Did The Bieber Mania Surpass Britney Mania?

Blackout2006

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say they were pretty similar. There is a lot of comparisons one can draw between Britney and JB, though JB was much more rude to people than Britney was. What I mean is a lot of his dramas/scandals were because of his notorious bad attitude/ego, whereas Britney’s dramas/scandals were byproducts of misogyny/***ism.

All in all, in terms of fame reached by both popularity in pop music and media scandals I would say Britney and Justin achieved similar status. Justin came out of his scandals less scathed than Britney (again, ***ism), but the JB hate train was very strong but still not as bad as Britney

2 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I would say they were pretty similar. There is a lot of comparisons one can draw between Britney and JB, though JB was much more rude to people than Britney was. What I mean is a lot of his dramas/scandals were because of his notorious bad attitude/ego, whereas Britney’s dramas/scandals were byproducts of misogyny/***ism.

All in all, in terms of fame reached by both popularity in pop music and media scandals I would say Britney and Justin achieved similar status. Justin came out of his scandals less scathed than Britney (again, ***ism), but the JB hate train was very strong but still not as bad as Britney

Honestly I do feel like the hate train Bieber received is much more worse than Britney's. Like...yes I do know that the Britney hate train was massive but after she came back with Circus, that hate started to dissolve and even though to this day, Britney is treated as a joke and barely has any respect of the GP and critics, people still love her. However, JB's hate train was something that can't be fathomed. He is probably the most hated celebrity of this century, and JB hate is still prevalent in his post-peak era.

Does he have two diamond albums? Is he international, as in, people in Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, China, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Israel, Iraq, Nepal, England, France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands all equally beg for Bieber concerts?

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Do you guys agree?

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Most Bieber fans weren't even born at that time to witness what an absolute madness Britney's popularity around the whole world was.  So they have no idea what they are talking about when they claim that his popularity was anywhere near to her.

So, no. Definitely no. 

42 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I do feel like the hate train Bieber received is much more worse than Britney's.

I think to understand how strong the hatred towards Britney was, you had to be a fan of her at that time and feel the intensity of the hate in real time... And I can tell you it was incredibly intense!

And the Britney hate train began even before she and JT parted their ways, after that the hatred started to intensify even more until it reached incredible proportions.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Honestly I do feel like the hate train Bieber received is much more worse than Britney's. Like...yes I do know that the Britney hate train was massive but after she came back with Circus, that hate started to dissolve and even though to this day, Britney is treated as a joke and barely has any respect of the GP and critics, people still love her. However, JB's hate train was something that can't be fathomed. He is probably the most hated celebrity of this century, and JB hate is still prevalent in his post-peak era.

except nobody hates him (not as much as in the past) anymore since his Purpose era. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: After that surprinsingly he was treated with respect, that's what a excelent comeback, way better than Circus imo. 

I think they are similar and maybe at his absolute peak (never say never and the beginning of boyfriend) he came close to britney in the fact that he was very heavily marketed... his face was on EVERYTHINGGGGG but britney was a much longer period of mania 

They both had a lot of (uncalled for but for different reasons) hate, both had a redeeming comeback, both were teen idols, both were meant to be the "whole package" singing and dancing and both come from humble beginnings but overall I think Britney still surpasses Bieber

I do think he is the closest solo act pop star to her though 

His fame is based off of being a trending topic on Twitter and most of his hype comes from the internet. Don’t forget he tried to get his fans to use vpns to buy his single multiple times and from different countries last year so he could debut at number 1 and FAILED. 

long story short, his peak could never compare to Britney’s and his fanbase will never be on our level :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Archived