My Opinion: Britney Has Been Living In A Bubble Since 2008

Prior to the #freebritney movement I was always deeply concerned over Britney’s wellbeing throughout the conservatorship and how effective it actually was.

I’ve been a fan of Britney on and off for years and have always followed her music from the early 00s but I’d say I properly started stanning back in 2008 during her comeback. In 2008 I initially like most people believed the narrative fed to us that she was unstable and her parents saved her life. 

By the time FF came around it was pretty obvious that instead of helping her this conservatorship was actually being abused and Britney was being milked for all she was worth. She was so dead behind the eyes and unmotivated with life. I always thought 2007 was the worst year of her life but I honestly truly believe the years following the conservatorship were actually 100x worse. As awful as 2007 was at least she looked somewhat happy despite everything that was going on with her. Since then she’s just looked worse and worse and escaped further and further away from her usual self. 

The #freebritney movement has revealed so much in the last few years but honestly I believe we don’t even know the half of it. I genuinely believe that Britney has been as isolated as to not have a functioning phone. I think her internet will be disabled and she will not have been able to access the internet in years. She probably doesn’t understand how to use social media as she’s never had the chance to know it. I also think she’ll be monitored so much that it’s probably not worth the hassle to try and access the internet.

I also believe Britney is watched 24/7 and she constantly has people with her who are all trained to keep her on a very tight leash. Britney will be monitored going to the shops, going walks, leaving the house. We’ve never seen her by herself in years which is terrifying. 

I don’t think she’s allowed to talk to anyone other than the hand made circle that has been agreed by her father. I really honestly don’t believe she’s allowed out spontaneously and everything must be planned or arranged with a handler. I think all of her boyfriends post c-ship have been arranged by her father or her team at least. These people are trained to treat her like a child and keep her on the straight and narrow or face being removed from her life. I think it’s that strict and we don’t even know the half of what goes on with her.

I think living in a bubble and being surrounded by complete yes people for over a decade has made her so odd. She probably is so isolated it’s made her weird around normal human beings as it would. She will be so out of touch with reality. 

It’s so sad 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with some points you've made, others not so much. 

She is isolated, yes, and that's bound to have had an impact on her. 

Some of your other points regarding use of social media/Internet and how she probably doesn't know how it works are a reach. She's smarter than people think and sometimes it's the fans themselves who help play into the narrative that she's "crazy", "unwell", or "stupid".  I think we've known for some time that she's a lot smarter than people like to give her credit for, and judging by past pictures of books she's read/reading she still very much has an active mind so please give her the respect she deserves instead of writing her off. 

Yes, she has suffered under this conservatorship and the restraints it comes with but any normal human being would. The fact that she has continued for so long under these restraints shows how strong and resilient she actually is. 

Also, she's certainly not surrounded by "yes" people. I don't quite get what you mean by that. No-one in her inner circle and no-one in her team is saying "yes" to everyting or anything she asks for. She's living a life completely opposite to that and that was even apparent in For The Record. She has been manipulated and threatened throughout the conservatorship, her requests regarding the conservatorship are not being listened to by a man who claims to be her dad so no, she is not surrounded by "yes" people. 

I also don't quite understand the fascination some fans have with her and her need for security/bodyguards. Pre-conservatorship and pre-breakdown she was almost never without security either. Its a necessity whether she is in the conservatorship or not. Is she Overprotected in terms of her team? Yes, of course. But she will always need security and that is something that shouldn't be questioned. I also can't think of many other female celebrities who wander the streets of LA with no security.

Archived