Vanity Fair: "The Shockingly Melancholy Britney Spears Documentary You’ve Never Heard Of"

18 hours ago, Urbanney said:

We watched Stages when we did Exhale movie night a couple months back, and I hadn’t seen it in years. I couldn’t believe how monotonous and boring it was. Like I feel like I wasted an hour watching it. It was like an hour of nothing happening. 

I will say it made her life look really undesirable to me. Her just sitting around waiting for the show to get put together, always on the road, isolated, all work and no fun. 

Well... that was her life, not everything was fun and games, she was hurting inside.

It is not that it was boring, that is really what touring is girl:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

• Like 6

I mean... If anyone wants to drop book scans, I don't think anyone would be mad about it.

I remember wanting to watch this so badly when it came out. (super religious parents who would have smacked me with a bible for even suggesting a Britney Spears dvd/photo book.  Then I downloaded it on limewire or something a kin to it in 2006 when I moved out.  No joke it took 5 days to download.  To my 18 year old self, totally worth it.   

Its an obsessive watch for me I'll rewatch it every now and then, just because it isn't sooooo accessable.  It's really a bittersweet doc.  

• Love 1
On 3/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, Tear the floor up up said:

Is it worth a buy? It’s quite an expensive find now. Although I’ve always been tempted to treat myself one day and purchase it!

Depends how much they’re asking for to be honest. It’s a nice collectors item and it’s a big sized book with nice pics documenting the DWAD show but if you can find the doc online then maybe it’s not worth it. 

56 minutes ago, asitalian12587 said:

Depends how much they’re asking for to be honest. It’s a nice collectors item and it’s a big sized book with nice pics documenting the DWAD show but if you can find the doc online then maybe it’s not worth it. 

Yeah I’ve seen the doc tons of times on YouTube so it’d be more for the collector novelty/book. If I see it for the right price I might go for it :)

• Like 1
On 3/26/2021 at 4:20 AM, Urbanney said:

We watched Stages when we did Exhale movie night a couple months back, and I hadn’t seen it in years. I couldn’t believe how monotonous and boring it was. Like I feel like I wasted an hour watching it. It was like an hour of nothing happening. 

I will say it made her life look really undesirable to me. Her just sitting around waiting for the show to get put together, always on the road, isolated, all work and no fun. 

I was literally about to say like lmao wtf are these people on. I Am: Britney Jean was miles better to be quite honest

• Haha 1