Jump to content

Do you believe it's her? Britney Spears says she's embarrassed by the New York Times documentary (NEW VIDEO)


Recommended Posts

I’m over all of this. I’m tired of all these opinions and not facts. Until Britney speaks from her own mouth I’m just going to just buckle up and see what the next year brings. Half of the Britney fanbase are far too toxic and speak on emotion. It’s just exhausting being where we are at after being a fan for 20 plus years. 

  • Love 9
Link to post
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wish she said this in a video and it wasn't just a caption - it would have prevented all this but I understand that if she wrote what she did it may be hard to actually say it out loud and be v

I still don't know who wrote it but I wouldn't be surprised if she was embarrassed. I don't know why this is such a big deal.  There's a lot of footage from her wild days, that must be embarrassi

No, sorry, don't believe it. It doesn't make any sense for her to post that lengthy caption out of the blue over a month after the doc aired, under a completely unrelated video. The message about her

Posted Images

100% agree with you Jord.  Do we think her team forces her to record these weird dance videos and then slaps captions on them, without her seeing them? We've seen her recording the videos on Sams IG and she's even done videos saying she's fine, and one essentially telling us to back off her family. Also you don't think Sam would have exposed already if these captions were not written by her? We know he's not afraid to talk.

I don't think these individuals are blatantly posting captions to discredit Britney or make her look crazy etc without her knowledge... ask yourself just how feasible that is.... i think they are smarter than that and the issue is buried much deeper and not as obvious as this.

I absolutely do not agree with the extent of the conservatorship and i do think that maybe Britney herself doesn't fully comprehend the extent of it because she's been a part of it for so long... which is why she maybe hasn't spoken on it or even may be afraid to leave it for many reasons... and i personally feel THIS is where the issue lies - that tactics have been used on her to make her feel like she NEEDS this control while individuals profit from her. This is where the issue lies for me... and this is why i will to continue support this movement until she officially gives us reason to do otherwise.

But these videos and captions are her and we need to accept that - and help the movement in other ways.

  • Love 3
Link to post
11 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I’m over all of this. I’m tired of all these opinions and not facts. Until Britney speaks from her own mouth I’m just going to just buckle up and see what the next year brings. Half of the Britney fanbase are far too toxic and speak on emotion. It’s just exhausting being where we are at after being a fan for 20 plus years. 

That's the way to be 

  • Like 1
Link to post

this is exhausting, we don't know **** because of the walls they have built around her, the media treatment is the only thing i can connect to that caption about her being embarrassed but then to contradict herself saying she didn't watch it? Surely she's got more sense than that.

Will she ever get to speak her truth and confirm the captions/pictures & posts are her own? Who knows..

It's hard to keep positive and remain on target for someone else's life when we're probably all mentally drained from the past year and a half, long term issues included.. 

Does anyone else feel like it's difficult to follow this some days & then there's a glimmer of hope every now and then?:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

 

Link to post

We simply don't know. Personally I don't believe she wrote it.

But we are discussing this because for the past decade there has been a lack of direct communication with her, and a lack of honesty from part of her team. So it's natural to question the content they are giving us, specially when it comes out at the same time as the court documents talking about the money they are taking away from her, a topic that got easily buried with all this mess.

We aren't silencing her. We would love to hear her talking about it, but without her team's intervention, which sadly doesn't seem possible now.

  • Love 5
Link to post

 

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

 

Hey Exhale, this topic has been on my mind and heart for the last few days.

It's so polarizing because it appears the majority of Britney fans believe she did not write her recent caption claiming she saw some of the Framing Britney Spears documentary, and that it was embarrassing and caused her to cry.

It sucks to hear because if she really did write that, it kind of casts a shadow on the movement.

I'm proceeding with caution because this is an emotionally charged topic. However, it's my opinion that she wrote this particular caption (which honestly is a bummer because the doc was really compelling and important; the general public needed to be reminded of what has gone down).

In my new video, I explain both sides - those who believe she didn't write it and those who believe she did.  I do think if we completely refuse to believe she wrote this, then we're guilty of what we claim the conservatorship team does: silences her. At the very least, it's worth exploring and having a dialogue.

It's all a very dizzying subject, as is everything in the Free Britney movement, but I'd like for you to watch this with an open mind. Please of course share your thoughts, but I just ask you do it in a respectful and kind way and I promise to do the same. 

I could very well be wrong and she had nothing to do with that caption and has no idea it was posted on her IG. I, like everyone, am also under this haze of information, speculation, court documents and love for this pop star we grew up idolizing. 

Looking forward to hearing what you think. 🙏 britneys-voice.jpg.dafbc5c54f039ba0697746cb84b2a7a3.jpg

 

Related:

 

Even logical common sense says that if you are not incapacitated and have to ask for permission for everyday things, you are certainly not allowed to write your own contributions for half the world.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Martian_M00d said:

That's still doesn't equate to "ope mental illness" You know how many memes and posts I see from boomer relatives or 40 something yr old suburman moms posting terrible graphics and images with poor placed emojis? They must all have mental illnesses 

Please don't do that, get in the context here, we are talking about Britney

Link to post
Just now, reVolution said:

Please don't do that, get in the context here, we are talking about Britney

That is context. Britney is approaching 40, and the claim here is these posts surely must mean the individual is mentally ill if they keep posting this kind of stuff. I'm bringing in other examples of people who post dumb **** as a way of saying that does not necessarily equate to illness. Like people have said before, it's all speculation; I don't know and you don't know. Until we actually know what's going on with her, I wouldn't point to posting behavior as evidence of any illness. 

Link to post
Just now, Martian_M00d said:

That is context. Britney is approaching 40, and the claim here is these posts surely must mean the individual is mentally ill if they keep posting this kind of stuff. I'm bringing in other examples of people who post dumb **** as a way of saying that does not necessarily equate to illness. Like people have said before, it's all speculation; I don't know and you don't know. Until we actually know what's going on with her, I wouldn't point to posting behavior as evidence of any illness. 

Sadly she was placed on a rehab facility for about a month, likely against her will, so it changes the way the GP sees this, trust me I wanna believe that she is sane and ok, that is my biggest wish

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, reVolution said:

Sadly she was placed on a rehab facility for about a month, likely against her will, so it changes the way the GP sees this, trust me I wanna believe that she is sane and ok, that is my biggest wish

I'm totally on board with that, and the rehab story was sad to hear. It's the ****ty thing with the whole situation; We just get drip fed bits of info here and there. Then people just try to connect dots where there might not necessarily be any pattern. And the frustration builds because Britney doesn't come out and say anything concrete herself in a video that can ease the tension. But ongoing court proceedings and advice from the lawyer might prevent her from commenting on the situation. 

It's like the blind leading the blind around here :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

People are getting super stressed over scenarios they create in their heads, and that's definitely not healthy. I think the most logical course of action is continuing the protests outside the courthouse, support Britney with positive energy, and see what journalists and court documents uncover. We can't really do much else. :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

  • Like 1
Link to post

I think the only way she would have negative feelings about it would be if she, indeed, didn't watch the documentary. When the "super bowl" video was posted, I said the same, we all agreed that she was referring to the documentary, but unlike the others, I did feel like instead of praising it, she was shading it, because of her sarcastic tone. It did make sense to me, because she sounded more upset and unimpressed with it, and it kinda matched the idea that she would feel like that if she didn't watch it.

But this post doesn't make any sense, because here "she" is not implying to be upset, but embarrassed and sad, crying for TWO WEEKS about a documentary she didn't even watch. I can't think of any of the trailers or the bits that made the headlines the following days, that could make her cry for two weeks, unless it's the part of Vivian Thoreen saying no one has ever come out of a conservatorship.

I think there are more points that lead us to believe this didn't come from her:

  • The timing of the post: right when the documents leaked, and after another video of her dancing had already been posted minutes before and didn't have any similar caption
  • Long caption not matching the video, a la "All is well" post
  • Crying for two weeks over something she didn't even watch
  • And going further with the previous point, whichever two weeks were those, if we can't count her posts because they're mostly old pictures and videos, we've seen her on Sam's Instagram looking fine. Also why wait all this time instead of expressing her feelings when the documentary was being talked about. Why precisely when the documents leaked, and as someone said on the other thread, why bringing it back when no one is even talking about the documentary anymore?
  • Love 6

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post
  • Community Leader
2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Let's say she did write those words. I would have to say Britney is in denial then. Thera are a multitude of healthier ways to manage your own self-care and personal decisions that don't involve stripping your own personal lawful rights and being surrounded by people that clearly do not have your best intentions at heart. If you say you respect and love yourself, then I personally feel you wouldn't put yourself in a position where you appear to lack the self-agency to act in accordance to your own true free will. I can't see it as empowerment unfortunately otherwise Britney. If you feel you are being shown in the light of a victim, well ... I'm just being honest, you haven't made a clear stance so far otherwise other than what you are pushing your legal team to do. Therefore, your words are contradicting your actions in my opinion. Again, there is a lack of congruity here and I'm inclined to believe this wasn't Britney's words. Actions speak louder. 

I do agree and think this is where things get dicey. We all want her to clarify one way or the other, but it's likely she feels she doesn't owe anyone an explanation. And round and round we go =/ 

  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
  • Community Leader
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I just wish she said this in a video and it wasn't just a caption - it would have prevented all this but I understand that if she wrote what she did it may be hard to actually say it out loud and be vulnerable on camera.

However, saying this I do not believe she wrote the caption and disagree with your opinion Jordan. However, I do respect your opinion and understand some of the points that you have made.

There are so many inconsistencies - she said she didn't watch it but then says she watched parts? It doesn't make sense. The documentary did nothing but paint her in such a positive light and it brought SO many new people to the Free Britney movement. If it was her who wrote the caption, I do think it was pretty dumb of her (I do not believe she wrote it), as she can't really make a statement saying the documentary painted her in a certain light if she didn't watch it all. 

Also her caption makes her sound SO vulnerable and fragile, she's fighting for more freedom but yet she keeps posting how much she's crying over watching short clips? C'mon, that just screams bull**** to me. Also if Britney was so 'upset' I doubt her mom would be seen hanging out with Fe afterwards. Fe would NOT have been involved in the documentary if she did not have Britney and/or Lynne's blessing. I think you need to remember Sam was liking posts about the documentary and thanked fans for the support on MULTIPLE occasions. Also let's not forget the Superbowl video that was conveniently deleted before this post came out.

Furthermore, why post now when things have calmed down? There was literally no need - it was only done to cover up the Court documents showing the extortionate amount of money Jamie & Co are taking off of Britney.

'Britney' also wrote the caption that she was cancelling Domination due to her dad and his ill health - that clearly was NOT the case.

Also we had recent court documents that clearly stated Jamie and Co do assist with her social media to 'protect her brand'.

If she says this in a video, i'd completely respect that is how she felt but in her most 'personal' posts they are always captions and never videos of her actually saying how she feels.

This is a woman who has to have permission to buy a cup of coffee, yet she's allowed freely to post what she wants? No, just no.

I used to say she's the one posting 100% but this post was just something else.

Britney welcomes the informed support of fans, so I do not appreciate comments saying WE, the ones supporting her are 'silencing' her. WE are the voices for people suffering abuse and helping make changes.

The only people silencing her are the people behind the conservatorship.

I personally don't think it was the best idea to post this sort of video portraying Britney as some fragile/vulnerable woman on your platform as that really does not help Britney in any sense. You may believe she did post it, which is fine but then saying it in video form and posting on a large platform i'm kind of icky with. Your opinion can influence people.

You could be right and she could have wrote the caption, but we all know with anything around Britney you just never know. Everything around her is SO controlled yet we're supposed to believe she can freely talk about that? The woman can't even choose who she can see, she can't drive a car, she has to have purchases approved, her day to day life is managed - yet she's cool to make big statements like that. Her team were clearly not happy with the documentary and then suddenly they have 'Britney's' narrative that she also was 'unhappy' about it. Nothing but good things came out of that documentary and you cannot convince me otherwise.

You might say she hated things being brought up again, but let's be real she's in a conservatorship she gets a daily reminder of what 'she's done' to be in that situation. Her shaving her head is still spoken about, many documentaries have been made about her, a bipoic. You'd think the cringeworthy biopic would be something that would upset her more than a documentary that supports her.

We can ONLY trust what comes out of her mouth and what is said in court documents.

Really appreciate how thoughtful you laid out your thoughts despite having an opposing view from me. This is a great example of how to lead with kindness. Thanks Slayer.

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
  • Community Leader
2 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

100% agree with you Jord.  Do we think her team forces her to record these weird dance videos and then slaps captions on them, without her seeing them? We've seen her recording the videos on Sams IG and she's even done videos saying she's fine, and one essentially telling us to back off her family. Also you don't think Sam would have exposed already if these captions were not written by her? We know he's not afraid to talk.

I don't think these individuals are blatantly posting captions to discredit Britney or make her look crazy etc without her knowledge... ask yourself just how feasible that is.... i think they are smarter than that and the issue is buried much deeper and not as obvious as this.

I absolutely do not agree with the extent of the conservatorship and i do think that maybe Britney herself doesn't fully comprehend the extent of it because she's been a part of it for so long... which is why she maybe hasn't spoken on it or even may be afraid to leave it for many reasons... and i personally feel THIS is where the issue lies - that tactics have been used on her to make her feel like she NEEDS this control while individuals profit from her. This is where the issue lies for me... and this is why i will to continue support this movement until she officially gives us reason to do otherwise.

But these videos and captions are her and we need to accept that - and help the movement in other ways.

Appreciate your comment a lot. 🙏 We share a lot of the same sentiment. 

  • Love 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
  • Community Leader
43 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the only way she would have negative feelings about it would be if she, indeed, didn't watch the documentary. When the "super bowl" video was posted, I said the same, we all agreed that she was referring to the documentary, but unlike the others, I did feel like instead of praising it, she was shading it, because of her sarcastic tone. It did make sense to me, because she sounded more upset and unimpressed with it, and it kinda matched the idea that she would feel like that if she didn't watch it.

But this post doesn't make any sense, because here "she" is not implying to be upset, but embarrassed and sad, crying for TWO WEEKS about a documentary she didn't even watch. I can't think of any of the trailers or the bits that made the headlines the following days, that could make her cry for two weeks, unless it's the part of Vivian Thoreen saying no one has ever come out of a conservatorship.

I think there are more points that lead us to believe this didn't come from her:

  • The timing of the post: right when the documents leaked, and after another video of her dancing had already been posted minutes before and didn't have any similar caption
  • Long caption not matching the video, a la "All is well" post
  • Crying for two weeks over something she didn't even watch
  • And going further with the previous point, whichever two weeks were those, if we can't count her posts because they're mostly old pictures and videos, we've seen her on Sam's Instagram looking fine. Also why wait all this time instead of expressing her feelings when the documentary was being talked about. Why precisely when the documents leaked, and as someone said on the other thread, why bringing it back when no one is even talking about the documentary anymore?

Ahh I do recall us having the same unpopular opinion at the time - that we thought she was being a bit sarcastic with that SB post. 

All the points you listed out are very sus and are def valid reasons as to why this may have not come from her.

The only thing I disagree with is crying for two weeks. Namely because if it's bringing up trauma / traumatic experiences from her past, then that would make sense to me why she had a severe emotional response. The doc, though very compelling, did zone in on some of her darkest hours. 

Always a pleasure to hear from you @PokemonSpears 🙏 

  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
  • Community Leader
2 hours ago, PZHSB said:

I’m over all of this. I’m tired of all these opinions and not facts. Until Britney speaks from her own mouth I’m just going to just buckle up and see what the next year brings. Half of the Britney fanbase are far too toxic and speak on emotion. It’s just exhausting being where we are at after being a fan for 20 plus years. 

I'd love for Britney to write a letter explaining her thoughts, then taking a photo with that letter. 

  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
4 hours ago, whoisit said:

Why do i have the feeling you put this out for damage control so you can get exclusives from team james parnell spears again?

People like you are so annoying and don’t deserve to be here. **** off you clown. Learn to have a civil conversation before jumping the gun. 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post

Why wouldn’t she be embarrassed though? Her kids are at the age where they can see first hand what their mother was doing while They were just babies. Imagine how horrible that must feel for her. I understand the documentary was in her defense but that still has to be triggering for someone who went through what she did. 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block