New Conservatorship laws could be coming into place

9 hours ago, neverover said:

Any lawyer can chime in on how long this usually take to be legalized?

Im a lawyer though not from the US, what I can say is that this is a legislative procedureΒ that will probably have to be approved by a comittee overseeing the subject and then voted and approved by a majority of the state legislature. There are bills that can be approved very quickly depending on the urgency of the matter and there are bills that can take years. What could help it goes faster are California fans and citizens calling their state representatives and stating they disconfort with the current system and abuses.Β 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Im a lawyer though not from the US, what I can say is that this is a legislative procedureΒ that will probably have to be approved by a comittee overseeing the subject and then voted and approved by a majority of the state legislature. There are bills that can be approved very quickly depending on the urgency of the matter and there are bills that can take years. What could help it goes faster are California fans and citizens calling their state representatives and stating they disconfort with the current system and abuses.Β 

@Jordan Millermaybe we could put a quick link in the forum or pinned thread on how to contact state representatives to push this law faster.Β I mean we have a pop up for streaming Britney’s music, maybe we can do the same for signing in the official petition or something? One of California residence, one of other states, and the other for international fans if there’s any. What do you think?

16 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

First changing the paparazzi laws, then the conservatorship laws. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

It's really incredible, and although I can sometimes be pessimistic about these things, I am genuinely surprised in the best way that this progress is being made.Β  It just goes to show; you always have to stay the course and fight for what is right, and you never know what amazing things can happen along the journey.