Gaga's bassist comes out as homophobic jerk, slams Lil Nas X's new video

21 hours ago, femmepop said:

seems more puritanical than homophobic? idk seems like he's asking a bigger question about ***uality and identity politics?

you know it's perfectly normal for adults to have nuanced opinions about things.

Agreed. BASED ON THE VIDEO FROM HIM ALONE - He’s not saying anything negative towards *******uals/etc. He’s talking about the ***uality themes we see pushed over and over....& he just wants to know why. People are allowed to wonder why. I dunno why having a thought or a question equates to hate. People are programmed to attack each other & it’s really sad. More people should open their minds. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ExXL said:

how is this homophobic ? I liked Lil Nas' video btw , but I don't think that bassist said something homophobic......

Because now he comes up with "Has everything to be ***ual?", when a gay guy does it and of course the video tells a story about homophobia in the society. 

But he doesn't raise an eyebrow with Gagas songs? Lovegame? She killed her boyfriend in Paparazzi, a whole restaurant in Telephone, no big deal. 

*** sells, that's why! 

And tbh, pop has a lot of "controversial" stuff, like: 

He doesn't like the song? Okay! But that's not his message. 

18 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Because now he comes up with "Has everything to be ***ual?", when a gay guy does it and of course the video tells a story about homophobia in the society. 

But he doesn't raise an eyebrow with Gagas songs? Lovegame? She killed her boyfriend in Paparazzi, a whole restaurant in Telephone, no big deal. 

*** sells, that's why! 

And tbh, pop has a lot of "controversial" stuff, like: 

He doesn't like the song? Okay! But that's not his message. 

He was talking about ***uality in general , but whatever some people just seek drama and to be offended by anything so have fun with that.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ExXL said:

He was talking about ***uality in general , but whatever some people just seek drama and to be offended by anything so have fun with that.....

Yeah, that's my whole point, he is basically saying: 

Do it, but not in front of my own eyes

Keep it private, don't make a big deal out of it

(btw. straight people do it everyday! One example: saying something about their children.)

which is of course homophobic

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

People used to say things like that about gay people, it's a shame you're no better than them tbh. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other. You don't bully homophobes and cancel their careers. Not all us gays are militant woke warriors some of us accept other people have DIFFERENT VIEWS and that's their right. Obviously someone like Gaga who loves the gay dollar will have to take action for fear of being cancelled herself but I hate how opinions are now dictated by a loud minority who think they own the world. 

Do you even understand what you're saying? Freedom of opinion/speech being used to cover up homophobia for decades IS what has said us back and denied people of their rights for so long. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
5 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

People used to say things like that about gay people, it's a shame you're no better than them tbh. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other. You don't bully homophobes and cancel their careers. Not all us gays are militant woke warriors some of us accept other people have DIFFERENT VIEWS and that's their right. Obviously someone like Gaga who loves the gay dollar will have to take action for fear of being cancelled herself but I hate how opinions are now dictated by a loud minority who think they own the world. 

*******uality is still based on relationship between 2 people (love) while homophobia is based on hate against an entire community. It's a shame you see these 2 as equal. 

People used to say women couldn't vote as well, and through progression, they thankfully have a voice in the society although it is still not treated equally as men atm. Without these 'woke warriors' in the past that paved the way for you, you wouldn't even be able to walk out of the street saying words like 'us gays', so :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Lady Gaga is a businesswoman. And all businesses have a brand and will hire people that fit with their core values. If Gaga's core value is based on love for the queer community, this guy's clearly doesn't fit in with hers. Multinational companies won't also want a homophobe to represent their image. It's called marketing. If you feel so strongly about these people just having 'DIFFERENT VIEWS', feel free to unite them + racists + ***ists and create a company of your own. Maybe you will attract the same kind of customers :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

@MX3 This also goes out to you.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, ExXL said:

how is this homophobic ? I liked Lil Nas' video btw , but I don't think that bassist said something homophobic......

Did you watch the video and listen to his words? His initial complaint was about him asking why Lil Nas made his s3xual preference so prevalent in his video.

That was a direct comment about him stressing he's gay in his video. He caught the backlash and corrected himself with later comments, saying it's about music being hypers3xual nowadays.

Firstly, I would never hire, be friends with, associate with, anyone who was homophobic. I think they are the absolute scum of the earth. If I was lady gaga I would def find a new bassist as he does not fit with her values. 

my issue with this is I don't necc think every ignorant soul deserves to be given a platform. or that people should be offended by every person with offensive opinions. Particularly if they don't have any power over anyone. cause thats a lot of people!!!!! 

I also believe people have the ability to change their opinions. I had a bf who didn't believe gays had the right to marry based on his religion. I was appalled and my mom was patient, explaining why someone would have that view. and he changed that opinion eventually as he grew - and it didn't take that long either.  my 9 year old nephew thinks he's an anti-masker. Some people don't understand the full weight of their opinions and what they mean until they do some reflecting. I hope this guy does. 

I was called out in this thread for 'liking' a post with a view questioning cancel culture. I would just like to say I frequently 'like' posts even if they contradict each other - if they make me laugh, if they make me think/consider something, or if they are just well articulated. I should not have to defend that either but here we are. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Did you watch the video and listen to his words? His initial complaint was about him asking why Lil Nas made his s3xual preference so prevalent in his video.

That was a direct comment about him stressing he's gay in his video. He caught the backlash and corrected himself with later comments, saying it's about music being hypers3xual nowadays.

Yeah , and I got the point , Still haven't found anything homophobic in what he says , he comes off ignorant and narrow minded yeah , I would do better things with my time for sure , but it's not really homophobic , just petty and ignorant.....

6 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Do you even understand what you're saying? Freedom of opinion/speech being used to cover up homophobia for decades IS what has said us back and denied people of their rights for so long. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

6 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I mean it's literally impossible to have a big pop-music career and be homophobic. 

Rap was always the exception. 

Popmusic is always about pushing boundaries, from Cher to Madonna to Lady Gaga and so many other. 

The song itself is not even that ***ual, it's about judgement from other people and he has all the rights to making fun of them with the hell-video. 

But this man seems afraid of that topic, it's not about ***, the video makes people uncomfortable and that's good! As it should! 

But no one would say this with a straightgirl, just sayin'. 

@Godney'sSweetCheeks "Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other." 

Except homophobia should not be considered an opinion nor become the norm. 

You're saying "DIFFERENT VIEWS" and in this case it is homophobia and he is being rightfully called out for it.

As @Hooked-On-Knee said: "Freedom of opinion/speech being used to cover up homophobia for decades IS what has said us back and denied people of their rights for so long."

Also you said "fear of being cancelled herself" but no, Gaga would take action because it's completely disrespectful and goes against her morals to work with someone that thinks like that when she's an LGBTQIA+ member herself and is a family to many LGBTQ+ people in her circle and fans. 

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
29 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

@Godney'sSweetCheeks "Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other." 

Except homophobia should not be considered an opinion nor become the norm. 

You're saying "DIFFERENT VIEWS" and in this case it is homophobia and he is being rightfully called out for it.

As @Hooked-On-Knee said: "Freedom of opinion/speech being used to cover up homophobia for decades IS what has said us back and denied people of their rights for so long."

Also you said "fear of being cancelled herself" but no, Gaga would take action because it's completely disrespectful and goes against her morals to work with someone that thinks like that when she's an LGBTQIA+ member herself and is a family to many LGBTQ+ people in her circle and fans. 

Someone has problems with someone showing off their gay ***ual preference, but sure they are not homophobic according to some people here :surejan:. I don't care whether they're straight or not.

I'm sure Gaga will take action because she can't have that represent her. I do feel bad for her because this is totally not her fault at all, and I hope people won't associate that with her. She's done a lot for the community.

• Love 1

As someone who has not had a good relationship with the gay community, I can see how aggressive some of you come off.

You can defend your right to express yourselves without aggression and bullying.

Hurt people hurt people and it's fighting fire with fire.

His comments do seem completely out of line, but I don't see any malice in them comments and we're still torn between two worlds. The younger generation have been exposed to more openness with *******uality, which is amazing but something I think a lot of us older (ew) people didn't get a chance to see.

Some people will never agree with *******uality, period. I've had conversations with these people where it's not a hostile or malicious environment. Their intentions aren't always malicious, and that's important to realise. People can disagree with things wihout meaning harm, you move on. Not every opinion matters.

It's something you have to accept and not overload your emotions every time someone disagrees with your perception and your way of life. Otherwise you're gonna age like milk and we too pretty for that.

On the other hand, him being involved with an LGBT star like Gaga isn't a good look for her brand, as much as he's just a paid musician, which he is.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, BabyBabyBay said:

As someone who has not had a good relationship with the gay community, I can see how aggressive some of you come off.

You can defend your right to express yourselves without aggression and bullying.

Hurt people hurt people and it's fighting fire with fire.

His comments do seem completely out of line, but I don't see any malice in them comments and we're still torn between two worlds. The younger generation have been exposed to more openness with *******uality, which is amazing but something I think a lot of us older (ew) people didn't get a chance to see.

Some people will never agree with *******uality, period. I've had conversations with these people where it's not a hostile or malicious environment. Their intentions aren't always malicious, and that's important to realise. People can disagree with things wihout meaning harm, you move on. Not every opinion matters.

It's something you have to accept and not overload your emotions every time someone disagrees with your perception and your way of life. Otherwise you're gonna age like milk and we too pretty for that.

On the other hand, him being involved with an LGBT star like Gaga isn't a good look for her brand, as much as he's just a paid musician, which he is.

What I'm seeing is Little Monsters trying to hold him accountable. Please explain what you mean by "aggression" because while it's not ideal, If Little Monsters wanna express their frustration that someone who works for Gaga says this then let them be however I also see just as much LMs who are trying to explain why his comment isn't alright to him. Some people will never agree with ***uality but some people can also eventually grow to agree with it so how would he have the potential to understand if no one calls him out? 

The back and forth in this thread is because of how some users are trying to pass off what he said as an opinion (and how they seem to have a problem with him being called out) however such thing like homophobia should not be considered as an opinion nor become the norm. What makes it even worse is that he works for an LGBTQ+ star aka Gaga and majority of LMs who are LGBTQ+ are obviously not gonna be happy and want some action done regarding him working for her.

Do you see why Little Monsters would be annoyed? It's like if someone from Britney's team said something misogynist when they work for a female.

@Invitation

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
6 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

What I'm seeing is Little Monsters trying to hold him accountable. Please explain what you mean by "aggression" because while it's not ideal, If Little Monsters wanna express their frustration that someone who works for Gaga says this then let them be however I also see just as much LMs who are trying to explain why his comment isn't alright to him. Some people will never agree with ***uality but some people can also eventually grow to agree with it so how would he have the potential to understand if no one calls him out? 

The back and forth in this thread is because of how some users are trying to pass off what he said as an opinion however such thing like homophobia should not be considered as an opinion nor become the norm. What makes it even worse is that he works for an LGBTQ+ star aka Gaga and majority of LMs who are LGBTQ+ are obviously not gonna be happy and want some action done regarding him working for her.

Do you see why Little Monsters would be annoyed? It's like if someone from Britney's team said something misogynist when they work for a female.

@Invitation

I’m not sure why homos3xual people need to seek approval from others, or why they need others to agree with their existence.

In other words, do gay people have the power to disagree with hetero***uality or say straight people can’t show off their love in public?

I don’t know why just because someone is gay, they have to accept judgment / disapproval of others. 

I guess we just have to agree to disagree with of the users here.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

The back and forth in this thread is because of how some users are trying to pass off what he said as an opinion (and how they seem to have a problem with him being called out) however such thing like homophobia should not be considered as an opinion nor become the norm. What makes it even worse is that he works for an LGBTQ+ star aka Gaga and majority of LMs who are LGBTQ+ are obviously not gonna be happy and want some action done regarding him working for her.

@Invitation

I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. Not at any point have I claimed that people shouldn't challenge what he's said, but there's a difference between calling someone out and acting on anger and cyberbullying and "ruining his life". People aren't open to being challenged if you're being just as malicious. I do commend the people trying to reason with him though, and good on them.

I think most people here are in agreement that working for the likes of Gaga isn't in his best interests, and he should be removed. That doesn't mean he can't work elsewhere. If people like Morgan Wallen can still have a career (because let's be real, he will bounce back) after using disgusting explicit remarks, so can this man.

Out of curiosity, what is your ethnicity?

Because while your idealistic approach is great, some cultures are simply still behind. It takes generations to undo those traditions that are drilled in. Perhaps this is where systemic racism comes in because people aren't willing to give a black man compassion for his background and upbringing than they are a white man.

I see a lot more acceptance in white communities than I do in asian and black. So for many white people acceptance is now just a given. So many of my POC LGBT friends have had issues with acceptance, amongst close relatives. So some have to live with the fact that we live in a world where half the people still aren't in agreement.

People don't know what they don't know. Educate them, don't villainise them.

5 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. Not at any point have I claimed that people shouldn't challenge what he's said, but there's a difference between calling someone out and acting on anger and cyberbullying and "ruining his life". People aren't open to being challenged if you're being just as malicious. I do commend the people trying to reason with him though, and good on them.

I think most people here are in agreement that working for the likes of Gaga isn't in his best interests, and he should be removed. That doesn't mean he can't work elsewhere. If people like Morgan Wallen can still have a career (because let's be real, he will bounce back) after using disgusting explicit remarks, so can this man.

Out of curiosity, what is your ethnicity?

Because while your idealistic approach is great, some cultures are simply still behind. It takes generations to undo those traditions that are drilled in. Perhaps this is where systemic racism comes in because people aren't willing to give a black man compassion for his background and upbringing than they are a white man.

I see a lot more acceptance in white communities than I do in asian and black. So for many white people acceptance is now just a given. So many of my POC LGBT friends have had issues with acceptance, amongst close relatives. So some have to live with the fact that we live in a world where half the people still aren't in agreement.

People don't know what they don't know. Educate them, don't villainise them.

I think am paying attention to what you're saying which was why my response mentioned this part: "Please explain what you mean by "aggression" because while it's not ideal, If Little Monsters wanna express their natural frustration that someone who works for Gaga says this then let them be however I also see just as much LMs who are trying to explain why his comment isn't alright to him" Just because I brought up how people are trying to challenge him doesn't mean I think you don't agree with it wink wink

You just said "but there's a difference between calling someone out and acting on anger and cyberbullying and "ruining his life" but I don't see anyone cyberbullying him in the LM responses in the OP but what I do see is expression of natural frustration and some trying to educate him (although often it's not black and white and both would happen). Educated or not if he can spit out something like this in the first place then he better get ready to face the consequences and his original video had a very unpleasant tone.

I'm not gonna go in about my ethnicity but yes I'm a POC and I understand what you're saying about his potential upbringing and many of Little Monsters have been taking that into account. But regardless of his upbringing LGBTQIA+ LMs can still be mad/angry/frustrated at him if they are because they faced that discrimination their whole life, their tired and especially don't have patience to see someone like that in Gaga's team, and also they shouldn't be required to educate him if they don't want to, just like how a Black person shouldn't be obligated to educate a White person on why something is racist. However again there are many LMs who have been trying to educate him and understand his potential upbringing yet similar to what you're saying many people take time to grow, his new explanation didn't help his situation amongst LM's frustration, and it doesn't matter if he might have a career somewhere else, if even Gaga eventually tries to heal him and he isn't able to grow, then I'm sorry but he's a lost cause and LMs aren't gonna have the patience nor the compassion for someone like that on Gaga's team malicious or not, LMs are gonna want him gone because they don't wanna see someone who holds that belief and their reason for that want is valid. Also in terms of "ruining life", I don't see any LMs trying to ruin his life, while I'm sure there are those out there who don't wanna see him succeed in life with that belief including me, the main thing LMs want is for him to get out of specifically Gaga's team. 

@Invitation Probably can explain it better than me

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block