What if that knee injury in 2004 did not occur?

It’s clear that the knee injury on the set of Outrageous permanently stifled her dancing skills and altered the trajectory of her career forever (I hate to admit this). Since this happened when she was fairly young, I am wondering how things might have been different if this did not happen.

All else held constant (KFED, babies, breakdown, conservatorship), would she have been able to dance like she could now? I’m thinking not quite. I do know that the meds that she has been taking can give rise to stiff and rigid muscle movements. This explains why she has danced in a robotic way for some time and when she stopped taking the meds during domination rehearsals, her movements became more fluid. I also think that mental health issues and general burn out can impact a dancer’s performance. 

Even if this knee injury did not occur, I don’t think she would have danced like she did circa 2002-2003 during the POM residency. However, some of her later music videos might have had better choreography and dancing.

Honestly her injury is irrelevant to the way that she felt at that moment in time. If Kevin Federline didn’t come into the picture it would’ve been somebody else. Britney was so desperate for love and attention and for things to slow down and feel like a normal human being at that point in time that she wasn’t thinking rationally and it was bound to happen no matter who or what in her career and personal life at that moment in time. Kevin Federline did not make good choices. Kevin Federline did not support his baby mother and wife. However at the end of the day Britney made bad choices too and that was probably due to the pressure and the ****ty people around her that wouldn’t let her live. Even if Britney‘s dance abilities weren’t as strong after that incident Britney would’ve found a way to sell something else. Because that’s what she does she sells. She makes everything feel believable because she’s a loving person she has tons of charisma she knows how to sell any product. If anything if she couldn’t dance the same way I truly believe she would focus more on her singing and putting more depth into her music she would’ve found a different way to sell her career however I don’t blame this this domino effect on the injury. It was personal.

• Love 2
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Honestly her injury is irrelevant to the way that she felt at that moment in time. If Kevin Federline didn’t come into the picture it would’ve been somebody else. Britney was so desperate for love and attention and for things to slow down and feel like a normal human being at that point in time that she wasn’t thinking rationally and it was bound to happen no matter who or what in her career and personal life at that moment in time. Kevin Federline did not make good choices. Kevin Federline did not support his baby mother and wife. However at the end of the day Britney made bad choices too and that was probably due to the pressure and the ****ty people around her that wouldn’t let her live. Even if Britney‘s dance abilities weren’t as strong after that incident Britney would’ve found a way to sell something else. Because that’s what she does she sells. She makes everything feel believable because she’s a loving person she has tons of charisma she knows how to sell any product. If anything if she couldn’t dance the same way I truly believe she would focus more on her singing and putting more depth into her music she would’ve found a different way to sell her career however I don’t blame this this domino effect on the injury. It was personal.

Wait are you saying that the injury really isn’t a significant factor in her professional life? Or if the injury didn’t happen, something else would have occurred and threw her off track. 

4 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Wait are you saying that the injury really isn’t a significant factor in her professional life? Or if the injury didn’t happen, something else would have occurred and threw her off track. 

I’m saying it wasn’t a significant factor in her professional life because Britney till this day still dances on her ankle and knee when she feels like it and makes it look great. Here’s a great example if you seek Amy circus tour. If her knee hurt that bad she wouldn’t have been bouncing up and down that many times without her knee giving out at some point. I think many of the issues that happened in her professional career had to do with her personal life. Madonna even said the same thing during for the record. Things have to align.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

M&M's was primeny level.

Wow! Her dancing was quite good. She was very much in sync with all the other dancers, unlike POM. Tbh, it might have been the long-term consequences of those psychiatric medications. I believe she has been taking heavy doses of antipsychotics and mood stabilizers, which are associated with heinous side effects.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I’m saying it wasn’t a significant factor in her professional life because Britney till this day still dances on her ankle and knee when she feels like it and makes it look great. Here’s a great example if you seek Amy circus tour. If her knee hurt that bad she wouldn’t have been bouncing up and down that many times without her knee giving out at some point. I think many of the issues that happened in her professional career had to do with her personal life. Madonna even said the same thing during for the record. Things have to align.

Ah, so that injury was blown out of proportion? I read the buzzfeed article about original doll. One of the backup singers from the OHT said that she didn’t think that Britney cancelled the tour because of the knee injury since a similar incident occurred during a performance and she was back on the stage within a month. 

6 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Ah, so that injury was blown out of proportion? I read the buzzfeed article about original doll. One of the backup singers from the OHT said that she didn’t think that Britney cancelled the tour because of the knee injury since a similar incident occurred during a performance and she was back on the stage within a month. 

No I don’t because what a lot of fans can’t do is think about certain situations from a human point of view because they see Britney as Godney. If you actually sit and think about something from an unbiased point of view and a human point of view and if it were you in her shoes things start to make a lot more sense. That’s not me calling anyone dumb but it tends to happen quite often.

• Love 2

I think she was definitely wary of her Knee right up until 2008 tbh. She said in a magazine interview in 2006 (May have been one of her pregnancy spreads) that her Knee still makes ‘Click’ sounds if she pushes herself hard (I’m assuming she’s referring to Toxic/MATM level choreography).

However, as we saw in Circus Tour rehearsals she was serving prime level dancing with mannequin, womaniser, Circus, etc and toned it all down when she started performing and going on tour.

My best guess is her reluctance to put her all in when she wasn’t feeling passionate about it like she was in her younger years during the circus tour. Her priority was no longer her career (Which her father now controlled), it was her kids. 

Same story with FF, I think she just gave up in her personal life for a while there, after being told her words and feeing meant nothing for so long she likely just gave in and became a yes woman who put no effort into her performances.

in 2013 she was in better spirits and her Vegas rehearsals were insane, again she put little effort into her performances back then apart from the odd night where she was feeling it. 

It’s a mad rollercoaster seeing one of the greatest performers of all time become a cash cow who gave no ****s anymore.

Overall, rehearsals for Vegas were a clear indication of a mature Britney’s dancing ability - crazy good. Whether it be her lack of passion, constant anxiety and depression meds she was being fed for years, or all of the above we’ll never know. But she never danced the same onstage after 2004 and that’s the sadness of this situation. She really lost her fire.

It’s not just sad for the fans or the public who enjoy her shows, it’s sad for her too. Dancing and the adrenaline that comes with it is such a high, and does wonders for your mental health. But if that adrenaline or passion becomes associated with ‘Slavery’ in a sense, then it becomes slow torture 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Dreams said:

i may be reaching, but i think the lazy dancing was some kind of protest against team-conservatorship, kinda as like a  big f u to them. i just think that, it's the only way for her to rebel herself against being exploited, they can't force her to dance better or faster, one of the only things she has control over is her body and her movements on stage . I think she was like "no matter how hard i try, no matter how good i perform, , at the end of the day i'm still being exploited like a cash cow"

i think it all comes from her own motivation and mental state, not a knee injury

britney was just tired and done with it , she just lost the passion

This was exactly the case and that’s why fans now appreciate Circusney because she still had flow and charisma but chose not to try vs. years of abuse and completely losing that passion during FF and some of Vegas. Seems like when Jamie stepped aside during Glory era and even 2015 she was doing much better.2015 she was doing much better.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I think she was definitely wary of her Knee right up until 2008 tbh. She said in a magazine interview in 2006 (May have been one of her pregnancy spreads) that her Knee still makes ‘Click’ sounds if she pushes herself hard (I’m assuming she’s referring to Toxic/MATM level choreography).

However, as we saw in Circus Tour rehearsals she was serving prime level dancing with mannequin, womaniser, Circus, etc and toned it all down when she started performing and going on tour.

My best guess is her reluctance to put her all in when she wasn’t feeling passionate about it like she was in her younger years during the circus tour. Her priority was no longer her career (Which her father now controlled), it was her kids. 

Same story with FF, I think she just gave up in her personal life for a while there, after being told her words and feeing meant nothing for so long she likely just gave in and became a yes woman who put no effort into her performances.

in 2013 she was in better spirits and her Vegas rehearsals were insane, again she put little effort into her performances back then apart from the odd night where she was feeling it. 

It’s a mad rollercoaster seeing one of the greatest performers of all time become a cash cow who gave no ****s anymore.

Overall, rehearsals for Vegas were a clear indication of a mature Britney’s dancing ability - crazy good. Whether it be her lack of passion, constant anxiety and depression meds she was being fed for years, or all of the above we’ll never know. But she never danced the same onstage after 2004 and that’s the sadness of this situation. She really lost her fire.

It’s not just sad for the fans or the public who enjoy her shows, it’s sad for her too. Dancing and the adrenaline that comes with it is such a high, and does wonders for your mental health. But if that adrenaline or passion becomes associated with ‘Slavery’ in a sense, then it becomes slow torture 

Wow! I have never seen these videos before. She’s dancing like the real Britney that we all know..even better at some parts. I doubt she could have performed half those moves with a permanent knee injury. 

just to be clear-You don’t think the change in the quality of her dancing is due to that 2004 accident? 

The question is: Why does everyone keep attributing the decline in her dancing skills to the 2004 injury? All these entertainment magazines describe it as the “injury that changed everything”. From what I understand, she has actually had more serious injuries early in her career but has been able to recover and return better than ever! 

Although the POM residency was good, Britney’s dancing was way too stiff and out of sync with the other dancers. There were also some moves that she would not perform (the dancing at the bridge of piece of me). So, it felt heartbreaking. I always thought she could totally pull that off if she didn’t injure herself in 2004.

• Like 2

Idk but I feel like that the music video of Outrageous was actually a bad idea, or at least would not be appreciated by many people. I’ve released an upscale of the video and there are many comments that say:

"That’s so cringe" "it’s cringey" "everything is wrong on this video" "wt* is this" "I’m so uncomfortable" "Weird video" "Worst video ever".

Where on many other of my videos, I don’t see generally bad comments towards her music videos.

So I’m wondering if the video being cancelled isn’t a good idea finally... :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Idk but I feel like that the music video of Outrageous was actually a bad idea, or at least would not be appreciated by many people. I’ve released an upscale of the video and there are many comments that say:

"That’s so cringe" "it’s cringey" "everything is wrong on this video" "wt* is this" "I’m so uncomfortable" "Weird video" "Worst video ever".

Where on many other of my videos, I don’t see generally bad comments towards her music videos.

So I’m wondering if the video being cancelled isn’t a good idea finally... :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

tbh both the song and the video would've passed as one of those obscure singles, like Boys, with the difference that not even Britney liked Outrageous to begin with. Maybe these scenes would've saved it

tumblr_nh8wfvJ70T1sb8nnvo1_1280.jpg?resi

Even Boom Boom would've been a better single, idk why the label loved Outrageous so much.

What I don't understand is why they moved on to My Prerogative instead of releasing Breathe on Me or Touch of My Hand as a final ITZ single. A video for any of those wouldn't have required a choreo

• Love 5
  • Like 1