One Year Ago Dua Lipa Releases Future Nostalgia: Celebrating the Best Pop Vocal Album of 2020

Hello Exhale,

It’s your resident Dua stan here and we are here to celebrate a year of Future Nostalgia. 

A year ago Dua Lipa received her highly anticipated sophomore album, Future Nostalgia. Released a week earlier than anticipated because of leaks, Dua made the bold move doing so. It was instantly praised for its quality and addicting pop songs and quickly made Dua one of the most streamed acts on Spotify for over a year. The album recently achieved a new peak on the Billboard 200 and has reached the peak in many countries. A year later, it continues to be the most streamed album on Spotify for over a month proving that Dua is here to stay. 

Sound off on your favorite single, favorite non single, favorite performance, interview, whatever moment of this incredible era below. 

Open up Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube or put on your vinyl, CD, iTunes or cassette and play this cultural reset album on loop. Tonight we levitate 

giphy.gif

ED4B46A3-E822-47F1-9F40-C6F41788B01C.jpeg.defbe5e11eb5ca409aa1aec92cc041ee.jpeg

• Love 2

Physical is THE best song rom the album. The US is homophobic for not having it blow up (I’m in the US BTW). Boys will be boys is under appreciated. Still hoping love again will  get a proper music video, it’s sooooo good. Only song I don’t like at all is not my problem from The moonlight edition. I could also lose good in bed and be fine. Guess I just don’t like the repetitiveness of those songs. But besides that, one of the best pop albums and proper eras in years. I wish more pop stars would give this much love to one album. Feels like an early 2000s era. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Physical is THE best song rom the album. The US is homophobic for not having it blow up (I’m in the US BTW). Boys will be boys is under appreciated. Still hoping love again will  get a proper music video, it’s sooooo good. Only song I don’t like at all is not my problem from The moonlight edition. I could also lose good in bed and be fine. Guess I just don’t like the repetitiveness of those songs. But besides that, one of the best pop albums and proper eras in years. I wish more pop stars would give this much love to one album. Feels like an early 2000s era. 

All of this. I’ve only heard NMP once and hated it :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block