Britney: I didn’t watch the documentary but I was embarrassed by the light they put me in, I cried for two weeks

2 minutes ago, pampita said:

I understand what you are saying, but I guess you did not understand what I tried to say, 

The word "iconic" doesn't always have to mean something positive, weather you were terrified or not (as I was obviously too) doesn't change the fact that the image of the shaving became iconic in the sense that it got reproduced countlessly on different media, merchandise, re-enactions and it lives on in our collective memory. 

I did not mean to say Iconic in the way it is used today usually and colloquially to describe something great a popstar does, I meant to word it in its actual sense and definition. 

I understand. And I suppose it's fair considering iconic means widely recognized. But I still think upholding it as such a big pop cultural moment — reenactments and all — is wading into dangerous territory since "iconic" has a positive connotation. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Email My D said:

By not having a voice on one of the most important platforms the media and gp look to, to create a narrative about this situation. 

I can comment there if I want when I think smt is too much of a bs anyway, I'm just not following and liking these posts that I think are being posted to fit team cons narrative and expose Britney. And her dad owns that insta, but sadly a lot of people still think she controls it. Many even use it to say she's not well and needs the cship. 

Just now, Bundy said:

I can comment there if I want when I think smt is too much of a bs anyway, I'm just not following and liking these posts that I think are being posted to fit team cons narrative and expose Britney. And her dad owns that insta, but sadly a lot of people still think she controls it. Many even use it to say she's not well and needs the cship. 

Yeah I totally get you. Just don't ever let them stop you from having a voice. Idk anymore even if Britney herself came out and said something I probably won't believe it till she's a freed woman. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I understand. And I suppose it's fair considering iconic means widely recognized. But I still think upholding it as such a big pop cultural moment — reenactments and all — is wading into dangerous territory since "iconic" has a positive connotation. 

This is the cool thing about written language; the positive or negative connotation goes according to context of what it is being said. Even so, I understand what you mean and where you come from. In my original response I said "tragically iconic" in order to convey it in a negative light. 

I believe that what the world and fans perceive as iconic, she lived it as a tragedy, and of course it must be a trigger to see it anywhere or in any given form.  That is why I think that even if she did not write that post, we are obliged to be empathic about the fact that it's plausible that she would be triggered by that documentary.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I am convinced it’s not her now. The documentary was PRO BRITNEY. Regardless what’s true or not in her conservatorship, one of the biggest messages was still that she wasn’t treated right and the world should realize that now.

I hope it’s really not her because her team is even more dumb than I thought. The documentary sadly (IMO) is losing momentum. But Britney “speaking” about it means they’re bringing the attention back LOL.

also didn’t Sam say Britney appreciated the support when the documentary came out? 

• Love 3

She's right. Britney said in For The Record she doesn't want to be portrayed as a victim. The media, like always, continues to craft a narrative about her without her consent.

Kelly Rowland also had this opinion when she was asked if she watched the documentary, on WWHL.

She said "no, she hasn't seen the Britney doc", "she's having a hard time in wanting to watch it", "she respects when artists actually say this is a documentary, its okay to watch this" "I respect their space, and their privacy and their point of view, and their story, what they feel what their story is"

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

She hated the victim doc :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh: I tried to tell y’all :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

I really don't understand this. It's not like she is Demi Lovato playing the victim card every time she has to release music.

It's ok not sell yourself as a victim, but Britney is a victim of certain things and that's fine. If she can't face that, she'll never get over her possible past traumas.

I didn't love the doc, but It reminded people Britney is human with flaws and the society did her wrong.

There's nothing to be ashamed to be a real victim, she can be the victim and the hero, she survived.

Someone had a really a bad spirit If they said to her the doc painted her in a bad light.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

i'm gonna be honest, i think fans are way too overdramatic about this whole thing, yes britney suffered, yes britney prob got abused mentally and physically, yes she is some sort of victim, but at the same time,  she still had a beautiful life, beautiful moments, she experienced the most expensive hotels/houses, traveled in the most beautiful places on earth, dated the hottest men, she also was very hot back then, she did some things none of us will ever experiment, she earned more money than all of us ever will in our entire lifetime

i don't really feel that much sadness for britney in this day,i don't feel that much pity for her, but i do think that, she deserves freedom and she deserves to do whatever she wants because, she worked very hard i guess back then, and she does deserves to be able to control her own networth/estate. She deserves that. BUT, there are people who are suffering more than she is.

people need to stop acting like britney is broke, or struggling with money, she is still filthy rich , even in a conservatorship.

• Love 4
  • Like 5