Non-native English speakers: What are your problems in using that language?

Hi non-native sIuts (@Jordan Miller please don't ban me again for ''offensive material'' :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: 

I see a lot of non-natives English speakers here so umm let's unite I guess :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: My question: What is your biggest insecurity, problem etc. in using English? It's a thread for solving your problems, insecurities as well I guess 

Me: I think I'm really good when it comes to speaking. I talk to myself everyday in English, it's just my habit for few years now, I know it can seem weird as hell but because of that I feel confident in speaking English :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: (sometimes obvi I don't know how to say something complicated :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:). I learnt English in school but the truth is I learnt it because of spending 24 hours everyday in English side of the Internet, watching videos, etc. It's just my habit for years now. I'm 20 btw. I'm still learning obvi. My problems? Nothing big but things that can be just tricky for me sometimes. One of my problems is using a, an, the cause in my language there's nothing like it. I mean I know the rules etc. but it's not that obvious. I use it obvi but there's always some type of insecurity when it comes to this and I forget about it sometimes. Next thing is using in, on, about, to, of etc. I guess because there's a lot of different things like for example in my language it makes sense to say ''on the photo'' when in English the right thing to say is ''in the photo'', right? Depends on a context as well. Next: Much, many, a lot of. It's just tricky sometimes. Next thing, sometimes I feel like I just don't make any sense because I don't use the right grammar and the order in the sentence doesn't make sense :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: 

But I'm still smarter than u cause I know more than one language :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: 

image-20151109-29321-1xynuif.jpg?ixlib=r

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived