Is Cardi the modern and closest Britney?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I understand why we need to silence some people. 

Hear me out. The influence is real. Let’s start with her newest song Up. It’s very reminiscent of Baby and Oops. Those three catchy piano notes. The simplicity of the word Up. Oops. She also trie

Shes not britney but I see the comparison and I do like cardi so for this I approve this post   Ps I'm drunk

Posted Images

Absolutely not. If anything she's the new Katy Perry; she makes music with no substance that the GP eat up and she's getting tons of #1 hits, but she'll eventually end up in the same spot as Mrs. Perry is now after a few years, although maybe even worse off since  Cardi doesn't strike me as someone who's smart enough to invest in something other than her music career.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Wow, I really know how to stir the pot 😂

Main paged and all? Who would have thought this would cause WW3 :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Its official. Cardi is the new Britney 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Yall really need to relax. I also find it funny that when it’s ok to compare Britney, y’all only compare her to other girls with blonde hair. Like no lol. There will never be another Britney but Cardi’s career has similarities and no matter how mad that makes you, it’s true. Have a lovely day people 😘

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Hear me out. The influence is real.

Let’s start with her newest song Up. It’s very reminiscent of Baby and Oops. Those three catchy piano notes. The simplicity of the word Up. Oops. She also tried it with her other song Money. 

Next up. Her videos. Girl releases great visuals. Britney always released amazing videos. Cardi doesn’t slack. 
Third. Her performances. Her music can be controversial, but even her last performance was next level. It had a lot of people talking like when Britney kissed Madge. 

Fourth, she dances. On Britney’s level? No. Good nonetheless and better with time. 
Fifth, her music. Not as catchy however she knows how to put out bops galore. Yes I know she’s a rapper but genre aside please. That’s the most obvious difference.

Sixth, fashion. Cardi is known for her fashion. She kind of leads in the fashion game and everyone gets her aesthetic.

Seventh, impact/team. Cardi has had a major impact globally and that’s not easy. Her team is great at the moment and where she’s not the best rapper, she sells which leads me to my next point.

Lastly, her personality/charisma. Cardi sells mostly due to this. A lot like Britney. She’s not the best technical artist but she has that it factor.

What do you guys think?cardi-brit.jpg.e2d1edd159fd683807f75fed07fc289c.jpg

Omg noooooooooooooo

Rihanna is a better comparison to Britney (both started at 16 and both had drastic changes in image for 3rd album) but even then I wouldn’t say Rihanna is the new Britney 

These three are in their own separate lanes, no need to say anyone is the new anyone 

19 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Hear me out. The influence is real.

Let’s start with her newest song Up. It’s very reminiscent of Baby and Oops. Those three catchy piano notes. The simplicity of the word Up. Oops. She also tried it with her other song Money. 

Next up. Her videos. Girl releases great visuals. Britney always released amazing videos. Cardi doesn’t slack. 
Third. Her performances. Her music can be controversial, but even her last performance was next level. It had a lot of people talking like when Britney kissed Madge. 

Fourth, she dances. On Britney’s level? No. Good nonetheless and better with time. 
Fifth, her music. Not as catchy however she knows how to put out bops galore. Yes I know she’s a rapper but genre aside please. That’s the most obvious difference.

Sixth, fashion. Cardi is known for her fashion. She kind of leads in the fashion game and everyone gets her aesthetic.

Seventh, impact/team. Cardi has had a major impact globally and that’s not easy. Her team is great at the moment and where she’s not the best rapper, she sells which leads me to my next point.

Lastly, her personality/charisma. Cardi sells mostly due to this. A lot like Britney. She’s not the best technical artist but she has that it factor.

What do you guys think?cardi-brit.jpg.e2d1edd159fd683807f75fed07fc289c.jpg

I see where you’re going with this and there are some similarities for sure but she’s definitely not on the Britney level. At least not yet.  I like Cardi but her recent songs haven’t really captivated me all that much. Brits music (and this is probably me just being bias) hooks me instantly and I can’t get enough. I know “Up” was just number 1 on the charts but I feel like the public’s interest in her is slowing down a bit especially with so many other female rappers popping up. Just my opinion. Could be wrong. I’m starting to see more Meghan the Stallion features and not so many Cardi features though. Either way love them all. Slay on queens. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, nwonder said:

Lies.

We already know Cupcakke is the new Britney and Deep t h r o a t  is this generations BOMT.

:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Yaaaaaaas! Love cupcakke. “Duck duck goose” and “Spider-Man” are amazing as well! I have music playing in my office usually on shuffle and I happened to step away for a few min and I came back to my office and one of her songs were playing and my GM who’s in the office next to me comes over as I’m walking back in and was like ummmm maybe we select some more work appropriate song. 😂 whoopsie 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Michael 1106 said:

I see where you’re going with this and there are some similarities for sure but she’s definitely not on the Britney level. At least not yet.  I like Cardi but her recent songs haven’t really captivated me all that much. Brits music (and this is probably me just being bias) hooks me instantly and I can’t get enough. I know “Up” was just number 1 on the charts but I feel like the public’s interest in her is slowing down a bit especially with so many other female rappers popping up. Just my opinion. Could be wrong. I’m starting to see more Meghan the Stallion features and not so many Cardi features though. Either way love them all. Slay on queens. 

Well thank you sir for a civilized response first and foremost. 
I did mention their music isn’t the same but has common elements like the simplicity of those three piano notes in Up and Baby. 
I do think Cardi has slowed down but honestly she needed to with her new baby and then you add a pandemic into the equation. 
With that said WAP and UP both performed well and where I like Britney’s music better that’s all in taste and not necessarily impact. I do think Cardi is doing big things and especially for a female rapper. She reminds me more of Brit than Nicki tbh. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: and it’s a popular post so more people agree with you :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: out of everyone that has come out and Cardi B is the closest Britney comparison you could come up with? A rapper compared to a pop queen? :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: 

I mean to be quite honest tell me a more impactful pop star at the moment. Rap is it right now and I literally said their genres are very different but otherwise Cardi is doing things. She was also an overnight success. 

10 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Well thank you sir for a civilized response first and foremost. 
I did mention their music isn’t the same but has common elements like the simplicity of those three piano notes in Up and Baby. 
I do think Cardi has slowed down but honestly she needed to with her new baby and then you add a pandemic into the equation. 
With that said WAP and UP both performed well and where I like Britney’s music better that’s all in taste and not necessarily impact. I do think Cardi is doing big things and especially for a female rapper. She reminds me more of Brit than Nicki tbh. 

For sure! I’ve posted some stuff on here before and got torn the F up from people 😂 brush em off boo. Thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts. I actually wasn’t a huge fan of WAP until that slayage at the Grammys. When they did that little lock lock thing while they were laying down. WIG. lol I’m happy for her she was able to take that time off and rest unlike Brit the “race horse” or whatever Jamie called her 🙄 

• Love 2