Britney Spears' attorney files to permanently replace Jamie Spears as her personal conservator with Jodi Montgomery

• Community Leader

britney.jpg

Britney Spears' attorney, Sam Ingham, has filed legal docs requesting a woman named Jodi Montgomery permanently replace Jamie Spears as conservator over Britney the person. Montgomery has remained Britney's personal conservator since September 2019, however the role was temporary.

In other words, Britney petitioned for the resignation of her father as conservator of her person for good.

Around that time, Mr. Spears allegedly physically assaulted one of Britney's sons. 

This means Mr. Spears will no longer have an official say in Britney's personal and day-to-day decisions, like whom she can see. 

It's worth mentioning that Mr. Spears played a role in Montgomery's insertion in the first place.

Mr. Spears remains as co-conservator over Britney's finances and business decisions alongside Bessemer Trust Company.

This news was first revealed one week ago, however court documents have now finally made their way online.

Via TMZ:

The docs lay out exactly what they want Jodi to continue running as it pertains to Britney's well-being -- which include powers to limit visitors (so long as she isn't restricted from access to counsel), retain caretakers and security guards for Britney, prosecute civil harassment restraining orders that may arise and the power to communicate with medical personnel with respect to any treatment for Britney.

A line in the docs that Britney's team filed is worth taking a close look at: "Petitioner expressly reserves the right to petition for termination of this conservatorship under Probate Code section 1861. Nothing in the within petition shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of that right."

Thank you to @IconicShow for posting this first. 

Photo by godd.essbritney

britney-jodi.jpg

• Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The docs are now filed though plus it’s good to know her right to termination isn’t gone!

I think Britney wants Jamie completely out, put Jodi as permanent and once her abusive and controlling father is out of the picture file for termination. I’m just reading between lines though. Al

I’m glad to hear there is an emphasis on not withdrawing her right to terminate in the future.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Petitioner expressly reserves the right to petition for termination of this conservatorship under Probate Code section 1861. Nothing in the within petition shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of that right.

This bit is interesting

3 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

The docs are now filed though plus it’s good to know her right to termination isn’t gone!

Now the question is whether or not Britney herself can file the petition to terminate, which I believe the answer is no. Hopefully Ingham files to terminate if Britney really wants to.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

Now the question is whether or not Britney herself can file the petition to terminate, which I believe the answer is no. Hopefully Ingham files to terminate if Britney really wants to.

I think she absolutely wants it terminated why come so far not to be free? I think getting Jamie out first is key! 

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

TMZ is notoriously Team CON.

So what is the motivation for running with this old news?

It’s officially filed now, in court it was just talk but sounds like they’ve finally filed.

• Like 4

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

3 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

TMZ is notoriously Team CON.

So what is the motivation for running with this old news?

It’s not old news TMZ has the documents and it’s officially been filed before the next hearing in April 

• Like 3

Weird. But maybe she is afraid if she will be able to manage everything on her own at once. In the past, one came after another and she could grow into it even if she worked like crazy and did a lot in a short time where others had years of time for it. She is a single mom with two boys in her puberty. Last time they were babys.She has to manage her finances. Her firms. Care for her staff. Business meetings.A lot of therapies and court dates. And maybe a lot of appointments with the FBI. This can scare you.

Brit,it's not for nothing that you're the role model of millions of people around the world. You're very, very strong. And smart.You have very good contacts.Your fans can also help you, among them are certainly some doctors,lawyers,businessmen.You are not alone. And you don't have to do everything at once. The first step should be that you get out of guardianship. That you are free. After that, you'll see. If anyone creates, it's you. If you wanted, you could even surpass your Circus comeback by far.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

It’s not old news TMZ has the documents and it’s officially been filed before the next hearing in April 

So will a decision come next hearing :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Because I'm definitely expecting another delay

Just now, danny1994 said:

So will a decision come next hearing :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Because I'm definitely expecting another delay

Hopefully 🙏🏼 but these types of hearings can keep getting annoyingly delayed! I’m not shocked Jamie’s OK with Jody being in charge of the person as long as he’s running all the coins that sick twisted jerkI’m not shocked Jamie’s OK with Jody being in charge of the person as long as he’s running all the coins that sick twisted jerk