This Day in Pop: 'I am the Femme Fatale' airs on MTV in 2011 (April 03)

3 hours ago, ivobb said:

The difference between 2010 and 2011 will forever haunt me. What in the hell happened for her face, eyes and expression to look like that. 
I always thought maybe she did some procedure and it didn’t work out to well? But I really can’t tell what what happened there besides heavy medication 

I think whatever medication it was made her bloated. I don't think she got any work done until Glory era.

1 hour ago, Korb said:

but also because Sway asked her about the future of her career and she responded with "...maybe just do nothing".:selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

She was trying to speak out & tell us... :(

On 4/3/2021 at 11:02 AM, ivobb said:

The difference between 2010 and 2011 will forever haunt me. What in the hell happened for her face, eyes and expression to look like that. 
I always thought maybe she did some procedure and it didn’t work out to well? But I really can’t tell what what happened there besides heavy medication 

7 hours ago, ivobb said:

SAME.. I can always tell when a pic of her was taken because of how different she looked during these years 

16 hours ago, johnnyswanda said:

Yes, definitely you could see huge difference in both physical appearance and the way she was talking compared to the Circus era where she was completely “normal”, for example in the  For the record documentary of making of the Circus video or Candies photo shoot etc, she was “there” in her eyes and behaved like the Britney we knew, maybe broken and not happy with the situation she was in, but it was her. I think that she was like ,,Ok I’ll do everything you want me to” and the conservatorship is gonna be over after one year (as she was promised), but then they made it indefinite and I think huge amount of medication was applied to “calm her” so she wouldn’t  fight  against it and they could milk her on and on cause they realized it’s such a good business model :/ so yeah you could definitely see throughout the whole FF era that she was very off :( Even though I was happy about the new album and tour and everything, now that I know everything we all know it makes me really sad looking back... Must have been so hard for her. 

I wanted my friend to watch FTR as she is so invested in the Free Britney movement (even though she never really cared about her before). She thought that Britney looked so sad and unhappy with her own career, especially when she arrived at the VMAs with Brett. She said that Britney was going through the motion. 

Watching it made us realised how much Britney sounded sane, eloquent and rational in late 2008. There was absolutely no reason for this woman to be put in a cship :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, SomoneElseButMay said:

SAME.. I can always tell when a pic of her was taken because of how different she looked during these years 

Personally I can tell which year any photo of Brit is from, but Femme Fatale was the debut of over-medicated Britney. They’d always call her a robot and **** back in the day, I remember got banned from B..M...K for saying her eyes were dead. Every performance, interview, & look all supported the fact that something was very wrong. I feel like the promo for the 2011 VMAS & all the UK promo for Criminal were the only real enjoyable moments where she seemed like herself. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Personally I can tell which year any photo of Brit is from, but Femme Fatale was the debut of over-medicated Britney. They’d always call her a robot and **** back in the day, I remember got banned from B..M...K for saying her eyes were dead. Every performance, interview, & look all supported the fact that something was very wrong. I feel like the promo for the 2011 VMAS & all the UK promo for Criminal were the only real enjoyable moments where she seemed like herself. 

saying she would be "performing for the first time ever" on GMA didn't help against the robot theories

• Like 1

I remember this YouTuber that interviewed her on the X Factor, she said that her team told her that Britney was taking a nap, right after the show in the dressing room. My guess is, they made her so medicated that she was just sleepy and tired as HELL and not even present all the way. I don’t even know how she could function and do choreographies (even in the choreographies she had lost fluidity and rhythm out of the sudden) 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ivobb said:

I remember this YouTuber that interviewed her on the X Factor, she said that her team told her that Britney was taking a nap, right after the show in the dressing room. My guess is, they made her so medicated that she was just sleepy and tired as HELL and not even present all the way. I don’t even know how she could function and do choreographies (even in the choreographies she had lost fluidity and rhythm out of the sudden) 

yet there are a ton of videos of Britney talking backstage during the X Factor, so that story sounded more like she didn't want to talk to them at the time

6 hours ago, J in the Mix said:

I don't think she got any work done until Glory era.

Babe, we have pictures of Britney getting her lips done in 2007 :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: Not to mention the breast implants and the nose job in the 90s, the fillers in 2011, the nose job and the eye lift in 2013, the smile lift in 2015 etc.

• Like 2

It was a very weird era. I remember waking up so excited for the GMA performance (in spite of the infamous announcement) and sitting and watching like honestly thinking this was far worse than her infamous VMA performance. Her eyes looked so small and her physical and spiritual energy just seemed totally off. And that...doll stand they loaded her to the stage on was just a weird bizarre symbol of her seemingly having to be literally "loaded" on to the stage and doing the least once she got there.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, J in the Mix said:

I think whatever medication it was made her bloated. I don't think she got any work done until Glory era.

She was trying to speak out & tell us... :(

She definitely had been messing around with her nose in 2013 - it was totally thinned. I noticed it initially in Shape magazine.

I left for US Navy boot camp the day before Femme Fatale dropped, and I was So Pissed because I was missing buying the CD on its release date but also because of all the tv and music specials like this one! I had it pre-set to record on my parent’s DVR, and I was so happy that my dad kept it, he was always deleting stuff so our record limit didn’t get too full. I watched it when I got back and it was a fun little special, kinda wished it was longer though. I didn’t expect it to be another FTR, but it’s lacking a bit, and Britney seemed even more uncomfortable. I dunno, the FF eta just has this aura of super eeriness to it..

16 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It was a very weird era. I remember waking up so excited for the GMA performance (in spite of the infamous announcement) and sitting and watching like honestly thinking this was far worse than her infamous VMA performance. Her eyes looked so small and her physical and spiritual energy just seemed totally off. And that...doll stand they loaded her to the stage on was just a weird bizarre symbol of her seemingly having to be literally "loaded" on to the stage and doing the least once she got there.

It does seem like she was quite literally pushed out on stage

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

She sounded so depressed and looked like a discount, aged clone version of herself. I was so shocked and sad when watching this back then :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:.
True Britney ended after 🎪.

Real Britney has hopefully been living nice somewhere in Alaska or Mexico for a decade now :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Obviously there are elements of The 'old Britney' during her Glory era in 2016 but the process to get there with Femme Fatale and Britney Jean eras are problematic.

And above all, all these eras continuing under a conservatorship is most problematic. 

Her drastic changes after Circus is what puts a stain on Femme Fatale.

But now that she has  completed her four year residency, it should be up to her to do other shows,  but  without being in a conservatorship