Sharon Stone talks about Britney reaching out to her in 2007 for help

The hard part is for Britney to get control she has to trust someone bc idt Britney herself is I don't want to say smart enough but hasn't developed the skills needed to get out of this. It's all shes ever known she never learned anything other than being on stage. Education was probably done for her. It's sad to see these women all struggled, I mean where is the self worth when something is wrong stand up for yourself, money should not matter if you are losing any worth or being abused or anything. It's crazy to me but then again I have never experienced anything similar and would like to think its that easy to say no. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Imo she sounded quite sad talking about it, I hope she doesn't feel any guilt bc Britney's family and ex hubby are the ones who destroyed her, using her fragile moment against her to take her kids away from her and then strip her off her rights so they could all take more money off her. 

2 hours ago, Modcl said:

I wonder what the connection is between Sharon and Britney - there must have been a friendship there for Britney to choose to reach out to her. I had wondered if maybe Sharon and Britney are part of some sort of support group as Sharon stated she has had similar issues. 

Read her autobiography, she called out the industry, they pitted her against Madonna several times, that iconic scene in basic instinct where it showed her flower as Monica would call it in friends, was actually forced, so she's basically revealing so much tea on what happened to her career that she became more of an activist and left acting in general 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Read her autobiography, she called out the industry, they pitted her against Madonna several times, that iconic scene in basic instinct where it showed her flower as Monica would call it in friends, was actually forced, so she's basically revealing so much tea on what happened to her career that she became more of an activist and left acting in general

I had no idea, and also did not know that scene was forced..that's terrible.:(

1 hour ago, rower2222 said:

The hard part is for Britney to get control she has to trust someone bc idt Britney herself is I don't want to say smart enough but hasn't developed the skills needed to get out of this. It's all shes ever known she never learned anything other than being on stage. Education was probably done for her. It's sad to see these women all struggled, I mean where is the self worth when something is wrong stand up for yourself, money should not matter if you are losing any worth or being abused or anything. It's crazy to me but then again I have never experienced anything similar and would like to think its that easy to say no. 

To me, it comes down to the years 2004-2005.  She either should have left her label or re-signed a new deal, with lots of advantageous clauses for her.

No matter how much I admire her work ethic and resiliency, these attributes others exploited from her. 

Not comparing, but Demi Lovato has had many public battles with mental illness, substance abuse and suicidal thoughts and she's nowhere near a conservatorship.

It's obvious the conservatorship has to do with contracts, her father and the very evil music industry and media.

• Like 2

I find it surprising that in the 2000s Britney was writing letters to other celebs. In a time where cell phones were already very common, texting, emailing, and social media was starting. It just makes it seem even more like Britney isn’t allowed free access to those things, that she had to go an old school route of writing a letter. Maybe I’m reading into it to much, maybe Britney just prefers handwriting or something... but it’s interesting. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I find it surprising that in the 2000s Britney was writing letters to other celebs. In a time where cell phones were already very common, texting, emailing, and social media was starting. It just makes it seem even more like Britney isn’t allowed free access to those things, that she had to go an old school route of writing a letter. Maybe I’m reading into it to much, maybe Britney just prefers handwriting or something... but it’s interesting. 

some people prefer handwriting even today (me haha) i feel much more expressive writing on a piece of paper with a pen

• Like 1

I know many Britney fans probably don't like him but these particular comments from Fred Durst about Britney way back in early 2003-near the height of her fame- kind of support my comment about the fact that Britney arguably should have stepped away from the industry/spotlight at some point...

"Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is continuing to mouth off following his brief relationship with Britney Spears. “Wow, this is just a very sweet Southern girl, just simple, you know, Southern girl,” he told Access Hollywood for an interview airing Monday about first meeting Spears. “But actually, she has a life like Michael Jackson. It’s, like, out of control. … The people around her, pulling at her, people around her that are full of sh**, just agreeing with her, like, it’s kind of crazy, she almost can’t see what’s real and what’s not.”

https://popdirt.com/fred-durst-says-britney-spears-has-a-life-like-michael-jackson/12842/

• Like 3
4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I know many Britney fans probably don't like him but these particular comments from Fred Durst about Britney way back in early 2003-near the height of her fame- kind of support my comment about the fact that Britney arguably should have stepped away from the industry/spotlight at some point...

"Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is continuing to mouth off following his brief relationship with Britney Spears. “Wow, this is just a very sweet Southern girl, just simple, you know, Southern girl,” he told Access Hollywood for an interview airing Monday about first meeting Spears. “But actually, she has a life like Michael Jackson. It’s, like, out of control. … The people around her, pulling at her, people around her that are full of sh**, just agreeing with her, like, it’s kind of crazy, she almost can’t see what’s real and what’s not.”

https://popdirt.com/fred-durst-says-britney-spears-has-a-life-like-michael-jackson/12842/

Justin also talked about how people around her were *********, she was treated like a machine and pressured and how the whole thing felt like a horror movie. I have a feeling he was also talking about Larry. 

14 hours ago, zxcvb said:

To me, it comes down to the years 2004-2005.  She either should have left her label or re-signed a new deal, with lots of advantageous clauses for her.

No matter how much I admire her work ethic and resiliency, these attributes others exploited from her. 

Not comparing, but Demi Lovato has had many public battles with mental illness, substance abuse and suicidal thoughts and she's nowhere near a conservatorship.

It's obvious the conservatorship has to do with contracts, her father and the very evil music industry and media.

Yes. Britney definitely made some poor and naive choices and man, has she paid  for it way too long