Are the Younger Female Pop Stars Good Dancers?

Rating Ex-Acts - YouTube

In an era where Madonna, Janet, Paula Abdul, and Britney brought technical dance into the Pop Music world, I have a question. We have a current batch of Pop Girls: Miley, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Doja Cat, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift and so many more; do you think dance pop is dead? Most of these girls credit Britney as an influence. Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Selena  Gomez, and Doja Cat have tried to bring it back, but it never connected with the GP the way they wanted it to...and they all (MINUS Doja) abandoned choreo. Is this dead in the female pop world or are we just waiting for the new dance betch to make it relevant again? (Performances are time stamped for their most choreo bits)**

Ladies and Gentlemen...The Queen :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud::yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

1. Dream Within A Dream Tour Appreciation Thread [Pleas Vote For The Next  Thread] - Britney Spears - Universe // The Loyal Britney Spears Fan forum  with exclusive news, leaks, media and many more...

pop-girls.jpg.440e81050451da4dae246dd3f8d0ea84.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3
Just now, britney_rocks said:

I’m sorry but Janet and Britney alone completely destroys any of the new pop girls when it comes to dancing or even stage presence. Tell me one pop girl today that is as charismatic as Britney was at her prime. 

I completely agree with you, but these girls have cited Britney as influences and have tried to recreate her impact with dance. So my question is who did it best....even though none of them reached Janet and Britney's level. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

I completely agree with you, but these girls have cited Britney as influences and have tried to recreate her impact with dance. So my question is who did it best....even though none of them reached Janet and Britney's level. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

If I had to pick one pop girl today who has the right amount of stage presence, charisma and dancing skills, I would pick... I actually have no idea. From the videos posted here, all the dance moves are basic, and they all just lack that wow factor. That factor that honestly I’ve only seen in pop stars like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and Britney. I’m not trying to be shady, all those performances just looked so basic to me. 

• Like 3

Doja is actually a really strong dancer and she doesn't seem to get the credit for it. I was watching her Grammys performance and it was giving me Britney (prime)/Janet vibes.

But for the most part people are really bad dancers lol. Miley, Selena, Demi, Dua (the worst lol). A lot of them don't even really try like Demi and Selena but yeah not even people like Gaga are "good" dancers. Even Beyonce is not a great dancer - she just bring a lot of energy to her performances and she's fierce but her choreography is always simple and she's jerky.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, CaulkDestroyer said:

Rating Ex-Acts - YouTube

In an era where Madonna, Janet, Paula Abdul, and Britney brought technical dance into the Pop Music world, I have a question. We have a current batch of Pop Girls: Miley, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Doja Cat, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift and so many more; do you think dance pop is dead? Most of these girls credit Britney as an influence. Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Selena  Gomez, and Doja Cat have tried to bring it back, but it never connected with the GP the way they wanted it to...and they all (MINUS Doja) abandoned choreo. Is this dead in the female pop world or are we just waiting for the new dance betch to make it relevant again? (Performances are time stamped for their most choreo bits)**

Ladies and Gentlemen...The Queen :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud::yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

1. Dream Within A Dream Tour Appreciation Thread [Pleas Vote For The Next  Thread] - Britney Spears - Universe // The Loyal Britney Spears Fan forum  with exclusive news, leaks, media and many more...

pop-girls.jpg.440e81050451da4dae246dd3f8d0ea84.jpg

I'd say Tinashe and Normani. 

Doja Can't dance anyway. 

Paula, Janet, JLO, Ciara, Madonna and Britney, Beyonce and Shakira are the TOP dancers. 

Tinashe, Aaliyah, Mya, Nicole Scherzinger, Normani and Pink are GREAT. 

Gaga can learn choreography but not a true dancer. Rihanna can't dance, only twerk. Ariana can't dance. Nicki can twerk. Selena is an average dancer. Miley not a dancer. Demi can follow choreography but not a dancer. Taylor only poses. 

Dua Lipa is a good performer at least.

Apart from Normani and Tinashe or to an extend Doja nobody is dancing and putting up a show that era ended with Janet and Britney nobody is doing it doing like them though both Normani and Tinsashe are flopping and won't ever make their name globally but they are talented AF! 

I also see BTS putting up a great show but I am not into their music, and tbh now performances are nothing to look forward to pop stars are just singing and thats it. 

And please don't say Beyonce is doing it all, she doesn't dance she moves her body around but a vocal powerhouse and able to put up a great show overall all thanks to her visuals and huge productions and back up dancers. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block