Gaga releases part 1 of The Queendom film featuring "Free Woman"

On 4/1/2021 at 3:33 PM, bitbitboi said:

And I don't care if she wants to sell socks, do your thing, but SELLING ALCOHOL? When she had problems with it herself? I don't understand that, and I can't stand behind it.

I wonder what made her decide to sponsor this, she always seems to have a million reasons (no pun intended) for everything she does... And "driven by the need for creative freedom" seems like a far-fetched argument to me.

1: Lots of money will buy up most people's morals. They'll just twist their own past statements to fit their new money based agenda, to save face and smoothen out contradictory conflicts with past statements :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:.

2: Who has creative freedom in reality? Every time other people are involved in a project and process whether it will be to produce, direct, write, make the screenplay, costumes, video angles etc.: everybody has a say because you can not produce, micro manage and distribute a product by yourself. So it is always a big collaboration where the investors have the last say. And gaga is invested in: she was picked up by a label and they have the last say in how she is gonna be portrayed and how she is gonna represent the label/movie/commercial/whatever; all in order to cash in the most amount of money. There is no freedom in that; there is collaboration, hierarchy and a poster child/figurehead :wonka_meme_hat_purple:.

People preaching over Gaga's "genius" really need to learn something about business models

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

1: Lots of money will buy up most people's morals. They'll just twist their own past statements to fit their new money based agenda, to save face and smoothen out contradictory conflicts with past statements :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:.

2: Who has creative freedom in reality? Every time other people are involved in a project and process whether it will be to produce, direct, write, make the screenplay, costumes, video angles etc.: everybody has a say because you can not produce, micro manage and distribute a product by yourself. So it is always a big collaboration where the investors have the last say. And gaga is invested in: she was picked up by a label and they have the last say in how she is gonna be portrayed and how she is gonna represent the label/movie/commercial/whatever; all in order to cash in the most amount of money. There is no freedom in that; there is collaboration, hierarchy and a poster child/figurehead :wonka_meme_hat_purple:.

People preaching over Gaga's "genius" really need to learn something about business models

I don't think it's all about the money. Of course, it has a lot to do with it, but there is also an agenda behind all of it, too. It's multilayered.

Gaga always works with her team (house of gaga) together. They create most of the concepts, and she portrays them in the end. I would say a little like an actress. I think she has some kind of artistic freedom as long it doesn't hurt "the product" in the end. 

In the beginning of her career in 2008 for example, their agenda was to make pop music more artistic, and I guess she succeeded with it. Today "pop stars" like Billie Eilish a less plastic and can be more artistic in their creation process and are no longer considered as an outsider.

1 hour ago, FreeAsMyHair said:

I don't think it's all about the money. Of course, it has a lot to do with it, but there is also an agenda behind all of it, too. It's multilayered.

Gaga always works with her team (house of gaga) together. They create most of the concepts, and she portrays them in the end. I would say a little like an actress. I think she has some kind of artistic freedom as long it doesn't hurt "the product" in the end. 

In the beginning of her career in 2008 for example, their agenda was to make pop music more artistic, and I guess she succeeded with it. Today "pop stars" like Billie Eilish a less plastic and can be more artistic in their creation process and are no longer considered as an outsider.

Touché adam driver applause GIF by BAFTA.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block