We’ve had this discussion before

TakeYourHand

BUTTT Blackout is the only album that I’d ever want a 2.0 of. The album is just that good. I’m pretty sure it’s my favorite album of all time. If you’re not a Blackout fan then this thread isn’t for you.
However I find it interesting that Gaga had to make it such a statement that she was going back to her dance roots with Chromatica. She was able to make change and try new things and do different genres but at the end of the day everyone seemed more excited for dance Gaga back and that’s what they got and she did it really good.
Why can’t Britney do an album that she thrived at again? Of course I want her to artistically grow and sing about what matters most at the time but she can still do that lyrically with a modern take on Blackout’s production which is honestly that albums biggest weakness.
What makes Blackout her most Personal album for me and how I connected to it most is the raw production and emotion through the way she sings the lyrics regardless if it’s all about partying. The Production is just a bonus.
I also think it’s important to note that it looked like she was going for a Blackout 2.0 at one point in time.
Id love if she was able to record through this mess as it’s slightly reminiscent of 2007 and release the tracks later when her life is in a better place.

Thoughts?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant pretend that Blackout has my FAVORITE production because I feel like Britney always set the standard for industry production...up until Glory. The album as a whole i really like but maybe fore different reasons. I liked her voice with a more urban sound. I'd like to hear how that comes together in the current era of music. On top of that I feel like we need SOMEBODY to give us some Club Bangers again. I wasnt much of a Chromatica fan. Gagas music always seems like its trying to PUSH something on the audience versus just being about being ****, having fun, dancing....thats my interpretation tho 

Archived