Do you believe it's her? Britney Spears says she's embarrassed by the New York Times documentary (NEW VIDEO)

• Leader

Hey Exhale, this topic has been on my mind and heart for the last few days.

It's so polarizing because it appears the majority of Britney fans believe she did not write her recent caption claiming she saw some of the Framing Britney Spears documentary, and that it was embarrassing and caused her to cry.

It sucks to hear because if she really did write that, it kind of casts a shadow on the movement.

I'm proceeding with caution because this is an emotionally charged topic. However, it's my opinion that she wrote this particular caption (which honestly is a bummer because the doc was really compelling and important; the general public needed to be reminded of what has gone down).

In my new video, I explain both sides - those who believe she didn't write it and those who believe she did.  I do think if we completely refuse to believe she wrote this, then we're guilty of what we claim the conservatorship team does: silences her. At the very least, it's worth exploring and having a dialogue.

It's all a very dizzying subject, as is everything in the Free Britney movement, but I'd like for you to watch this with an open mind. Please of course share your thoughts, but I just ask you do it in a respectful and kind way and I promise to do the same. 

I could very well be wrong and she had nothing to do with that caption and has no idea it was posted on her IG. I, like everyone, am also under this haze of information, speculation, court documents and love for this pop star we grew up idolizing. 

Looking forward to hearing what you think. 🙏 britneys-voice.jpg.dafbc5c54f039ba0697746cb84b2a7a3.jpg

Related:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I also want to add that I find it pretty odd that so many folks are taking a stance on whether the comment was written by her or not. Both sides have very compelling points but why can't we just admit the truth: We don't know. Right now, there's no possible way for us to know for sure whether she wrote it or not, so why bother arguing either way. I for one, think it's ok to just take the caption at face value and sit with the fact that this is simply an unresolved matter. I don't think it's helpful to take sides or deride those that disagree with your own unfounded opinion, no matter which side of the fence you're on. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, reVolution said:

So you are basically saying she is mentally unfit, cause those captions/videos dont make sense, do you know something that we dont???

I don't think that's what he's saying or implying, I think he has a good point regarding the all or nothing mentality we've adopted about her instagram. I also didn't want to believe she wrote the caption cause the documentary put her in a very positive light, but if for some reason she did, fans shouldn't silence her. It is her trauma and we cannot assume how she would react. With that said, team con is shady and I wouldn't be surprised if they straight up wrote this without her approval. We simply don't know. 

I still fully believe she supports the FreeBritney movement, and this caption, whether she wrote it or not, should not take away from the movement. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Universal said:

I don't think that's what he's saying or implying, I think he has a good point regarding the all or nothing mentality we've adopted about her instagram. I also didn't want to believe she wrote the caption cause the documentary put her in a very positive light, but if for some reason she did, fans shouldn't silence her. It is her trauma and we cannot assume how she would react. With that said, team con is shady and I wouldn't be surprised if they straight up wrote this without her approval. We simply don't know. 

I still fully believe she supports the FreeBritney movement, and this caption, whether she wrote it or not, should not take away from the movement. 

But he is saying that for a while now he believes... she has been controlling her social media.

And just not sugar coating it anymore, Britneys latest post have been "Off" lets just say that, yeah I get she may have her own sense of humor and whatever.

But what is the need?, she is not currently working, she doesn't need to be "out there", and the majority of her post are just odd, random, don't make sense...

• Love 3
  • Like 1
Just now, Jordan Miller said:

That is NOT what I am saying at all :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Not directly, but the repercussion to what you are saying, is that all of those random posts are coming from her.

I just feel like they should just be transparent, if she does have an issue, get her help, don't exploit her, don't let her ridicule herself in front of the world.

• Love 5

The part that gets me is her saying she is embarassed by the MEDIA and that she’s always felt judged and insulted by them... which is fair and the truth but NO MENTION of the fact that Team Con got rid of her lawyer, committed her into an institution against her will, or that she is in a literal prison working like a slave for her handlers. 

That, to me, is far more embarassing. It doesn’t make sense. If Sam Asghari was FOR the documentary then he must have watched it and at least shown Britney? She should have been able to see a lot of it or at least skim it. It just does not make sense. Especially when Fe had (I’m assuming) Brit’s or Lynne’s blessing to appear in it. 

It’s not consistent with the message Britney and her lawyer have put out. It’s not consistent with how Britney behaved right after, even joking about *the thing we have all been waiting for = the SUPERBOWL! * the weekend the doc came out? It’s all fishy, inconsistent, and I wish Britney would just speak out already.

Also, her team CONTINUES to erase comments on her page which only solidifies my concerns.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I also want to add that I find it pretty odd that so many folks are taking a stance on whether the comment was written by her or not. Both sides have very compelling points but why can't we just admit the truth: We don't know. Right now, there's no possible way for us to know for sure whether she wrote it or not, so why bother arguing either way. I for one, think it's ok to just take the caption at face value and sit with the fact that this is simply an unresolved matter. I don't think it's helpful to take sides or deride those that disagree with your own unfounded opinion, no matter which side of the fence you're on. 

This.

Jordan is allowed to have an opinion, much like anybody else on this forum.

• Like 2

If she writes a post commenting on the documentary why not post a video about it (where she actually talks about it) ??? Maybe they're afraid we're gonna see the truth in her body language ???? To me it seems completely suspicious that they post a video of her dancing but the caption is talking about the cs , right now I don't see a reason to believe it's her posting this .... Kamala Harris Debate GIF by Election 2020

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
38 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I still don't know who wrote it but I wouldn't be surprised if she was embarrassed. I don't know why this is such a big deal. 

There's a lot of footage from her wild days, that must be embarrassing to see because she doesn't relate to that person anymore. It's also wouldn't feel so cute to have the world discussing certain private details (like her court arrangement with her children, etc). They also portray her as completely helpless in her situation and the reality is probably far from the truth; I'm sure she's fought the cship behind the scenes in ways we may never know. The whole doc relies on public information, yet so much of the circumstances have taken shape behind closed doors and away from the public eye so of course it's going to seem greatly skewed from her perspective. 

That said, I don't think her saying she was embarrassed is a disavowal of the Free Britney Movement by any means. She's made her thoughts on the situation clear from the start (For the Record comes to mind) and she's taken many opportunities since then to affirm her stance on the cship (both in and out of court). So I guess I'm still left wondering why this is a big deal to anybody. It all seems pretty straightforward to me and I'm struggling to find anything problematic or interesting with this scenario. 

26 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Finally, someone with reason has entered the forum! :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: I appreciate that you said, “Both sides have very compelling points but why can't we just admit the truth: We don't know.”

There is a lot we have come to learn from court documents and some media reports that fans have compiled and helped bring to light. And I appreciate that work because it’s brought us to where we are today in the Free Britney movement.

At the same time, there is a lot that we don’t know. And what I find frustrating is that some people just speculate or make inferences and spin them as fact. And when someone tries pointing out how that inference is not necessarily true, they’re accused of being a sympathizer of the conservatorship.

Every fan is operating from a place of wanting the best for Britney. The desire to know every little detail and decision that effects Britney is compelling. Yet at the same time, there are things we don’t know. I think we’d all give ourselves a little grace if we all recognized that.

• Love 2
  • Like 1