lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Ariana but a quick statistic from the world's largest database should answer that person's question.

delgLe9.png 

And this isn't including 1998-2003...literally no female artist has surpassed Britney since her musical debut in 1998 so I don't see where that user was going with that failed attempt of a thread. deadbanana4.gif 

She is the standard after all. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Super Mods

Blackout flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Circus flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: FF flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: this three albums alone outsold Ariana and got her more top 10 singles than Ariana's entire discography did :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I love me some Ariana, I'm a huge fan, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here tbh :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words: these dumb af folks trying to put down Britney just so they could make Ariana seem bigger. Pitting one woman against another is still a thing I see, and yet we see so much political correctness all over the place. It's all fake, and threads like that one goes to prove it.

ATRL is the absolute pits

It's a void of sad unsecure souls that live by proxy though their favorite popstar.

There is just nothing interesting there

They're in a endless loop since 2012, it's always the same versus threads again and again, always pitting women against each others

People on that forum try their hardest to get the last word by being the vilest most disgusting person they can be, just to get attention, they all talk the same, they all use the same slang, literal clones.

Just plain disgusting , it's everything i hate

It always makes me laugh when gays with the most mainstream generic corporate cookie-cutter music taste act like music experts (and i don't hate mainstream music, in fact i listen to a lot of mainstream pop but you know...have some self-awareness.)

These people know nothing about music

The way everyone in this thread snappedT so good nnnnnnnnn :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

48 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Most of the people there are racist, ageist stick figures twinks 

Kind of tea. They are a bunch of sad folks :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

44 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

what about battle between Breatheheavy and ATRL like in Camp Rock 2 or something :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: 

That would be so iconic ngl, I would be so down to it :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

38 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Love Ariana but a quick statistic from the world's largest database should answer that person's question.

delgLe9.png 

And this isn't including 1998-2003...literally no female artist has surpassed Britney since her musical debut in 1998 so I don't see where that user was going with that failed attempt of a thread. deadbanana4.gif 

She is the standard after all. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Not only did u snap, but u ended and destroyed them ALL with the receipts bestie, mwah :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: The way even Ariana in her peak era (2016-2019) statistics match nowhere near 2004's statistics, let alone 2007's search results lmao.gif Also, I am screaming at "failed attempt of a thread", the people in ATRL are such jokes jsjsjsj lmao.gif

31 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I wonder if they know we laugh at these threads on here. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

JSJSJSJSJSJ I doubt they even have a life outside of ATRL, let alone seeing us laugh at their clownery lmao.gif

26 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Blackout flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Circus flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: FF flopped? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: this three albums alone outsold Ariana and got her more top 10 singles than Ariana's entire discography did :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I love me some Ariana, I'm a huge fan, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here tbh :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words: these dumb af folks trying to put down Britney just so they could make Ariana seem bigger. Pitting one woman against another is still a thing I see, and yet we see so much political correctness all over the place. It's all fake, and threads like that one goes to prove it.

Heck, even Blackouts sales were higher than any Ariana Grande album, let alone freaking Circus lmao.gif The trolls in ATRL have the audacity but if only their sense functioned properly lmao.gif

Yeah Ariana is nowhere near Britney’s peak.

But regarding Blackout’s sales vs Ariana’s sales, it’s a little unfair to compare both of them since album sales plummeted like a rock in the streaming era. A better comparison would be Britney’s previous albums, which when you look at it that way Blackout did underperform.

:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: I've never understood why stanbases have to tear each others down to make their own fave look better. Ariana is great and I love her but why are these toxic stans trying to downplay Britney's success and impact nowadays. It's true that Britney's albums are "flopping" now but why does it even matter? Her legacy is far greater than any of those modern day mega succesful artists legacy will be. If anything these modern day female pop stars should be grateful for artists like Madonna, Britney, Christina, Janet, Mariah etc who had to go thru all the **** they don't have to deal with (most of them are actually, it's just their toxic stans that are acting this way). :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

14 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

But regarding Blackout’s sales vs Ariana’s sales, it’s a little unfair to compare both of them since album sales plummeted like a rock in the streaming era. A better comparison would be Britney’s previous albums, which when you look at it that way Blackout did underperform.

Yeah the  direct comparison is almost impossible to make. Ariana is the queen of the digital era so they’re successful in their own rights 

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

That is true I will give you that.

But compared to other artist records released during their downfall/decline years (MDNA, Glitter, Bionic, ARTPOP, Witness, Damita Jo, etc.), Blackout is actually one of those records that sold exceptionally well compared to them, and considering selling over 500k copies for an album in its first week internationally, that was hated and thrown apart at the time of its release is actually very good.

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: I've never understood why stanbases have to tear each others down to make their own fave look better. Ariana is great and I love her but why are these toxic stans trying to downplay Britney's success and impact nowadays. It's true that Britney's albums are "flopping" now but why does it even matter? Her legacy is far greater than any of those modern day mega succesful artists legacy will be. If anything these modern day female pop stars should be grateful for artists like Madonna, Britney, Christina, Janet, Mariah etc who had to go thru all the **** they don't have to deal with (most of them are actually, it's just their toxic stans that are acting this way). :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I so agree. Ariana is amazing, and she will die a legend, but nobody and not even her can surpass Britney. The amount of fame, acclaim, recognition, and success is comparable to those of the likes of Princess Diana and Marilyn Monroe. Nobody in this generation and not even Taylor Swift has that "celebrity appeal". 

Im not being a delusional fan but I will say this

No one will surpass britney in my opinion..its not possible 

Britney is the closest thing to Michael Jackson in my opinion.. I dont think anyone in this day and age can deserve everything they worked for in the way that britney does.. britney made herself a name from nothing in the age without Instagram and twitter.. she was already the most famous woman alive before these social platforms was invented.

Britney was EVERYWHERE and has so many adoring fans that have watched her grow as we grew ourselves , we've seen her invent mtv..we've seen her cry in public,  we've seen her not give a **** and we've seen her prove herself time and time again..

Britneys title is untouchable 

Shes the only singer to have performed with both mj and Madonna.. we live in a world now where we know britney lipsnchs (her team keep her mic ridiculously low) yet we simply don't care ..she makes people happy 

Ariana is cute yes..but for me its like ariana is 'waaay to into her looks' .. I get why people like her, she has a great voice 

But its not enough to surpass britney...

Of course there's going to be big successful artists that get their moments to shine.. but I just don't see anyone changing the music scene the way britney has and could continue to do...

Also saying britney's 'peak' (dumb word) was 1998-2004 :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: ... are you joking?? Was you living under a rock during 2007-2011 ..you know when she was the most googled.. most photographed woman .. had done 2 massively successful albums and era's 

Also vegas was usually the place where singer's settle .. if anything it made britney better and more confident 

Her next album b10 is now highly anticipated.. 

So no I don't think ariana or anyone else will surpass britney..literally ANYONE can get a grammy these days

Can someone answer this person that commented that „ariana collabed with a legend last year and Britney only collabed with will.i.am“ what a delusion person he/she is and that britney is the only artist that collabed with Madonna and Michael Jackson, thank you. 

Archived