Taylor Swift releases never-before-heard new song "You All Over Me (From the Vault)"

• Leader

Taylor Swift released a new song on Thursday. Well, sort of.

Swift is re-releasing her music following the catastrophic Scooter Braun deal. Along with her classics, she's releasing songs left on the cutting room floor. The first is titled "You All Over Me (From the Vault)" and features Maren Morris.

HI. I wanted to let you know that the first “From the Vault” song I’m releasing from Fearless (Taylor’s Version) comes out tomorrow at midnight eastern. It’s called You All Over Me (From The Vault). One thing I’ve been loving about these From The Vault songs is that they’ve never been heard, so I can experiment, play, and even include some of my favorite artists. I’m really excited to have @marenmorris singing background vocals on this song!! ️ Produced by Aaron Dessner and co-written by Scooter Carusoe - can’t wait for you to hear it 💛 

Thoughts, Exhale?!

Related:

taylor-vault.jpg.9a0aab20f656dcd255a0a33fefa14f41.jpg

• Love 2

Is it just me who is kinda disappointed? I understand this is an unreleased song and we haven’t heard it before but I thought the point of the rerecordings was to sound as close to the original as possible. It doesn’t sound like that’s the case with Maren Morris on background vocals and Aaron Dessner producing. I doubt it’ll sound like how it was meant to when it was first recorded for Fearless.

But oh well, I guess I should reserve judgement until the song is out. By tomorrow does Taylor mean Thursday or is it Friday?

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Isla said:

Is it just me who is kinda disappointed? I understand this is an unreleased song and we haven’t heard it before but I thought the point of the rerecordings was to sound as close to the original as possible. It doesn’t sound like that’s the case with Maren Morris on background vocals and Aaron Dessner producing. I doubt it’ll sound like how it was meant to when it was first recorded for Fearless.

But oh well, I guess I should reserve judgement until the song is out. By tomorrow does Taylor mean Thursday or is it Friday?

Now that I think about it I hope it sounds close to Fearless and not to her recent music. I mean I love it or course, but I just hope we get the same country-ish vibe.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Bartello said:

Why no one is talking about how this song has leaked ages ago... sure it’s gon be a new version but... not at all a new song

Exactly. I've heard this song before along with many of the other vault tracks. Makes me wonder if she will have included a new part to the song or even reconstructed it in some way, if she's saying we've never heard it before.

• Love 3

so excited for this release! fearless was my very first album from taylor and my very first album i bought back in like 2008. i feel like this is going to be big and something special for taylor and her fans. :) do you guys think this new album will be big?

answer to isla's question: friday, but due to time zones some places will get it a little earlier.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Isla said:

I hear you but from the snippets we've heard (lovestory and wildest dreams) and the release of Love Story, it sounds like they're sticking to the original formula as much as possible, and frankly, going back and recording old tracks and releasing bonus tracks is genius.

Imagine if Britney rereleased Blackout with all the unreleased songs we heard in demo form?! Fans would flock to the album!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I hear you but from the snippets we've heard (lovestory and wildest dreams) and the release of Love Story, it sounds like they're sticking to the original formula as much as possible, and frankly, going back and recording old tracks and releasing bonus tracks is genius.

Imagine if Britney rereleased Blackout with all the unreleased songs we heard in demo form?! Fans would flock to the album!

That's very true, but hearing two people who weren't involved in the original version of the song makes me think it won't sound like the original mainly because it's an unreleased song. I think for the previously released songs they'll sound like the original versions.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block