What if that knee injury in 2004 did not occur?

Alexa James

People here are WRONG. She was working on movie cameos, and the reason Outrageous was gonna be a single is because it was selected to the main song of the cat woman movie soundtrack. This obviously got cancelled. She had a snoop dogg collab. She could’ve reached the audiences she wanted to reach and she could’ve released more urban material in the future like she wanted to for circus and femme fatale.

The rest of the tour was cancelled and it gave her a reason to start her reality show chaotic

her career slowing down gave her a reason to have children

having children made her realize kfed wasnt the one and it propelled her into partying

the combination of these two was deadly. Her party behaviour was used against britney to take her children away from her and by that threat she allowed the conservatorship to happen. 

The Outrageous cancellation is the absolute turning point of her career (though it has nothing to do with her dancing skills. That’s purely affected by medication and lack of interest)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having her career be put on hold gave her a reason to completely dive into this lifestyle. The world was against her. She had 0 reason to continue her hard work ethic with the way the media was already treating her and on top of that came that law suit. Had she been able to tour and had she been able to release that single, she would’ve seen her fans and she would’ve had different career opportunities afterwards.

not to mention taking a break gave kfed the opportunity to seem like the best guy for her. She was in love with a break from her hectic life, but she saw him in that period of time and associated that love with him

Purely speculation ofc but this is genuinely what I think

1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

People here are WRONG. She was working on movie cameos, and the reason Outrageous was gonna be a single is because it was selected to the main song of the cat woman movie soundtrack. This obviously got cancelled. She had a snoop dogg collab. She could’ve reached the audiences she wanted to reach and she could’ve released more urban material in the future like she wanted to for circus and femme fatale.

The rest of the tour was cancelled and it gave her a reason to start her reality show chaotic

her career slowing down gave her a reason to have children

having children made her realize kfed wasnt the one and it propelled her into partying

the combination of these two was deadly. Her party behaviour was used against britney to take her children away from her and by that threat she allowed the conservatorship to happen. 

The Outrageous cancellation is the absolute turning point of her career (though it has nothing to do with her dancing skills. That’s purely affected by medication and lack of interest)

So, it’s not about the knee injury affecting her dance skills but the fact that the incident resulted in the video being scrapped and the tour being cancelled. This in turn, lead to the downward spiral that culminated in her hospitalization, loss of child custody, and ultimately the conservatorship. 

Basically, the notion that  this knee injury permanently ruined her dance skills is wrong. I always found that strange. Dancers have endured more serious injuries and have been able to recover and dance better than ever. It’s hard to believe that this one incident during her early 20s have prevented her from dancing like she did in 2002-2003. Also, I don’t think that this knee injury prevented her from dancing in sync with her backup dancers, forget moves, and simply not perform steps that do not require her knee. The piece of me and breathe on me performances of the Vegas residency are classic examples of this. 

1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

Having her career be put on hold gave her a reason to completely dive into this lifestyle. The world was against her. She had 0 reason to continue her hard work ethic with the way the media was already treating her and on top of that came that law suit. Had she been able to tour and had she been able to release that single, she would’ve seen her fans and she would’ve had different career opportunities afterwards.

not to mention taking a break gave kfed the opportunity to seem like the best guy for her. She was in love with a break from her hectic life, but she saw him in that period of time and associated that love with him

Purely speculation ofc but this is genuinely what I think

I know people really dislike KFED. Yeah, he is kind of a tool and a bit washed up. However, he gave Britney the greatest gift of all-her 2 precious children. I think her biological clock started ticking earlier than typical because she sensed that she would probably be forced to continue performing non-stop until her career plateaus and by then, it would be too late for her to conceive. 

I mean look at the situation now. She always said she wanted at least one more child, especially since she barely sees Sean and Jayden but it hasn’t happened. One thing or another has prevented her from settling down and having more kids. 

Maybe, this knee injury needed to happen so that she could have her kids. There’s also a reason why she immediately started trying for her second child after giving birth. I think she knew she had a small window of time to make that happen. I’m glad she had her kids because they truly fuel her fire.

I don’t think Sean and Jayden understand how much their mother loves them. It breaks my heart that KFED has robbed her of custody and continues to take money from her for child support. Nonetheless, I do believe that he also loves his 2 sons as much as Britney loves them. 

9 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

This was exactly the case and that’s why fans now appreciate Circusney because she still had flow and charisma but chose not to try vs. years of abuse and completely losing that passion during FF and some of Vegas. Seems like when Jamie stepped aside during Glory era and even 2015 she was doing much better.2015 she was doing much better.

Yeah, in some of the POM performances she is just not trying and the backup dancers need to do all the work lol. 

Tbh, it’s a relief that she can still dance well and that those skills have not been hampered by her injuries. I still question the toned down choreography in her music videos but I’m glad that she still has it in her. It never went away!!! 

God bless you, Britney!

10 hours ago, Dreams said:

i may be reaching, but i think the lazy dancing was some kind of protest against team-conservatorship, kinda as like a  big f u to them. i just think that, it's the only way for her to rebel herself against being exploited, they can't force her to dance better or faster, one of the only things she has control over is her body and her movements on stage . I think she was like "no matter how hard i try, no matter how good i perform, , at the end of the day i'm still being exploited like a cash cow"

i think it all comes from her own motivation and mental state, not a knee injury

britney was just tired and done with it , she just lost the passion

THIS!!!!!

I used to think that the knee injury was the reason she didnt dance as she used too but as time passed I realized that it was not the knee, it was her, she was not feeling it. As some people noticed before, she was doing fine around the M+M tour because she was into it. Even the Mannequin choreo video that was leaked ,she looked and danced like Primeney. She still has it.  She is just tired of this situation and the leeches controlling her life so the only way of rebelling and damaging the brand is not giving her best. 

8 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Maybe, this knee injury needed to happen so that she could have her kids. There’s also a reason why she immediately started trying for her second child after giving birth. I think she knew she had a small window of time to make that happen. I’m glad she had her kids because they truly fuel her fire.

The truth is that as long as Britney continued to stay in the industry, she was bound to whatever was going to happen.

She is a very strong person and knows she cannot be a victim if she herself willingly chose to stay in this industry, particularly during that 2004-2005 break where she started her family (but still stayed in the industry). 

So yes, I do believe her post when she says dancing is an escape for her; you just can't change the past.

The conservatorship is the focus now.

12 hours ago, Alexa James said:

Wow! I have never seen these videos before. She’s dancing like the real Britney that we all know..even better at some parts. I doubt she could have performed half those moves with a permanent knee injury. 

just to be clear-You don’t think the change in the quality of her dancing is due to that 2004 accident? 

The question is: Why does everyone keep attributing the decline in her dancing skills to the 2004 injury? All these entertainment magazines describe it as the “injury that changed everything”. From what I understand, she has actually had more serious injuries early in her career but has been able to recover and return better than ever! 

Although the POM residency was good, Britney’s dancing was way too stiff and out of sync with the other dancers. There were also some moves that she would not perform (the dancing at the bridge of piece of me). So, it felt heartbreaking. I always thought she could totally pull that off if she didn’t injure herself in 2004.

To start with, the Knee injury definitely added to her reluctance as she said it herself.

2008 onwards was purely lack of effort due to not being in control of her career. Remember before 2004 she sang live and sang with the track for almost of her tours and a lot of promo performances? She hasn’t done that since 2008. Why give a damn if you’re paying your abusers wages right? 

She also had injury in 1999 during shooting of Sometimes, and it was pretty bad too but she danced far better after that.

So I don't think it was really about injury, probably an excuse to slow down with work and start a family, and after that conservatorship happened so she probably lost interest and got medicated a lot 

Remember when she stopped using them, right prior Domination, and we saw her dancing great in rehearsals, then suddenly all stopped when Jamie found out and sent her to rehab to get her back in control...

4 hours ago, Alexa James said:

Yeah, in some of the POM performances she is just not trying and the backup dancers need to do all the work lol. 

And again that is strictly because of her personal life. You can tell when she’s having a good day or bad day on stage or in interviews her body language everything her Instagram everything.

17 hours ago, Alexa James said:

It’s clear that the knee injury on the set of Outrageous permanently stifled her dancing skills and altered the trajectory of her career forever (I hate to admit this). Since this happened when she was fairly young, I am wondering how things might have been different if this did not happen.

All else held constant (KFED, babies, breakdown, conservatorship), would she have been able to dance like she could now? I’m thinking not quite. I do know that the meds that she has been taking can give rise to stiff and rigid muscle movements. This explains why she has danced in a robotic way for some time and when she stopped taking the meds during domination rehearsals, her movements became more fluid. I also think that mental health issues and general burn out can impact a dancer’s performance. 

Even if this knee injury did not occur, I don’t think she would have danced like she did circa 2002-2003 during the POM residency. However, some of her later music videos might have had better choreography and dancing.

I don't think any of that matters since we seen The Mannequin rehearsal video.

That routine is easily one of her most complex routines to date and this was after she broke her knee filming Outrageous.

I think we got subpar performances because of Britney being heavily medicated and not wanting to push herself to do more complex routines like she use too.  Didn't Brian say that Britney told him that she wanted easy simple routines?   Which he ultimately ended up quitting right?

Britney hasn't been "hungry" in a while and that comes out in the music and performances too.  I remember Jay Z saying that every artist goes through a time where they just aren't really feeling the music for whatever reason that may be.

Honestly at this point it's crazy she is still dancing and moving considering how many injuries she has had :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: One on 1999, then 2 on 2004, then one on 2014 and 2019 I remember, when she broke her toe. And she keeps spinning! :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

Whoever wrote that caption about her learning how to love dancing again is probably telling the truth. It seems like she lost her passion for it bc of meds and everything going on, perhaps she’s trying to get that passion back some how during lockdown. Just kind of wish that she had contact with Brian and Andre, Andre was the best choreographer after Brian, shame they had to split ways bc of con’s rules. 

7 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

She also had injury in 1999 during shooting of Sometimes, and it was pretty bad too but she danced far better after that.

So I don't think it was really about injury, probably an excuse to slow down with work and start a family, and after that conservatorship happened so she probably lost interest and got medicated a lot 

Remember when she stopped using them, right prior Domination, and we saw her dancing great in rehearsals, then suddenly all stopped when Jamie found out and sent her to rehab to get her back in control...

Omg yes! Those rehearsals were amazing. I really did see elements of the old Britney. Her movements were really fluid and she had way more spark than what we saw during POM residency. I’m crushed that domination never saw the light of day. 

8 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

And again that is strictly because of her personal life. You can tell when she’s having a good day or bad day on stage or in interviews her body language everything her Instagram everything.

There were times where Britney would outshine her back up dancers on stage. The Dream Within a Dream Tour really showcased those dance skills. 
In POM, the male and female dancers stood out way more. It was easy to forget that Britney was on stage next to them.

The backup dancers’ solo at the end of the POM song was good but unnecessary. We get it. You can dance! 

7 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I don't think any of that matters since we seen The Mannequin rehearsal video.

That routine is easily one of her most complex routines to date and this was after she broke her knee filming Outrageous.

I think we got subpar performances because of Britney being heavily medicated and not wanting to push herself to do more complex routines like she use too.  Didn't Brian say that Britney told him that she wanted easy simple routines?   Which he ultimately ended up quitting right?

Britney hasn't been "hungry" in a while and that comes out in the music and performances too.  I remember Jay Z saying that every artist goes through a time where they just aren't really feeling the music for whatever reason that may be.

That mannequin video made my day. I am so glad that the knee injury myth has been debunked. She can still dance like she used to! 

The choreography is really complex. There are so many steps...maybe even more than in the MATM and OIDIA music videos. She was so in sync with all her dancers. God speed Britney!

2 hours ago, Oxic said:

Honestly at this point it's crazy she is still dancing and moving considering how many injuries she has had :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: One on 1999, then 2 on 2004, then one on 2014 and 2019 I remember, when she broke her toe. And she keeps spinning! :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

Yeah, injuries can’t hold Britney back. I have actually heard of dancers who have been able to perform better than ever after more severe injuries that required months of surgery and physical therapy. I think it depends on the location and age of injury. The prognosis is much better for a dancer or athlete who sustains an injury in his or her 20s than 40s.

Archived