Bigger overall career? Britney vs Taylor

well?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:59 PM, HairFullOfSecrets said:

To even consider Taylor on the same caliber as Britney is an insult tbh. She literally has no memorable career moments except being called out in an award show by Kanye. Shes sucessfull, but her music never really pushed any boundaries and her image has never really evolved, she seems stuck in the 14 year old girl image her whole career. Plus she has close to 0 charisma. 

I think shes sucessful and has a few good songs, but to compare her to the princess of pop who influence an entire generarion is just a no! The fact that young people know her better than Britney doesnt prove anything, they probably also know justin bieber better than MJ and Elvis. 

Tbh this

I honestly Hate this thread because this is a Britney Spears stan site. However, I think they are both massive.

Britney was massive in her way back in the early 00s. Taylor is massive now. Their influence is different.

Taylor has changed policies in the streaming era to make things better for artists. Britney changed things when the 24 hours news cycle started before we had social media to break boundaries as a woman in the industry.

I do think that Britney would still be an unstoppable force if she wasn’t in the conservatorship. But she is :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: Because of that, I have to say Taylor is on track to surpass her. She already has the most awarded pop and country albums in history. She also has the highest grossing tour in North American history.

Just because y’all don’t want to admit that Taylor has massive star power, doesn’t make it true.

• Like 3

Britney’s complicated story and Taylor’s clockwork career are hard to compare.

1998-2011 Britney has not and likely will never be touched by Taylor.

Sure Taylor Swift has sold a lot of albums consistently, but Charmin also sells a lot of toilet paper.

Few artists will reach the level of celebrity Britney experienced. Think Beatles, Michael, maybe Madonna.

Billie is the closest thing right now, and I don’t quite understand the appeal. Feels a bit manufactured.

Edit: 2020 and 2021 has shown that there is still massive Britney appeal out there. She’ll be able to come back whenever she wants (if she wants).

22 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I honestly Hate this thread because this is a Britney Spears stan site. However, I think they are both massive.

Britney was massive in her way back in the early 00s. Taylor is massive now. Their influence is different.

Taylor has changed policies in the streaming era to make things better for artists. Britney changed things when the 24 hours news cycle started before we had social media to break boundaries as a woman in the industry.

I do think that Britney would still be an unstoppable force if she wasn’t in the conservatorship. But she is :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: Because of that, I have to say Taylor is on track to surpass her. She already has the most awarded pop and country albums in history. She also has the highest grossing tour in North American history.

Just because y’all don’t want to admit that Taylor has massive star power, doesn’t make it true.

Oh please with the early 00s. A drugged, absent 2011 Britney kept the music industry on its toes and was destroying records.

I’m a B stan duh but I think Taylor has been pretty damn successful. She’s sold so many albums, broken so many records, won so many prestigious awards- she seems untouchable. I don’t think it’s laughable to compare her caliber to Britney at this point. She has 9 albums and is still insanely sought after..

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 3/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Definitely Britney. Taylor had only 2 massive, pop-culture relevant and massively successful eras which were 1989 and Reputation. Whereas, Britney had 5 massive, pop-culture relevant and massively successful eras which were BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ and Circus. Britney's highest selling record sold 30 million copies; Taylor's highest selling record sold 15 million copies. Britney's biggest hit went #1 in EVERY country it charted in, something Taylor even in her 1989 era could not achieve. Britney has the most viewed performance of all time, Is the only female artist from her generation to sell over a 100 million albums, is still the MOST photographed female (besides Diana), is the 2nd-most searched female artist (#1 is NOT Taylor btw :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:), and IS the blueprint for female pop artist. End of discussion :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving: 

Everything tbh ^

Also we need to consider Britney broke these records when there was no social media to very little streaming ^ I am talking about her first four eras. You had to go out and buy the singles. As well award shows weren’t as rigged either then. Social media and digital streaming has made it a lot easier for artists to go #1 Britney made her name outside of that. I read somewhere Taylor only gets these big opening sales because she sells bundles. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Arianna said:

I’m a B stan duh but I think Taylor has been pretty damn successful. She’s sold so many albums, broken so many records, won so many prestigious awards- she seems untouchable. I don’t think it’s laughable to compare her caliber to Britney at this point. She has 9 albums and is still insanely sought after..

Daddy bought her career

• Like 1

Britney has bigger impact and more iconic moments. Taylor is a very skilled musician, songwriter, singer but she lacks the iconic element. And their major differences is that for many years it was Britney vs the world because of her miserable antagonists and cannibal media, while I think Taylor has the support of the musical/media establishment

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block