This primeney performance reminds me of POM

jennyj

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her entire issue could be solved if she changed her expressions and costumes: two very easy things to change. 

Her expressions are very similar to Disney singer expressions which makes it look a little childish and her costumes are just awful. 

Britney has an immense stage presence even with the terrible choreography but just changing the outfits only could’ve helped so much!

I have always thought that professional editing and filming has played in Britney's favour, and we have so little footage of TOH in comparison to POM, thanks to smartphones and sharing sites etc. I mean, Pretty Girls BBMA and the New Years eve Performances are examples of that.

Britney isn't dancing super hard here. In fact, yes, the moves are very POM, even the steps back and forward, but it's the convinction that's different and how engaged Britney. 

Piece of Me went on for nearly five years and I think everyone was fatigued by the end of it.

That being said, in retrospect, britney not pushing herself 100% makes 100% sense now. Why would you want to if you have no control over any aspect of your life and the damage control is on someone else?

5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

POM had some really good moments, tbh. We just got tired of it because we saw so much of it on video over and over. I hope the next show (if she does one) has more elaborate costumes with a few demin looks. Now that denim is so stretchy we can get some good jeans to dance in. 

I saw POM when she went on tour with it around the U.S. and I enjoyed the show so much.  The videos really don't do her justice, because when I saw her she was dancing great and had great charisma.  We were used to professional footage from her earlier years, so like what was said about cell phone recordings really don't capture the whole experience.

Also, I've been thinking about this recently that Britney has set such an insane standard for her dancing and we compare her to that, but before she became really known for her huge performances and choreography (outside of her music video), I still was a big fan in 1998 and 1999 when she was just starting out and doing just regular TV promo performances of BOMT and sometimes just standing there singing and only doing part of the moves.  It was her charisma then that caught our attention.  Her interview with Jonathan Ross was great and the Make Me performance was great, too.  The performance was simple, but to me she seemed into it.  And again her personality shown through with her looking so at ease being interviewed.

9 hours ago, ElenaB said:

it’s all about the attitude, it can make a boring choreo look awesome and an amazing choreo look weak :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: but who can blame her tbh, her life after 08 has been a living hell, no wonder she didn’t want to give her all.

redbullgstanzlbattle renatemaier GIF by Red Bull

7 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I've been thinking about this recently that Britney has set such an insane standard for her dancing and we compare her to that, but before she became really known for her huge performances and choreography (outside of her music video), I still was a big fan in 1998 and 1999 when she was just starting out and doing just regular TV promo performances of BOMT and sometimes just standing there singing and only doing part of the moves.  It was her charisma then that caught our attention.  

This.

Bomtney was singer first, dancer 2nd. Just look at the video her mom sent her

Somewhere along the way she became dancer first

Archived