#tbt 2003 - Britney At Justin Timberlakes Birthday Party after their breakup

Agnie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BringTheAction said:

Allegedly he wanted to get back together but had already filmed the cry me a river video and sprung that on Britney like “by the way I kinda made this video with a lookalike in it, I hope that’s ok...” and Britney had an option from the label to approve it or reject the videos release but she didn’t even watch it, she told them she didn’t care. That was in an interview she gave back then

She should have prevented this low life to get more views/sales/publicity for this "stunt", but she is not petty like that

6 hours ago, Busybee said:

Yeah there are pics of her leaving his house i think they tried to reconcile but for whatever reason just never did. Fun fact jessica biel also was at that party lol so you have Alyssa Milano Britney Jessica and Cameron all in one place. 

Stick buddies lol

8 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

What strikes me is they were so young. Justin literally turned 22 so Britney was only 21 yet people get so bogged down with their whole relationship. They were literally just out their teens people need to chill 

It's always so wild to think how incredibly young they were. Basically kids 

32 minutes ago, Menzo said:

How was that mean? They've been friends since they were kids.

Given the events leading up to them magically deciding to tour together, it was in poor taste. They were doing photoshoots licking/ dry humping each other and making it clear they were hooking up. At one point in the tour there was a blow up Britney doll. We already knew Justin was trash, but, girl code obviously wasn’t important to Christina. The VMA kiss with Madonna was during the end of that tour, and, Christina went out of her way to hate on Britney for being stand offish with her. Britney showed a lot of class by never calling it how it was. Christina was a jealous mean girl and that’s why she’s a nobody today and Britney is a legend. 

23 hours ago, Melina said:

There’s a video on youtube where Britney leaves the party, walks past Jessica Biel, and Jessica Biel just stares at Britney.

I SO need to see and hyperanalyse this video :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Also I do remember Fred Durst saying her and JT were still hooking up and it was the reason FredxBrit didn't work, so makes sense for her to show up to the party.

I reckon Justin had high hopes they'd get back together until she married K Fed super quickly and he's been so bitter ever since.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:48 PM, Melina said:

Jessica Biel was also there. She was already trying to get him in 2003.

There’s a video on youtube where Britney leaves the party, walks past Jessica Biel, and Jessica Biel just stares at Britney.

I bet she envied her :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

I need that video in my life to watch on repeat for the rest of my life! 

1 hour ago, Switchy said:

I need that video in my life to watch on repeat for the rest of my life! 

There you go 

at 00:37

You see Britney leaving the club, and Jessica is the woman with the hat, with her arm around the neck of her girlfriend. They were both watching her like the global superstar that she was. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

3 minutes ago, Melina said:

There you go 

at 00:37

You see Britney leaving the club, and Jessica is the woman with the hat, with her arm around the neck of her girlfriend. They were both watching her like the global superstar that she was. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Thank you!!

On 3/25/2021 at 12:29 PM, Tear the floor up up said:

Is it me or is she being slightly shady/sarcastic in that birthday wish :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:
I still can't believe she went! Aren't there candids of her leaving his house around this time too? I'm guessing they stayed 'friends' for a while post their initial breakup.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, Agnie said:

yes, she was sarcastic :D

I haven't seen those candids.

But when they were friends after the breakup, then the cheating thing is a lie from Justin's side, now it's 100%. And in the comments under the video, I read that they danced for about 15 minutes, and Justin wanted to get back to her. britney spears omg GIF

On 3/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, _lebot said:

Yeah they briefly got back together or were just messing around and she decided to end it afterwards. I believe they stopped all communication after that.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, Forever222 said:

For sure. There is some issues in that marriage. 

Fred Durst also said Britney’s was going to fly to Europe to join Justin in Europe. She said she had to. But I think he stopped her.

IMO they would have gotten back together then if it weren’t for their careers and people getting in the way of their relationship.

The hype around them made it worse (peak tabloid culture) and Justin’s ego just blew & he let Hollywood success take over his life after that. 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:19 PM, SUPERJACK said:

I didn’t know they were cool like that after the breakup :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

The timeline between between march 2002 until march 2003 is quite confusing, I don't think anyone (not even the Justney stans) figured it out lol 

I was a Britney stan back then and I used to read a lot of Britney related interviews, so these are some things I remember, sorry if the post end up being too long lol

In March 2002, Britney and Justin didn't confirm right away their split, their rep teams even denied for a while or refused to confirm, even implying they were still working things out or smt like that. I think the first time Britney kinda acknowledged it, was on the crossroads London premiere in late march. While she was on tour, she gave some interviews at the time and finally confirmed the split. I remember that for a while Justin was silent and people were even criticizing him bc they felt at the time he was leaving Britney to handle all the questions about their relationship alone. I think he really acknowledged the breakup for the first time a month after rumours began, but he wasnt giving any details at the time. Then he remained silent for more a couple of months I think. I dont know exactly when he started talking more about the breakup and hinting that she cheated on him, but I know she was giving interviews before him. Not shading him of course, but talking a little about their breakup. 

I think smt must really have happened in may/june bc from then on he seemed really pissed off, pressed and started not giving a ****. Timbaland said Justin saw Britney talking about him on a concert and went to the studio visibly angry, saying "i cant believe she did that to me". Justin mentioned a heated phone call a couple of times on a Timbaland doc and on his book. He didnt mention Britney's name, but said he was angry after the phone call that wasnt enjoyable at all. Then Timbaland mentioned Britneys name. Cry me a river was recorded in june, three months after their "official" split, so it seems like he got really pissed off at her since then. I wonder if it was at one of Britneys concerts where she sang those songs (my love was always there, mystic man) or maybe Justin heard she talked about him there or it was at another artist's concert? The thing is this was mentioned a couple of times by different people.
From what he and Timbaland said, it was like Justin was so sure about what she said about him lol maybe he was pissed off bc he promised her he wouldnt be specific why they broke up, but there she was talking about him? I always wondered what Britney said on this show that made Justin that pissed off to fight with her over the phone and then write cmar in just two hours lol what's funny is there are hours and hours of Justin recording and creating other songs for his first album (there was a doc about it on MTV), but not cmar. Theres must be a reason that he only allowed to show it when the song was already recorded. So it seems like cmar was done after an argument they had over smt Britney did that made him angry, but he never said if they were still together or if that was right after their split. All he said was he was on a phone call that wasnt enjoyable and Timbaland could see he was visibly angry when he got in the studio. He never said when he really wrote cmar, if that was when their first or second breakup happened (Britney, Lance and JC all said they broke up twice, but they never told If they got back together right away and how long did It take them to break up the last time or how long it took from the first time to the second) or If they were even officially together at the time he wrote cmar

Britney said this to people magazine in september (it's funny that she denied the cheating rumours then, but once Justin started to hint she cheated and after the cry me a river video, she never denied again, not even when that **** Diane Sawyer directly asked her about it)

For the record, Spears says that “first Justin broke up with me, and then I broke up with him.” Why? “The two of us were always on the same page,” she says, denying that either side cheated. “If he was starting a tour, so was I. But now we’re doing different things.” Although they “recently tried to get back together,” she notes that “right now in my life, it’s not right.” For his part, Timberlake—who told PEOPLE in April that he holds Spears “in the highest light” but declined to comment for this story—

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-britneys-next-act-vol-58-no-10/

JC said this in 2004 

“I don’t want to get into this,” he tells the Daily Mail. “Justin and Britney were together, then they split, then they got together again, and then they split, and then they started dating other people. That’s what happens. They were both friends of mine but Justin was in my band. It’s difficult but you can’t take sides. Britney didn’t break my heart, she broke his, so I’m not going to start having a go at her. So much of what they went through was done in public. Some of it has to remain private.”

https://popdirt.com/jc-chasez-britney-spears-broke-justin-timberlakes-heart/28134/

Heres Lance and JC talking about Britney and Justin dating, not dating, dating again, etc 

Here's Britney wearing a Justins shirt a month after what we know as their official split, just a week or so after saying she was "single right now" 

0012.jpg

There were many rumours about them hooking up in 2002 and early 2003 and Britney wasnt that much followed by paparazzi in 2002 yet. See how many rare pics of Britney clubbing back then there are and there arent many paparazzi pics of Britney arriving or leaving these places. Britney and Justin could have kept whatever they had after their official split going to each others house's or even meeting on the clubs they used to go. Justin said a couple of times that he ran into her on these clubs and there isnt a single pic of that. I guess they were really private about that even if Justin would shade her publicly. He said a couple of times he didnt know what future held for him (them) and didnt say he would never get back together with her, but he never was specific saying how many times they broke up. Theres a couple of interviews that they asked him If he was with Britney (when there were rumours about that in early 2003) and he ignores the question about Britney asking "r u asking if im single? Im single"

After all the shades and the worst things he did to her in 2002 (the cmar video, the radio and Barbara Walters interview), from late 2002 to early 2003 Justin seemed more chill with her, he was saying on interviews that they were friends then, he still loved her and didnt know what future held. Fred Durst said that she dissed him once to go see Justin, that they were trying to work things out. That was around the time she went to his bday when they seemed to be on good terms for a while then, even Justin wasnt shading her like he did in the previous months, they seemed more ok with each other for a while, maybe they were really hooking up or even trying to be friends.

Media said once Britney arrived to his bday party, they talked privately for like 15 minutes. Still in February 2003, both Britney and Justin said they were cool with each other, that they were friends then.
Smt must have happened right after that for her to fire Johnny Wright (he said she fired him in february 2003 after their split) and then months after to shade Justin a couple of times. It seems like around February, that was probably the last time they really had smt/really talked to each other. And maybe Britney didnt want to have anything with him anymore, so thats why she only fired Johnny around the time she last had contact with Justin; that way she wouldnt know about Justin having anyone that close to both of them anymore, and he wouldnt know about her too. It makes sense that Johnny said she fired him after their split.
Some months after, she finally began really talking about Justin and began throwing some shades, later that year Justin would start shading her again too, like he did when he implied with Christina Aguilera that a blow up doll was her at the EMAs.

Either way, I still dont know how she went to his bday and seemed friendly with him after the cmar video, barbara walters interview and even worse, the radio one. I dont know how Britney was able to even give him any attention after the radio interview and the cmar video, more than anything. She should have ignored him completely. I guess she still loved him and probably felt guilty. I just wonder what he did to repair things after the ****ed up things he did in 2002. I know he said on interviews they talked after the cmar video was out. And there are some interviews he tries to defend himself from the radio and Barbara Walters interviews. He said Barbara cut the interview in a way that it made him look like a cocky sob. And that he was kidding on the radio show. Of course he was doing damage control bc he got backlash from the radio one. Interesting thing is once he said those disgusting things on the radio one, he said he'd get calls from his mom and then tried to backtrack saying he was only kidding about the things he had just said about Britney.

I think Justin couldnt handle it like an adult and the back and forth attitude (like hed talk highly of her and then shade her. Maybe bc their relationship made him happy but the breakup made him act in such a douchy ***ist pressed and bitter way) towards Britney probably made her get tired with the whole situation, I think she got sick of the whole thing bc he couldn't let go and forgive her. And he said a lot of **** publicly, that was probably the worst bc she never thought hed behave like that. She probably only tried to forgive him bc he made her feel guilty. I think Britneys love for him and guilt about the breakup made her try to let things slide for a while. But theres so much **** anyone can take.

From what he sings on Never Again and Cry me a river, it seems like she lied to him and he found out thru Wade. Maybe she tried to tell him it was just a kiss, but he never truly believed in her. Wades ex said Wade was after Britney for a while. JC Chasez and Alyssa Milano both said Britney broke his heart.

On some songs like what goes around, holy grail, cry me a river, last night, still on my brain, he talks about as if she left/ignored him.
He also said she had a couple of opportunities to stick up for him but didn't. He's clearly dramatic but like she said, she hurted his ego and he def overreacted to that. 

Brandi Jackson said Wade was after Britney and they had smt together. Britneys and Nsync's former choreographer said the same. JC Chasez (who loves Britney till this day and never said a bad thing about her) and Alyssa Milano (who follows Britney on instagram, but not Justin) both said Britney broke his heart. Brian McKnight who knew Britney and worked with Justin said the same thing. Nikki Deloach (Justin's friend) and Julianne Kaye (Britney's former makeup) also confirmed the Wade story. 

4 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Given the events leading up to them magically deciding to tour together, it was in poor taste. They were doing photoshoots licking/ dry humping each other and making it clear they were hooking up. At one point in the tour there was a blow up Britney doll. We already knew Justin was trash, but, girl code obviously wasn’t important to Christina. The VMA kiss with Madonna was during the end of that tour, and, Christina went out of her way to hate on Britney for being stand offish with her. Britney showed a lot of class by never calling it how it was. Christina was a jealous mean girl and that’s why she’s a nobody today and Britney is a legend. 

I dont think Christina hooked up with Justin tbh. She was already dating her ex hubby in 2002 and when she toured with him, Justin was never her type. And Justin who never really denied the rumours with Janet and Alyssa, always denied the rumours with Christina. When they began touring, he was also dating Cameron. I do agree the whole tour thing seemed petty tho and both were clearly pressed with Britney back then. 

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I dont think Christina hooked up with Justin tbh. She was already dating her ex hubby in 2002 and when she toured with him, Justin was never her type. And Justin who never really denied the rumours with Janet and Alyssa, always denied the rumours with Christina. When they began touring, he was also dating Cameron. I do agree the whole tour thing seemed petty tho and both were clearly pressed with Britney back then. 

She was known for banging producers for songs when she was with her ex. She made comment of JT tasting nice at one of the shows. She’s gross. 

On 3/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, BringTheAction said:

Allegedly he wanted to get back together but had already filmed the cry me a river video and sprung that on Britney like “by the way I kinda made this video with a lookalike in it, I hope that’s ok...” and Britney had an option from the label to approve it or reject the videos release but she didn’t even watch it, she told them she didn’t care. That was in an interview she gave back then

On 3/25/2021 at 4:06 PM, BabyOneMoreTime. said:

Omg this must be true because I just checked and they were both on Jive at the time. Jive definitely wanted to make sure Britney was okay with it and/or see if it could be damaging to her career as well. I think if Brit said she didn’t like it it wouldn’t have gone through. 

I don’t like that she made that decision but I can also see her view of just not caring about how he wanted to present his side

Well, Justin Timberlake did “Cry Me a River,” and then Fred Durst came out with “Just Drop Dead.” Is there something about you that makes guys want to write nasty songs about you?
I think guys have egos, and when their egos get hurt and their pride’s messed up, they deal in weird ways. And, um, I don’t know, man. I really don’t know. It’s made me really weary of guys, I’ll put it that way.

I don’t want to talk about this at length, but when Justin Timberlake put out his song and video, and then later started talking publicly about your relationship, how did you react? Were you pissed off? Were you hurt?
I think I was in shock, to be honest. I didn’t know what to say, what to do. That was the last thing I ever thought somebody might do. I was really shocked ****less. But you live and you learn.

Did you call him up or say anything to him?
Well, actually, [laughs] he called [laughs]. I’m gonna break it down right now, OK? You want the scoop, you want the truth? Here it is. He called me up and asked me if it was OK. I can’t believe I’m telling you this right now. But who cares. He called me up and wanted to supposedly get back together or whatever, but behind it was, “And by the way, you’re in a video that’s coming out.” That kind of got slipped in. “Don’t worry about it. It’s not a big deal.” So the record label called and said, “If you want to change this, you can.” I had the power to say no to the video. But I didn’t, because I thought, “Hey, it’s your video.”

Had you seen it?
I hadn’t seen it. Then it came out, and I said, “I should’ve freakin’ said no to this ****!” I was so like, “Whoa. What is going on right now?” But, hey. And I said, “Why did you do this?” He goes, ‘Well, I got a controversial video.” And I was like, “You did. [Claps her hands, as if for a dog that just performed a trick.] Yay for you.” So he got what he wanted. [Clears throat] I think it looks like such a desperate attempt, personally. But that was a great way to sell the record. He’s smart [laughs]. Smart guy.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-finds-it-hard-to-be-a-woman-254714/

According to legend, “Cry Me a River” started with a phone call. As producer Timbaland tells it, Justin Timberlake had just come off the phone to his ex, Britney Spears, when he hit on an idea for a lyric during writing sessions for his debut. Britney had brought up Justin’s name at a recent concert; Timberlake, already smarting from public rumours about her infidelity, was furious.

“I was like, ‘Man, don’t worry about it,’ and he was like, I can’t believe she did that to me’ and he was like, ‘You were my sun, you were my earth...’” said Timbaland in 2011. 

Francis Lawrence: Doing music videos I had a library of ideas and (this one) I had tried to sell to other people before and it had never worked, because they were always afraid of being portrayed in a negative light. The only person I can remember that I (adapted) it for – and obviously, it was a different approach – was Faith Hill. Anyway I decided to take my shot with Justin, because he seemed to be at a point where he was changing up his image and sound and it seemed to really fit the themes of the song. I was convinced that everyone from the label to Justin to the label would say no ******* way, but they went for it, full-on.

One of the things I really liked is it doesn’t paint Justin in the best light, you know? He’s stalking around in the rain, wearing a hood to cover himself up, breaking into someone’s house – I mean, it’s all very violating and creepy. He’s getting revenge and he’s obviously not in a healthy sort of place, but I didn’t want to see a sentimental take on the song – I was much more interested in seeing the dark, twisted version, and luckily he went for it. And clearly that scared other people away, but not Justin.

Francis Lawrence: I’d actually met Justin through Britney, I did a video for ‘Slave 4 U’ I guess two or three years before (‘Cry Me a River’), and right before shooting her video I was doing a video with Shakira on the Universal lot. N*Sync were doing a video right next door with Herb Ritts and Brit was visiting Justin on the N*Sync set, so I went over to meet her because we were going to be shooting a video in a few days. 

In all honesty, one of the fun elements of the way we made ‘Cry Me a River’ was that Justin and I never said who it was about. Not in the treatment, not in accepting it, not at that first meeting, not in the making of it... never. That was part of the thing, there was just this unspoken agreement between us. Because (Justin and Britney) were on the same label; that’s part of the reason I thought the label would never, ever go for it. It was all about implying certain things, there’s little elements and details (in the video) that play throughout and tie it in.

Francis Lawrence: I think that there was momentary pressure from the ‘other party’ that didn’t last long. I think (Britney) had been shown the video before it was released. (The label) went through a moment where it was like, ‘What are we gonna do? Are we hurting a relationship with somebody else here?’ But then it all went away. I’m not positive of the timeline on that because I wasn’t really around, it was record-label politics. But I did end up working (with Britney again), on ‘Circus’ a few years later.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/38186/1/cry-me-a-river-justin-timberlake-video-director-interview

6 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

She was known for banging producers for songs when she was with her ex. She made comment of JT tasting nice at one of the shows. She’s gross. 

I know later on both Christina and ex hubby cheated on each others, but I don't think Christina needed to bang anyone for songs when she was a major star lol I follow Christina since the beginning and I never heard about her saying Justin tasted nice. Where did u hear that? 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:24 PM, Busybee said:

Yeah there are pics of her leaving his house i think they tried to reconcile but for whatever reason just never did. Fun fact jessica biel also was at that party lol so you have Alyssa Milano Britney Jessica and Cameron all in one place. 

Cameron wasnt there, but Jared went to his party. Cameron was still dating Jared back then tho. 

Archived