Are the Younger Female Pop Stars Good Dancers?

I am a fan of Selena, and I think she was gaining a lot of confidence dancing by the end of 2013. You can find videos of her on tour during the SD era and her stage presence is amazing. However, she canceled the tour and decided to take some time off.

She returned in 2015 doing better music with revival, but dancing wasn’t her main focus anymore. 

• Love 1

Doja is a trained dancer. She used to learn ballet, tap, jazz and funk just like Britney, JLo, Janet are.

For Beyoncé she's good at her style of dance but I think if you ask her to go outside of her zone she might be lost just like Shakira.

Unless you're trained as a professional dancer you can have the vibe of dancer but not be a proper one. Imo.

It takes a lot of work but those girls are doing pretty good with what they have tbh.

• Love 2

They don't dance as much because their career is not based on that,  I think what they want to show as main act is their live singing and stage presence (it doesn't have to be a big choreography). 
Demi, Miley and Ariana have great voices that would be wasted by a killing dancing, who said a female pop star has to dance hard?:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:
I honestly prefer that they don't dance so hard but they have to sing every note of the song live with their heart and soul.:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Trends changed. I guess audiences are more focused on live singing than a performance with choreography. Britney, Paula, Janet (the type of choreography I’m drawn to) and singing fully live don’t work. It’s too intense. So you make a choice, phenomenal technical choreography and lip syncing/playback or toned down and focused on vocals. For instance.. imagine how out of breath ANYONE would be doing this while singing live. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Trends changed. I guess audiences are more focused on live singing than a performance with choreography. Britney, Paula, Janet (the type of choreography I’m drawn to) and singing fully live don’t work. It’s too intense. So you make a choice, phenomenal technical choreography and lip syncing/playback or toned down and focused on vocals. For instance.. imagine how out of breath ANYONE would be doing this while singing live. 

Paula Abdul  I miss .. she was kick *** . I wish she would just make new music. She proved at almost 60 she can show up and slay an award show better than a 20 year old . American Music Awards she stole the show . paula abdul 2019 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

• Love 2

It is so weird that Britney inspired a generation of pop girls but almost none of them got the inspiration to dance properly :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: because I can't take the "dances" seriously when Britney is the ultimate POP ROYALTY.

The only one I can think of is Normani, although she got the inspiration in visuals and dance but the sound is more R&B than Pop.

To me Ariana Grande is the biggest "pop" star, because look how many people started to do her style BUT she doesn't dance at all :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Bottom line, the POP legacy of Britney/Janet is kinda reviving.

(So weird people compare Britney to Madonna when now as I'm older I see more Janet in her)

• Like 1

I’d say Normani & Tinashe are the top contenders for best dancers. But their music does nothing for me. Chlöe Bailey has potential, but like her peers, the music is dull.

Miley/Selena/Taylor/Demi/Ariana/Dua are all doing their thing but I wouldn’t call any of them a dancer. 

Then there’s Doja who’s pretty impressive on all fronts. She’s the most exciting right now. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block