Her Top 10 Songs on Spotify

15 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Glory is one of her best albums! The problem is most of the general public  doesn’t know it exists. 

And why do they not know it exists? She promoted it (in a way that a veteran artist does), performed at one of the most-viewed award shows in history and also was on a Residency Tour. Oh that’s right, because the music/visuals/theme were disposable and overdone that it never garnered any public interest.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All by herself, no featuring! All songs above 100kk I think we should listen to If U Seek Amy more there, If U Seek Amy streaming day on Spotify!

I think Criminal had a small resurgence after its popularity on Tik Tok last year, and ever since them its been one of the higher streamed songs.

Gimme More in the top 5 where it belongs     Criminal tho    sorry criminal stans x

• Twitter Team
3 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

And why do they not know it exists? She promoted it (in a way that a veteran artist does), performed at one of the most-viewed award shows in history and also was on a Residency Tour. Oh that’s right, because the music/visuals/theme were disposable and overdone that it never garnered any public interest.

Tbh RCA could have done a lot more as well. 

7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Tbh RCA could have done a lot more as well. 

We can say that about every era but let’s face it, the music was lackluster and the musical theme was overdone at that point. There were only a handful of tracks which stood out but everything else felt short. The album isn’t anywhere near her best hence why the only people who care for it are her gay stans.

• Like 1
  • Twitter Team
3 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

We can say that about every era but let’s face it, the music was lackluster and the musical theme was overdone at that point. There were only a handful of tracks which stood out but everything else felt short. The album isn’t anywhere near her best hence why the only people who care for it are her gay stans.

Hmm really? I guess that's your opinion, but I'm a straight female and I love Glory. It might be my second favourite Britney album after Blackout and you can tell Britney herself was very involved in its creation.

It's just... RCA don't seem to know how to market most of their artists and they could have given the album more of a push and more radio promo. Britney arguably could have done more but she still did a decent amount of promo, moreso than in the Femme Fatale and Britney Jean eras.

11 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I have to agree. The whole album served us songs about ***. That’s fun but you can’t do that and expect people to think it’s one of your best albums. I like it don’t get me wrong, but even her previous highly ***ual albums had something behind the ***. Freedom. Independence. Call to actions. This album is purely a fun *** album. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Isla said:

Hmm really? I guess that's your opinion, but I'm a straight female and I love Glory. It might be my second favourite Britney album after Blackout and you can tell Britney herself was very involved in its creation.

It's just... RCA don't seem to know how to market most of their artists and they could have given the album more of a push and more radio promo. Britney arguably could have done more but she still did a decent amount of promo, moreso than in the Femme Fatale and Britney Jean eras.

From a musical standpoint, however, my main issue with Glory was that it felt like a cheap, knock-off of ITZ, except without the stand-out tracks like Toxic, Everytime, BOM, etc. Point blank — the theme was overdone.

I say this respectfully but nothing and I mean nothing on that album screamed ‘hit’ (maybe except for SP but having a c-list label mate like Tinashe instead of someone like Rihanna ruined the potential it could have had) hence why the era was cut short. Why should RCA invest in a third single when they knew it’s destined to flop? I mean, did you really think the general public, particularly in America (the biggest music market) was here for songs like DYWCO or whatever else was on that album? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

22 minutes ago, Rob_ said:

I have to agree. The whole album served us songs about ***. That’s fun but you can’t do that and expect people to think it’s one of your best albums. I like it don’t get me wrong, but even her previous highly ***ual albums had something behind the ***. Freedom. Independence. Call to actions. This album is purely a fun *** album. 

Exactly. And I told her. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

But yes, I couldn’t agree more. The general public was not here for Britney lip-syncing her way to songs about *** without hardly any introspect. 

This is why I dislike the Glory era because it would have been a perfect time for her to rebrand her image (think Janet and Madonna in the 90s) but instead we get songs about having slumber parties, hook-ups and getting *********d on. This was her time to evolve and make the general public pay attention to her in a different light, maybe finally as a SERIOUS singer/songwriter, but instead we got a bunch of outdated, knock-off ITZ rejects with some tragic choreography on the side.

Sure, maybe if the songs were more memorable and served on the quality of ‘Toxic’ level it would have been ingrained in the general public’s mind but even there it fell short. It’s just crazy how so many Britney stans turn a blind eye and blame everything on her label or the ‘MaKe Me FiAsCo’ when the problem was her music and the fact that she failed to rebrand herself.

55 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Plus everyone knows make me is literally a copy of with you in the melody and eerie intro. Not to mention the ouuu falsetto is literally a copy of Jessica’s huh huh huh huh

generic? More like a blatant COPY!

• Haha 2
  • Twitter Team
37 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

From a musical standpoint, however, my main issue with Glory was that it felt like a cheap, knock-off of ITZ, except without the stand-out tracks like Toxic, Everytime, BOM, etc. Point blank — the theme was overdone.

I say this respectfully but nothing and I mean nothing on that album screamed ‘hit’ (maybe except for SP but having a c-list label mate like Tinashe instead of someone like Rihanna ruined the potential it could have had) hence why the era was cut short. Why should RCA invest in a third single when they knew it’s destined to flop? I mean, did you really think the general public, particularly in America (the biggest music market) was here for songs like DYWCO or whatever else was on that album? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Ehh I disagree. Glory had so many missed single opportunities and they ****ed it up by 1. Not releasing DYWCO as the second single and 2. Waiting too long to release a second single! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Change Your Mind, Better, Love Me Down and Just Luv Me all were a hit single material, sorry

• Love 3
6 hours ago, notjennifer said:

I really do not understand the GP's taste in Britney songs.  I mean, three songs from Circus?  Criminal in the top 10 instead of Everytime?  I just don't get it.

Criminal (deservingly) went viral on tiktok. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

In The Zone was a lot more boundary pushing compared to Glory. Glory ignored stigmas while In The Zone faced it head-on. I never drew the comparison but I totally see what you mean

4 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I agree. But does someone who is up to date about tik tok knows how they used Criminal or why was it popular? Honestly, one of my least fav song of hers

There were two trends I saw:

1. The more popular one was where people looked up mugshots and found hot guys/girls and used the part about "Mama I'm in love with a criminal" which was...:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

2. People would do makeup and make themselves look like they were beat up (like bruises on the face) and/or were taking mugshots (I guess implying that they had committed a crime) which was...even more :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1