On 4/4/2021 at 1:50 AM, anthony7226 said:

Y’all ... he had some of the vilest, most homophobic lyrics. Not for a second do I feel bad. Nope.  

Rip 🪦 to DMX and all but I just wanna analyse these lyrics. Have mercy cuz my native language is not English.

1: So cat is a slang for a ****? And DMX calls himself the dog like so many other rappers. But dogs have masters, are dependent on their owners while cats are way more independent and only seek comfort and food from the owners; so who is the most submissive animal really? Dogs. 

2: is he talking about shooting during the empty/reloaded part? 

3: gangsters with their pants pulled down, showing their boxers, is actually a signal for others to know that they can be humped in the bum for hierarchical reasons in prison at least. I doubt he blatantly avoids all those people whether those ppl are all aware of it or not, it’s still the **** origin behind the “fashion move”.

4: what is the Kool-Aid metaphor for? I don’t get it. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drug addiction is a disease 

Dont worry everyone. Demi is ok. Thats all that matters.

This ain't it sis 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

1: So cat is a slang for a ****? And DMX calls himself the dog like so many other rappers. But dogs have masters, are dependent on their owners while cats are way more independent and only seek comfort and food from the owners; so who is the most submissive animal really? Dogs. 

** Cats has been a slang term in hip hop for decades. It isn't really a bad term though. Just usually refers to a person. Male and female rappers use it.

2: is he talking about shooting during the empty/reloaded part? 

** Yes. He is talking about loading and unloading his clip into a person. 

3: gangsters with their pants pulled down, showing their boxers, is actually a signal for others to know that they can be humped in the bum for hierarchical reasons in prison at least. I doubt he blatantly avoids all those people whether those ppl are all aware of it or not, it’s still the **** origin behind the “fashion move”.

** I've read that the origin of sagging pants was what you mentioned. But obviously in hip hop culture it took on its own style.

4: what is the Kool-Aid metaphor for? I don’t get it. 

** In the absence of make-up, people use kool-aid to stain their lips like lipstick.

1 hour ago, anthony7226 said:

Thanks so much for the clarification 😊. So he is literally talking about shooting *******uals :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:.

Don’t get why you would apply kool aid on your pumps tho, they are female shoes in this context right? 

It’s kind of “funny” he expresses his dislike for *******uals and still he collaborated with Marilyn Manson who I know is not gay but he did look super gay back in those days. Think it was 1998Marilyn Manson GIF by Database數據.

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Thanks so much for the clarification 😊. So he is literally talking about shooting *******uals :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:.

Don’t get why you would apply kool aid on your pumps tho, they are female shoes in this context right? 

It’s kind of “funny” he expresses his dislike for *******uals and still he collaborated with Marilyn Manson who I know is not gay but he did look super gay back in those days. Think it was 1998Marilyn Manson GIF by Database數據.

Of course, happy to explain! I grew up listening to rap and hip hop so a lot of the slang terms and culture I understand, and I also understand a lot of what they say and do is all just culture. But talking about emptying clips of bullets into people isn't culture. That's violence. That's hatred.

Back to the kool-aid thing ... he isn't talking about men putting it on their pumps (high heels). He's talking about guys that put kool-aid on their lips and wear pumps. So, basically men in drag. Just more homophobia from him. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Like 1

Whether he was an homophobe or not, I think times have changed considerably since the lyrics posted here, and maybe he grew out of some of that hatred like many other people did.

I only know of his song with Aaliyah and some clips of interviews I found here and there, but to me it seemed like a nice man that has gone through so much. The way he's died is incredibly tragic plus the people he's left behind... Just so sad, I hope he's found peace now. R.I.P. https://universe.absolutebritney.com/uploads/emoticons/default_4.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

Of course, happy to explain! I grew up listening to rap and hip hop so a lot of the slang terms and culture I understand, and I also understand a lot of what they say and do is all just culture. But talking about emptying clips of bullets into people isn't culture. That's violence. That's hatred.

Back to the kool-aid thing ... he isn't talking about men putting it on their pumps (high heels). He's talking about guys that put kool-aid on their lips and wear pumps. So, basically men in drag. Just more homophobia from him. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

I agree, he's poeticizing actual hate crime to his fans with that, imo. 

I really dislike people idealizing/glorifying hatred. Even P!nks Revenge song i think is just wrong. And the hypocrisy on top of it all with DMX's The Omen sharon osbourne GIF.

Manson has been in drag a lot of times around the time they collaborated. In the Long Hard Road Out Of Hell video, and the again on Mechanical Animals, probably more times as well.  

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 12:22 PM, IconicShow said:

Not everyone on this forum is gay and it’s pathetic to drag someone near death! Say what you want if that’s the case then you must hate most of the industry and world cause unfortunately most are still homophobic! It sucks people are  homophobic!

You don't have to be gay to denounce homophobia or be against it. Shame on you  

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Pbloem19 said:

Wow didn’t know he was a raging homophobe. Okay then. I have to admit it is now kind of hard to feel sorry for him. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

He was also busted for dog fighting, which is sad...

2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Whether he was an homophobe or not, I think times have changed considerably since the lyrics posted here, and maybe he grew out of some of that hatred like many other people did.

I only know of his song with Aaliyah and some clips of interviews I found here and there, but to me it seemed like a nice man that has gone through so much. The way he's died is incredibly tragic plus the people he's left behind... Just so sad, I hope he's found peace now. R.I.P. https://universe.absolutebritney.com/uploads/emoticons/default_4.gif

Amen to that great comment I agree

• Love 2

All of these hateful & rude comments about someone dying/dead is in such poor taste. I don’t care the reasoning behind.

ANYWAY

LET’S BRING UP SOME POSITIVITY

DMX with a computer for the first time. “Google - just get a regular word!” & (I know how to use a computer) but he’s got some objective points of view & I love it. 

• Community Curators

So all the comments on this thread from the gays saying they don’t care because he was homophobic but yet 90% of the comments on the other prince Phillip thread are like “rip prince Phillip, blah blah” even though he was a notorious racist? 
hmm

:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

anyways sorry to the families but don’t care about both of them 

• Like 2