Pink mentions Britney in the making of the Lady Marmalade video

21 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

Britney's too sweet and not sassy enough.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I will never realize why Britney wasn't invited into this song tbh? Like, she was THE *** symbol of those times :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I mean the song is still iconic, but it would be 10 times more if Britney had participated. Idk, it just feels like a weird decision to not have the biggest star of the moment into a strong song lol 

Who would you remove from the song? I'd personally give Pink Xtinas parts (since she wanted them anyway) and Give Britney Pinks parts. 

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Who would you remove from the song? I'd personally give Pink Xtinas parts (since she wanted them anyway) and Give Britney Pinks parts. 

I'd remove one of the rappers tbh, 3 is more than enough :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

Britney doesn't have a voice for that song. She would feel out of place. Unless she didn't sing it in breathy baby voice.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Mya literally emulated Britney's vocals on the song?

The real reason is that they didn't have enough money to get Britney on the track.

True she emulated Britney, I believe Britney could have fit there. BUT I actually loved that Britney remained iconic, and only did a real collab "feat" with Rihanna until 2011

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

It’s been said on interviews the producers wanted “strong vocalists”.  :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

But really, I think it was more of a scheduling thing. Can’t all be about the belts. Range is just one aspect of vocal agility. Notice how Mya complements the others so well. She sweetens up the very strong (very loud) P!nk and Christina. With the theme and the dancing, B would’ve been stellar. She must’ve been offered at some point. Like Tilt Ya Head Back, for example. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 5
  • Like 4