Gaga's bassist comes out as homophobic jerk, slams Lil Nas X's new video

4 hours ago, Peanut said:

Well, he's right about everything being about ***. It's like everyone wants to be identified about how ***ual they are/ what they like ***ually! Is that all they got to them? Well, I feel bad for them...

4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I dont blame him about criticizing that todays music is hyper***ual, its true. 99% of music is literally only about ***. I dont mind this in general, i like bopping to it and feeling fierce, but did they overdo it? Hell yes. Its difficult to find good music with actual life topics. This is why people like Taylor, shes legit the only mainstream artist who doesnt sing about 69, or oral, or *****es and *******s. Same goes for Adele. 

As for the rest of his statements, hes just a homophobe.

3 hours ago, pieceofphilipp said:

Seeing a barely clothed man giving a lapdance to "the devil" is problematic for some People.

I'm not saying he's right, I'll just say I wondered if the presentation of the video was the most artistic it could have been put as in my opinion the over***ualization diminishes the meaning of the song. And I would have (and have for some time) said that if it was a female artist.

On the other hand I'm here for unapologetic artists who break boundaries.

Guess I'm torn. I can understand parts of what he might have tried to say, but you can't deny there where severe deafening bits of homophobia layed out there in plain sight which where in bad taste.

2 hours ago, femmepop said:

seems more puritanical than homophobic? idk seems like he's asking a bigger question about ***uality and identity politics?

you know it's perfectly normal for adults to have nuanced opinions about things.

2 hours ago, davidspears said:

I don't think its homophobia.

He is just questioning why we have to rely so much on *** these days. The same could be said in a Cardi B video.

I personally don't mind the video, I think Lil Nas X is quite hot.

Guys re-listen to what he said. He's "backtracking" now saying he didn't say the word "gay" or anything like that and just saying he's tried of s3x in music but in the original video he clearly said "s3xual PREFERENCE" and "s3xual ORIENTATION" meaning he is trying to say how Lil Nas X is pushing the "gay agenda" except it's Lil Nas X just expressing his homos3xual himself the way he wants. You could say the MV was hypers3xual and that mainstream music is now hypers3xual but when was the last time we had a gay charting Black male artist do something even remotely s3xual or open like this? Not something you see often right? So it's obvious with the terms like preference and orientation the bassist used he has a problem with the hypers3xuality this time coming from a gay male artist. 

As someone said: "It shouldn’t take anyone any mental effort to be able to figure out the hypocrisy in with what the [bassist] said. We see male and female s3x stuff all the time in music videos, but the ONE time we see it with same s3x people (especially homos3xual MEN) suddenly its an issue. Not only that, but the guys specifically says “s3xual preference”, which is in 99% of everything."

"He claimed that Lil Nas is pushing a "gay agenda" with his video. How is it that every other rapper with females in their videos aren't pushing a straight agenda?"

Also like @Urbanney said: "suddenly everyone hates showing s3xuality in music/videos because it's now a gay guy doing it"

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

Here come the cancel police. Everyone take a deep breath. Opinions are opinions, don't let yourself be offended by them. Repeat after me "I am not a victim. Water off a duck's back."

And here comes the Exhale "cancel police" police! He's clearly being homophobic using terms like "s3xual PREFERENCE" and "s3xual ORIENTATION" and his liked tweets, let him be held accountable as he should.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Re-listen to what he said. He's backtracking now in the DMs saying he didn't say the word "gay" or anything but in the video he clearly said "s3xual PREFERENCE" and "s3xual ORIENTATION" meaning he is trying to say how Lil Nas X is pushing the "gay agenda" except it's Lil Nas X just expressing his homos3xual himself the way he wants. 

As someone said: "It shouldn’t take anyone any mental effort to be able to figure out the hypocrisy in with what the [bassist] said. We see male and female s3x stuff all the time in music videos, but the ONE time we see it with same s3x people (especially homos3xual MEN) suddenly its an issue. Not only that, but the guys specifically says “s3xual preference”, which is in 99% of everything."

"He claimed that Lil Nas is pushing a "gay agenda" with his video

How is it that every other rapper with females in their videos aren't pushing a straight agenda?"

you're right, I should relisten. maybe I am hearing what I want to hear.

BUT I just feel like we get nowhere as a society if all we do is demonize people who speak out of line and demand that they get fired. using these heavy weighted words like homophobic, racist, terrorist etc. is not helpful.

not everyone is that "woke" yet. People's minds open in their own time (or maybe never) Maybe he grew up in a conservative home? maybe he's repressed? maybe he just doesn't know any better? someone needs to have a conversation with him and genuinely ask why he feels the way he does

harassing people doesn't challenge people and help them grow. ✌️✌️✌️

• Love 4
  • Like 3
51 minutes ago, femmepop said:

you're right, I should relisten. maybe I am hearing what I want to hear.

BUT I just feel like we get nowhere as a society if all we do is demonize people who speak out of line and demand that they get fired. using these heavy weighted words like homophobic, racist, terrorist etc. is not helpful.

not everyone is that "woke" yet. People's minds open in their own time (or maybe never) Maybe he grew up in a conservative home? maybe he's repressed? maybe he just doesn't know any better? someone needs to have a conversation with him and genuinely ask why he feels the way he does

harassing people doesn't challenge people and help them grow. ✌️✌️✌️

You have a point but it's still important to point out the bigotry and call it what it is with no sugarcoating: homophobia. If he can dish out a form of hatred such as homophobia then he better be prepared to take and it's important he is aware that what he's saying is homophobic therefore that will be the word used. You can help a person grow and still call them homophobic.

Harassing is not ideal, but when people are part of a community/group that has been discriminated throughout history, then they have the right to have a mad responses or be impatient whether that be harassing, etc. because they're tired of the bs when it comes to these discriminatory stuff. What makes it worse is that he "works" with Gaga who is an LGBTQ+ member and advocates for the community throughout her whole career, so LMs are obviously going to be annoyed and not have the patience. 

In addition, I've seen many LMs trying to educate him and his response is still a mess (implying how Gaga is just a job to him). Also Gaga definitely has that healing magic so if she or her team isn't able to help him grow, then sorry but he's a lost cause and needs to be fired. That should teach him a lesson.

Like someone said which isn't directed at you but could be applied to many others especially on Exhale:

"What I find so ******* ridiculous is that things like homophobia and transphobia are all of a sudden just "opinions."

I don't know if you guys have noticed this—and this might be difficult to explain, so bear with me—but I've noticed that on social media over the past few years (especially Twitter or Instagram) that it seems like making off-handed homophobic, transphobic, racist, ***ist, etc., comments are just sort of like..the norm...just for the sake of being "anti-woke" or "anti-PC". Does that make sense to anyone?

Like, you'll go on Instagram about a post that vaguely deals with social issues and in the comments, you'll have people playing devil's advocate just for the sake of it because, "Oh, look at me. I'm edgy and cool for making a vaguely racist, homophobic, ***ist, etc. statement just to look like I have a different opinion from everyone else because they're all snowflakes and I'm not."

What he's saying about "Oh, well it's just my opinion" is him just trying to justify his own bigotry and it's so ******* annoying when people do that ****."

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
10 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I dont blame him about criticizing that todays music is hyper***ual, its true. 99% of music is literally only about ***. I dont mind this in general, i like bopping to it and feeling fierce, but did they overdo it? Hell yes. Its difficult to find good music with actual life topics. This is why people like Taylor, shes legit the only mainstream artist who doesnt sing about 69, or oral, or *****es and *******s. Same goes for Adele. 

As for the rest of his statements, hes just a homophobe.

He's obviously backtracking when he said he only hated hyper***ual music.

In his video, he said he did not understand why Lil Nas' ***ual preference was so prevalent in the video. How is that not a homophobic comment right from the get go?

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
8 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

And here comes the Exhale "cancel police" police! He's clearly being homophobic using terms like "s3xual PREFERENCE" and "s3xual ORIENTATION" and his liked tweets, let him be held accountable as he should.

lol I'm surprised @ how almost everyone in this thread chose to ignore what came out of his mouth once they heard he's about to be cancelled.

• Like 2

I think that tweet about gay couples in a gym is more offensive than his comment on the music video. 

What even is his point? If you’re gay and in a relationship you shouldn’t be allowed in a gym? That’s some real homophobic ish right there..

Anyways if you don’t like ***ual music don’t listen to it. There are plenty of music that’s not about ***. The fact that we are in 2021 and *** is still a stigma is laughable. IMO hyper***ualized music is very necessary for ***ual liberation. Stop demonizing ***. 

2 hours ago, Invitation said:

He's obviously backtracking when he said he only hated hyper***ual music.

In his video, he said he did not understand why Lil Nas' ***ual preference was so prevalent in the video. How is that not a homophobic comment right from the get go?

2 hours ago, Invitation said:

lol I'm surprised @ how almost everyone in this thread chose to ignore what came out of his mouth once they heard he's about to be cancelled.

Thank you! He's trying to backtrack now saying how he didn't say the word "gay" and that his opinion is that he's tired of *** in music, so then why did you use the words "s3xual PREFERENCE" and "s3xual ORIENTATION" in your original video?!

No offense to other users but I swear to god every time someone gets held accountable or called out so many Exhalers will run to the threads either defending them, complaining about cancel culture, how stuff like homophobia and etc. are an opinion, the list goes on. So many Exhalers complain about people being quick to get cancelled when they're the ones who are quick to whine and complain about people getting held accountable and often they don't even understand why the person is getting called out to begin with. Just like how people should wait for more context before they "cancel" someone, many of y'all should also understand the context before complaining about people being "cancelled".

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Gen Z is gonna be on blood pressure meds by 25 if y'all keep letting every little opinion trigger yall

52tfh6.gif

Like someone said which could be applied to many others especially on Exhale:

"What I find so ******* ridiculous is that things like homophobia and transphobia are all of a sudden just "opinions."

I don't know if you guys have noticed this—and this might be difficult to explain, so bear with me—but I've noticed that on social media over the past few years (especially Twitter or Instagram) that it seems like making off-handed homophobic, transphobic, racist, ***ist, etc., comments are just sort of like..the norm...just for the sake of being "anti-woke" or "anti-PC". Does that make sense to anyone?

Like, you'll go on Instagram about a post that vaguely deals with social issues and in the comments, you'll have people playing devil's advocate just for the sake of it because, "Oh, look at me. I'm edgy and cool for making a vaguely racist, homophobic, ***ist, etc. statement just to look like I have a different opinion from everyone else because they're all snowflakes and I'm not."

What he's saying about "Oh, well it's just my opinion" is him just trying to justify his own bigotry and it's so ******* annoying when people do that ****."

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Invitation said:

Homophobes don't deserve a career so :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

People used to say things like that about gay people, it's a shame you're no better than them tbh. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other. You don't bully homophobes and cancel their careers. Not all us gays are militant woke warriors some of us accept other people have DIFFERENT VIEWS and that's their right. Obviously someone like Gaga who loves the gay dollar will have to take action for fear of being cancelled herself but I hate how opinions are now dictated by a loud minority who think they own the world. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

People used to say things like that about gay people, it's a shame you're no better than them tbh. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Homophobia vs hatred of freedom of opinion/speech = as bad as each other. You don't bully homophobes and cancel their careers. Not all us gays are militant woke warriors some of us accept other people have DIFFERENT VIEWS and that's their right. Obviously someone like Gaga who loves the gay dollar will have to take action for fear of being cancelled herself but I hate how opinions are now dictated by a loud minority who think they own the world. 

I mean it's literally impossible to have a big pop-music career and be homophobic. 

Rap was always the exception. 

Popmusic is always about pushing boundaries, from Cher to Madonna to Lady Gaga and so many other. 

The song itself is not even that ***ual, it's about judgement from other people and he has all the rights to making fun of them with the hell-video. 

But this man seems afraid of that topic, it's not about ***, the video makes people uncomfortable and that's good! As it should! 

But no one would say this with a straightgirl, just sayin'. 

It never ceases to amaze watching the gay uncle toms of exhale shill for and defend blatant homophobia and write it off as a simple "difference of opinion". Embarrassing.:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

This man is a clear homophobe and even used the homophobe's favorite dog whistle/buzz word "agenda". He literally has a problem with the video because of Lil Nas' "***ual preference". His actual words in the video.

Straight people literally be making out and humping each in their videos and talking about getting laid all the time but when a gay does it we have to make a reaction video and be outraged by the ***ual content but it has nothing to do with homophobia right? Keep that same energy for ALL the straights, sweetie. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 4

22 minutes ago, Korb said:

It never ceases to amaze watching the gay uncle toms of exhale shill for and defend blatant homophobia and write it off as a simple "difference of opinion". Embarrassing.:mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

This man is a clear homophobe and even used the homophobe's favorite dog whistle/buzz word "agenda". He literally has a problem with the video because of Lil Nas' "***ual preference". His actual words in the video.

Straight people literally be making out and humping each in their videos and talking about getting laid all the time but when a gay does it we have to make a reaction video and be outraged by the ***ual content but it has nothing to do with homophobia right? Keep that same energy for ALL the straights, sweetie. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Thank you! As i said, we are not here to entertain only straight people, you don't think its arousing? Fine, that's me when i watch tv-shows all the time, but that doesn't mean i have to be a special ******* about it. 

Like someone had to do it! From Boy Georges androgynous looks (saw some old shows, they acted like he is from another planet), to some sidekick characters in movies to dancers in the music industry, but don't you dare to take the spotlight for yourself. :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block