Little Mix find out they are nominated for Best British Group at The Brits

Slayer

The girls were on set of their latest music video when they found out they were nominated for Best British Group at The Brits.

No girl group has ever won this award in all 44 years of life The Brits! It is about time one does :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

The Brits is the UK version of the Grammy!

The nominees in the same category are:

Little Mix

The 1975

Young T and Bugsey

Biffy Clyro

Feel my bicep 

857FDD87-2AB2-4BE7-890D-68C3DB58FE47.jpeg.e61d781ef62bff5892a2e790857ce078.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It still shocks me The Spice girls never won this award!  When they were seen as the global ambassadors of British Music in the 90s cos they conquered the world, which is hard to do for a British act or any international act. 

It really is a shocker the Spice Girls hadn't won it before! They deserved to win

Also 

35 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It really is a shocker the Spice Girls hadn't won it before! They deserved to win

Also 

They are only gonna keep breaking the pure sales record of the Spice girls, but will they get denied, I've noticed any streaming achievements will never be received or respected in the same way as the pure sales era is...

Kids and youth will always will be told, we had to save our money,  go to the store and wait in line. 

I can see why it's disrespect on both ends, it's like they don't respect your culture and you're always told you guys have it to easy. 

@PokemonSpears

@Jordan Miller

@Blackout2006

7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

They are only gonna keep breaking the pure sales record of the Spice girls, but will they get denied, I've noticed any streaming achievements will never be received or respected in the same way as the pure sales era is...

Kids and youth will always will be told, we had to save our money,  go to the store and wait in line. 

I can see why it's disrespect on both ends, it's like they don't respect your culture and you're always told you guys have it to easy. 

@PokemonSpears

@Jordan Miller

@Blackout2006

I think it's related to the same topics I always comment on about whether Bieber or Taylor Swift or whatever are bigger than Britney Spears was at her peak.

The thing is times have changed so drastically, and so the way we consume music, that is really inaccurate to compare the achievements artists have nowadays to the achievements of the 90's or 00's. We want to compare sales, and in that, newer artists will always have those "equivalent" sales, which for more that they justify their formula, I still consider it can't be counted the same as going to physically buy an album. It's like, we would need to count the people that bought albums back in the 90's and 00's, but also have a way to magically count how many times each person played those records after buying said album or cassette. THAT would be fair to compare to digital streams of the modern era, but of course it's impossible to measure that. It's impossible to measure how many times their videos were played on MTV or any other music channel, or how many times they were played at clubs, or ads, how many countdowns they won, how much they were talked about or downloaded in the early years of the Internet, or how many albums were pirated.

So for example, Spice Girls might have lasted less than LM, and they may not have that many accolades, but as someone from Mexico I can tell you they were very known here, and to this day they're still remembered by most people that were alive in that era, whether they were fans of their music or not. I mean, we even got those lollipops, and all the girls were influenced by their fashion. I'd be surprised if I find someone that can identify a Little Mix song or video, like, among the average population here in Mexico. And I'm not saying it as shade, but it goes to my original point, the way we consume music nowadays it's so different, because we choose what to listen to, what to watch on YouTube. We don't have to rely on what the DJ plays at the radio station or what MTV puts on their channel. One artist selling billions of records is completely irrelevant to a person that only listens to indie artists, or local artists, or that only listens to old music like I do lol We now have the choice to escape from what's "hot" and trendy, so I find it very difficult that anyone can ever achieve again that level of popularity that artists had a couple of decades ago. And that's part of what makes awards shows irrelevant today too (plus other factors). 

The most they can get now is having as many fans as possible, but even while having millions of followers/listeners, the number of people that are NOT listening to them, that don't even know about them, will always outweigh the number of people that do. And that's where they fail when compared to the greatest artists of the 90's and 00's. But again, I'm not saying it to take away the merit of new artists, it's just to show how unfair and inaccurate and pointless the comparisons are because it's like comparing oranges and apples, imo. 

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So for example, Spice Girls might have lasted less than LM, and they may not have that many accolades, but as someone from Mexico I can tell you they were very known here, and to this day they're still remembered by most people that were alive in that era, whether they were fans of their music or not. I mean, we even got those lollipops, and all the girls were influenced by their fashion. I'd be surprised if I find someone that can identify a Little Mix song or video, like, among the average population here in Mexico. And I'm not saying it as shade, but it goes to my original point, the way we consume music nowadays it's so different, because we choose what to listen to, what to watch on YouTube.

It's a real shame that LM have never had good international promo, I know i'm biased but their talent is INSANE.

Spice Girls are obviously bigger but LM are literally the second biggest girl group to ever come from the UK. LM are literally huuuuuge here, I wish they had a better team to promote them internationally.

I agree it's hard to make comparisons because they both came out during different times and LM have been together longer. I just think LM are doing amazing, especially to be together for 10 years with literally no breaks. Plus they are all sweet humble Queens :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I STAN TALENT :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, iamsmashed said:

I wish Little Mix was more popular in the US cause they are great! I will always love the spice girls. I gotta give little mix props because with every album you can tell how much their vocal abilities have grown. Which is rarely seen with artists today.

I love your Scream 2 gif. Sorry just had to say it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iamsmashed said:

I wish Little Mix was more popular in the US cause they are great! I will always love the spice girls. I gotta give little mix props because with every album you can tell how much their vocal abilities have grown. Which is rarely seen with artists today.

@Slayer I stan little mix cos of the sisterhood, it was like wow, this was why I loved The Spice girls and TLC, the family unit..

The fact they support Jesy Nelson departure was very mature, granted the Spice girls were mas at Geri, but it was all forgiven, and they supported Victoria who declined on the stadium tour, oddly people have Geri as 4 piece, they kinda like that..

TLC was the same way, they never broke up, just went on a much needed hiatus to heal after the death of Lisa.

I love the family dynamic of girl groups, I never got that with PCD, or danity kane..

Even boy bands outside the BSB, never given me the vibe of family of brothers 

Maybe it's because I sought out family cos I didn't feel I had one, which is why I embraced the sisterhood and loved it..

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Slayer I stan little mix cos of the sisterhood, it was like wow, this was why I loved The Spice girls and TLC, the family unit..

The fact they support Jesy Nelson departure was very mature, granted the Spice girls were mas at Geri, but it was all forgiven, and they supported Victoria who declined on the stadium tour, oddly people have Geri as 4 piece, they kinda like that..

TLC was the same way, they never broke up, just went on a much needed hiatus to heal after the death of Lisa.

I love the family dynamic of girl groups, I never got that with PCD, or danity kane..

Even boy bands outside the BSB, never given me the vibe of family of brothers 

Maybe it's because I sought out family cos I didn't feel I had one, which is why I embraced the sisterhood and loved it..

The friendship and sisterhood of the girls makes it so so special!

Btw the girls have allegedly been filming a music video for ‘Confetti’

ED87AE8E-3C70-4B50-BC88-9194B46C1E3B.jpeg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block