Bigger overall career? Britney vs Taylor

well?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm a 13 year old gay who stans Britney. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Also just in class today, she was being brought up. Personally just as someone my age, I think people aged 13+ know her in the sense that they associate her positively because our fond memories of the end of the Circus era and Britney's Femme Fatale era (that album was MASSIVE in the city I live. :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:) but I would say she's less bigger with people born after 2009 because they would have usually been to young to remember the successful eras Britney did post 2007. 

Aww I became a Britney Stan at 13... mins you this was in 2013 way past her prime like you 

glad the kids like Britney none of my peers like Britney 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Aww I became a Britney Stan at 13... mins you this was in 2013 way past her prime like you 

glad the kids like Britney none of my peers like Britney 

Aww. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I think most of my friends, unless they're invested in pop culture, actually don't know about 2007 so they don't really have that prejudice in their minds and even if they do know, as Gen Z tends to be more open to talking about mental health, they humanize her a lot more. Most of the kids my age just remember her last two HUGE eras here and of course her ...Baby One More Time, Oops!..., Toxic, Gimme More, etc. I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman didn't even chart in my country but it's lowkey iconic in my city because everyone knows it here and remember it being a moderate hit here even though it wasn't. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Even the hard-core rock music fans my age who are anti-pop music love her. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1

To even consider Taylor on the same caliber as Britney is an insult tbh. She literally has no memorable career moments except being called out in an award show by Kanye. Shes sucessfull, but her music never really pushed any boundaries and her image has never really evolved, she seems stuck in the 14 year old girl image her whole career. Plus she has close to 0 charisma. 

I think shes sucessful and has a few good songs, but to compare her to the princess of pop who influenced an entire generarion is just a no! The fact that young people know her better than Britney doesnt prove anything, they also know justin bieber better than MJ and Elvis. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Definitely Britney. Taylor had only 2 massive, pop-culture relevant and massively successful eras which were 1989 and Reputation. Whereas, Britney had 5 massive, pop-culture relevant and massively successful eras which were BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ and Circus. Britney's highest selling record sold 30 million copies; Taylor's highest selling record sold 15 million copies. Britney's biggest hit went #1 in EVERY country it charted in, something Taylor even in her 1989 era could not achieve. Britney has the most viewed performance of all time, Is the only female artist from her generation to sell over a 100 million albums, is still the MOST photographed female (besides Diana), is the 2nd-most searched female artist (#1 is NOT Taylor btw :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:), and IS the blueprint for female pop artist. End of discussion :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving: 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block