Page Six: Britney Spears’ camp insists the star is in charge of her social media

Britney Spears’ camp is adamant the pop star is in charge of her own social media posts, and tells us she isn’t speaking with former makeup artist Billy Brasfield — who has joined a chorus claiming Spears’ latest Instagram post was not written by her.

This week, Spears posted that she was “embarrassed,” by the New York Times’ “Framing Britney Spears” documentary and “cried for two weeks.” But fans speculated that the post wasn’t entirely written by the “Toxic” singer.

Her former makeup artist, Brasfield — who has also worked with Mariah Carey, Beyoncé and Christina Aguilera — claimed to Page Six on Wednesday that he personally spoke to Spears, and that she told him she had no control over the caption.

But a representative for Spears told us that the star said of Brasfield’s claims, “I don’t speak to Billy, I don’t know who he is speaking with. It’s not me. I haven’t talked to him in years.”

The rep told us that Spears reiterated: “I write my own posts, I don’t know why he is saying that.”

Brasfield — who worked with Spears on “The X Factor” in 2012 through her 2013 video “Scream and Shout” — had told Page Six of the post, “I immediately knew it was not her,” alleging, “I texted her about it and she texted me back last night.”

But Brasfield is not backing down and continues to allege he is talking to Spears. “I am not going to say that this person [her rep] is lying, it’s just that they don’t know,” he told us. “I am in touch with Britney Spears.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/02/britney-spears-camp-insists-the-star-is-in-charge-of-social-media/

You guys are so annoying and contradictory. For the millionth time, Britney wrote that caption and sent it over to Cassie to post. Get over it. Yes, Britney was embarrassed by some of the paparazzi footage as any normal human being would which is why I never appreciated that the docu focused so much on the head shaving incident. Again, just because it doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it isn’t true. 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

You guys are so annoying and contradictory. For the millionth time, Britney wrote that caption and sent it over to Cassie to post. Get over it. Yes, Britney was embarrassed by some of the paparazzi footage as any normal human being would which is why I never appreciated that the docu focused so much on the head shaving incident. Again, just because it doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it isn’t true. 

:surejan: Lmao ok keep dreamin.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Britneylandia said:

No one believes Britney’s team and no one believes Billy B either lol. Britney isn’t in control of anything in her life and she hasn’t talked with Billy B since 1932. THE END.

Although the convservatorship probably should have never been put in place, they pretty much screwed it up things for Britney themselves after her Circus era comeback...meaning during her Femme Fatale era.

They cannot expect her fans to be supporting her but then not give an explanation to her increased medicated appearance but then keep putting her on stage.  She was also sold as a dancer/entertainer during her prime; but they can't (have her) explain why her skills have deteriorated (age, injuries...)

They have to know ( Larry Rudolph) that they helped make her so famous that she can never be left alone until she truly leaves the spotlight/industry.

• Like 1