Gaga's bassist comes out as homophobic jerk, slams Lil Nas X's new video

59 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I think am paying attention to what you're saying which was why my response mentioned this part: "Please explain what you mean by "aggression" because while it's not ideal, If Little Monsters wanna express their natural frustration that someone who works for Gaga says this then let them be however I also see just as much LMs who are trying to explain why his comment isn't alright to him" Just because I brought up how people are trying to challenge him doesn't mean I think you don't agree with it wink wink

You just said "but there's a difference between calling someone out and acting on anger and cyberbullying and "ruining his life" but I don't see anyone cyberbullying him in the LM responses in the OP but what I do see is expression of natural frustration and some trying to educate him (although often it's not black and white and both would happen). Educated or not if he can spit out something like this in the first place then he better get ready to face the consequences and his original video had a very unpleasant tone.

I'm not gonna go in about my ethnicity but yes I'm a POC and I understand what you're saying about his potential upbringing and many of Little Monsters have been taking that into account. But regardless of his upbringing LGBTQIA+ LMs can still be mad/angry/frustrated at him if they are because they faced that discrimination their whole life, their tired and especially don't have patience to see someone like that in Gaga's team, and also they shouldn't be required to educate him if they don't want to, just like how a Black person shouldn't be obligated to educate a White person on why something is racist. However again there are many LMs who have been trying to educate him and understand his potential upbringing yet similar to what you're saying many people take time to grow, his new explanation didn't help his situation amongst LM's frustration, and it doesn't matter if he might have a career somewhere else, if even Gaga eventually tries to heal him and he isn't able to grow, then I'm sorry but he's a lost cause and LMs aren't gonna have the patience nor the compassion for someone like that on Gaga's team malicious or not, LMs are gonna want him gone because they don't wanna see someone who holds that belief and their reason for that want is valid. Also in terms of "ruining life", I don't see any LMs trying to ruin his life, while I'm sure there are those out there who don't wanna see him succeed in life with that belief including me, the main thing LMs want is for him to get out of specifically Gaga's team. 

@Invitation Probably can explain it better than me

You are reiterating points that I've already agreed with. Therefore you're not actually paying attention, but more fixated on two sentences I've written.

My points can be taken into context whether it's specifically on the thread you're referring to, or the conversation on this specific post. From the comments that I have read on this situation, wherever they may be, my points still stand.

You can't force people to see things your way (not aimed at you, talking generally), and people disagreeing doesn't mean they stand firmly on the other end. Yes we can condemn words and yes it's right for him to be no longer part of Gaga's team. I've agreed with this twice. What is wrong is to form an entire ideology on someone through one video, which was done in bad taste, but in the grand scheme of things isn't the most offensive. We have a tendency to think our way of thinking is the only way and unfortunately it's not. LM aren't the only group of people in the world that have experienced prejudice and discrimination.

At this point, we've come to a middle ground of agreeing on the same points so I don't think there's much left to discuss. But in terms of the rest, whether you choose to see it or not, there are people out for blood, further than him being out of Gaga's band, and that doesn't sit well with me.

1 hour ago, BabyBabyBay said:

What is wrong is to form an entire ideology on someone through one video, which was done in bad taste, but in the grand scheme of things isn't the most offensive. We have a tendency to think our way of thinking is the only way and unfortunately it's not. LM aren't the only group of people in the world that have experienced prejudice and discrimination.

At this point, we've come to a middle ground of agreeing on the same points so I don't think there's much left to discuss. But in terms of the rest, whether you choose to see it or not, there are people out for blood, further than him being out of Gaga's band, and that doesn't sit well with me.

I'm sorry for reiterating points that you've already agreed with. Therefore it's not that I'm not paying attention, but rather confused and thus fixated on two sentences you've written which I'm also confused on.

I think everyone can agree that you can't force people to see things your way. Him saying "preference" and "orientation" might not be the most offensive to you (I'm not saying you're saying it's not offensive of course) but regardless it's still offensive to many which leads to LMs response and leads to his response and his response wasn't helpful thus why we're here. Our way of thinking is not the only way of thinking obviously but that does not exempt him from being called a homophobe and his responses did not help his mess., is that what you're trying to say when you say the term ideology? 

"But in terms of the rest, whether you choose to see it or not, there are people out for blood, further than him being out of Gaga's band, and that doesn't sit well with me."

I don't doubt there are people out for blood but I'm just very confused as to why exactly you brought this up though in the first place when the majority aren't exactly doing that at least shown in this thread. If you brought it up to try and tie in with the idea that not everyone thinks the same and thus people should not take that mile, then I agree. However the only mile I'm seeing people going is getting him fired by Gags but other than that even if there's someone going the extra mile, there are millions of LMs, is it really surprising? That's their problem (and if they're mad then I wouldn't blame them) but at the end of the day there are still more LMs trying to educate him which outweigh the "out for blood" people who are only a small part in this situation

I'm glad we can agree though 

This disgust people have of us is so gross. Not only is it hypocritical, its cause for us to double down. 

I'm proud of lil nas x for doing this and coming out :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:. artists who come out run the risk of fading away.  It's not easy trying to hide your artistry or censoring it for people who are scared of an agenda. :flop_britney_candies:

Makes me think twice about the people using the word agenda. Is it working because we need more tops.:jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

Moral of the story, you are all beautiful creatures. 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, Korb said:

It never ceases to amaze watching the gay uncle toms of exhale shill for and defend blatant homophobia and write it off as a simple "difference of opinion". Embarrassing.:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

This man is a clear homophobe and even used the homophobe's favorite dog whistle/buzz word "agenda". He literally has a problem with the video because of Lil Nas' "***ual preference". His actual words in the video.

Straight people literally be making out and humping each in their videos and talking about getting laid all the time but when a gay does it we have to make a reaction video and be outraged by the ***ual content but it has nothing to do with homophobia right? Keep that same energy for ALL the straights, sweetie. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Not gay uncle toms :hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle::tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe::tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle::hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao::shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block