Doubt: Is it Myah Jean on S&M remix?

senammoises

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, britneymegamix said:

Honestly, it's so heavily autotuned that I don't think they needed to hire someone else to sing that. 

(But then Britney Jean happened anyway, even if they basically have been relied on autotune exclusively for the majority of her vocals from Blackout on, so who knows). 

As far as the flu thing, as much as I love Britney and her work overall, I don't believe in a single word she and her team state on her vocals, I'm sorry. The vocals for S&M were probably just sloppy and they did what they could to fix them, that's why the flu thing sounds more like an excuse to me, and, actually, I don't hear any difference between S&M's vocals and those of Ooh La La, Femme Fatale/Britney Jean in general. It just seems the raw vocals from that period in general were bad, probably because she was forced to record, who knows. It reminds me of when she herself claimed: 'It really pisses me off because I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it.'

I can't remember, if ever her team has ever mentioned anything about her vocals or talent in general. I believe an insider or fans put 2 and 2 together because she literally sounded sick during the time of recording.

I’m pretty sure we will see a day "Is it Myah Marie on Toxic?". :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised: :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Spoiler

Don’t you know that’s not Britney on Baby One More Time but it’s actually Myah Marie? :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

Lmao, jokes aside, no it’s really Britney, we can make easily the difference. But what is obvious, it’s the excess of autotune/high pitching on her voice.

But I think we should stop to always wonder if Myah Marie recorded Britney’s songs. Yes, she did many songs on Britney Jean (as well as backing vocals/demos of other songs). Is it an error during the production or is it Britney who was so busy that she didn’t even recorded some of her songs? We don’t really know, but something is sure, it’s really Britney who is on S&M, her voice is recognizable.

10 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Blackout . Circus-Britney Jean she clearly stopped caring vocally.

Oh yes, Blackout's vocals are probs my fave even though it's one of my least fave albums of hers and not even technically her best album vocally. But she just sounds like she's having so much fun singing each track. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Everything her team did back then was rushed and poorly executed. You could tell all of FF era, X Factor, and BJ era. I’m sure her team gave her thirty minutes to quickly record this on a cell phone in a car on the way to another event or something. It’s not good and the performance wasn’t either. It’s slightly cringe and I’m sorry if that’s harsh but I’m not a yes person. 

12 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Since when? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Femme Fatale era, vocally, is her worst IMO. Even the vocals she does sing on Britney Jean sound better. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Why bother recording a full album when some fans will say your fake album is just as good or better? It’s so much easier to just have someone else do it for you when there’s people out there with this opinion. 

6 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I’d like to hear an acapella recording of you singing circus. I wonder if it would make Brit uncomfortable just to have you look at her :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: 99% of the Circus album is just one or two takes and then autotuned. She knows what she did. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

And Circus the song is the first time they gave Myah lead vocals over Britney. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: 99% of the Circus album is just one or two takes and then autotuned. She knows what she did. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

And Circus the song is the first time they gave Myah lead vocals over Britney. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

Literally idk what people are on here lmao, Circus is basically a duet

On 3/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It wasn't Myah, it was all Britney, and honestly, the vocal isnt as bad as people make out and was the most vocally interesting thing Britney in 2011.

This tbh! The vocals really aren’t that bad and are way less processed than most of her vocals on Femme Fatale, but it is clear that Britney must have had a cold when she did it. 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:25 PM, britneymegamix said:

Honestly, it's so heavily autotuned that I don't think they needed to hire someone else to sing that. 

(But then Britney Jean happened anyway, even if they basically have been relied on autotune exclusively for the majority of her vocals from Blackout on, so who knows). 

As far as the flu thing, as much as I love Britney and her work overall, I don't believe in a single word she and her team state on her vocals, I'm sorry. The vocals for S&M were probably just sloppy and they did what they could to fix them, that's why the flu thing sounds more like an excuse to me, and, actually, I don't hear any difference between S&M's vocals and those of Ooh La La, Femme Fatale/Britney Jean in general. It just seems the raw vocals from that period in general were bad, probably because she was forced to record, who knows. It reminds me of when she herself claimed: 'It really pisses me off because I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it.'

Heavily auto tuned? That's not what autotuned vocals sound like. 

Archived