Scooter Braun: "Spotify needs to change it and put [Demi Lovato] at the top. We are on it."

• Leader

This is so cringe. At least TRY and pretend like Spotify are the ones deciding what artists they put on their banners and playlists. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Is this payola or simple promotion? Are we liking Demi's new song? Sound off, Exhale.

Update: He deleted it. It read "Spotify needs to change it and put her at the top. We are on it."

Exat43KWEAEtD8a?format=jpg&name=medium

Related: 

demi-payola.jpg.e7b7295f587b542052786ab320a5aed9.jpg

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Sorry Scooter. When your girl releases a good song, she’ll be on top. But when she releases a moody sad song about doing *****, then it will flop. Try something else. She’ll be on top when she DESERVES it. :flop_britney_candies:

Right? We’re all over her sappy songs... we get it Demi.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Scooter is a pe**. This guy looks like a legit handler. All these entertainers controlled by these men who look like they have some kind of weird obsession with their “clients”. 

Demi is just another tool to marketed suicidal/**** story in order to relate and make money off of most who haven’t found identity. 

I wish the music industry was fair and honest with who is being played most. Not some rehashed high school drama of who is more popular based on companies paying to advertise. In high school it’s the kids who brand and advertise (those who rep pop culture) and in real life it’s who does Pepsi (etc) want to promote this time?  

What has Demi done to deserve the attention though, other than payola? 

today, taylor releases an unreleased rerecording of a song from her upcoming rerecordings, that fans are loving and a casual listeners are surprised by, as well as a dance remix that fans are loving.

Lil Nas X released a stellar video that is breaking the internet as we speak, for being outrageously queer in the mainstream.

Demi released another documentary about her struggles and another song about the same topic is stale at launch, and it's just another Scooter braun act doing typically scooter braun things.

If you give people more than payola, it will pay off! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

OF COURSE they pay to up streaming numbers. It's a competition, and you only win if you're on banners, audio ads, and a thousand playlists.

For example, I love Ariana and Dua, but I swear they PUSH THEM DOWN MY THROAT every time I open Spotify. Many times I open it looking for them myself but I don't even have to because they offer me her music from multiple links. It's so blatant, honestly...

• Like 1

I just noticed she's released at least 3 documentaries about the exact same thing, and just in time for her album. Is this her fixed marketing strategy?
I don't think it's good for anyone in recovery to go into the public eye so fast. This could end really badly; the pressure, criticism, bad press, etc. The general public has no empathy for addicts, so I'm not sure this is working out. They could use that budget for better producers and songwriters. 

Also this "california sober" thing she claims is very problematic towards her fans who look up to her. Unfortunately, this isn't the end. We will be seeing more documentaries in the future until she decides to end her life or overdose. 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block