My attempt to upscale Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)

Stannedforever

Hey, I just wanted to share my overprotected (darchild remix) video upscale for you guys. It's far from perfect but I'm really happy how the colors turned out to be :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

I have two versions, 1080p and 4k, and I had to upload them to mega instead of youtube because of the automated music detection. If you watch the 4k version, I recommend downloading it because mega has poor buffering and 5GB transfer quota.

4k version (75mbps, 2GB file)

1080p version (15mbps, 416MB file)

Here's some screenshots (compressed and half the size JPEG files because of the file size but you get the point:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

Spoiler

https://i.ibb.co/KF6T0tF/3.jpg2-0-5x.jpg3-05.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AshleyButterflyRemix23 said:

You did a spectacular job in remastering the video, The quality is excellent and that's how they should remaster the videos on the official YouTube channel, It was all in HD perfect, well done.:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:It's the hardest video to remaster because the only ever released source is 360p and has very low bitrate so some scenes will always end up looking weird

But thanks, getting the colors right was tricky and I agree that her label should really try harder when "remastering" her videos :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

12 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

Hey, I just wanted to share my overprotected (darchild remix) video upscale for you guys. It's far from perfect but I'm really happy how the colors turned out to be :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

I have two versions, 1080p and 4k, and I had to upload them to mega instead of youtube because of the automated music detection. If you watch the 4k version, I recommend downloading it because mega has poor buffering and 5GB transfer quota.

Here's some screenshots (compressed and half the size JPEG files because of the file size but you get the point:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

Hide contents

Can you upload it Ion google drive 

1 hour ago, BritneyWithGlasses said:

Can you upload it Ion google drive 

:selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad: Sorry, my google drive is already filled, but you can download it and upload it anywhere you want, no need to credit me :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

39 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

THE best music video of Britney's !

Love your upscaled version!

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: I agree that it's one of her greatest if not the greatest video of hers

On 3/19/2021 at 2:33 AM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Gorgeous omg better than Mstar who literally ******** her videography by changing the contrast and using those sloppy edits  😭😭😭 

Thank you for the feedback @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN. I appreciate constructive criticism. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Can you just try to explain and develop more about "changing the contrast"? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I will give you a comparison, and judge by yourself.

Where you see the change of contrast? As you may see, the colors and contrast are almost the same as the official videis, there are just more luminosity on mine that’s all. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

And for the editing, it’s not my fault, it’s due to copyrights. It would be less of work for me to upload official videos but they get blocked on YouTube. Imagine spending 3 weeks on trying to get the video on YT, I could give original video files if I wanted to but due to copyrights issues, sometimes they get taken down after the demand of the label.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, Nickey said:

Mstar is on Exhale tho. My inner drama alert is tingling :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

No lmao, I like constructive criticism as it helps me to improve my work.  I’ve put above a comparison of my work VS the official remasters. And @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN knows very well that I’m here :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

On 3/19/2021 at 1:42 AM, Stannedforever said:

Hide contents

AMAZING work!! I love the colors! Better than the pinky tinted DVD and TV versions!! This music video is too difficult to be upscaled and remastered, you did an amazing job! Well done! :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

On 3/20/2021 at 2:21 PM, MSTAR said:

Thank you for the feedback @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN. I appreciate constructive criticism. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Can you just try to explain and develop more about "changing the contrast"? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I will give you a comparison, and judge by yourself.

Where you see the change of contrast? As you may see, the colors and contrast are almost the same as the official videis, there are just more luminosity on mine that’s all. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

And for the editing, it’s not my fault, it’s due to copyrights. It would be less of work for me to upload official videos but they get blocked on YouTube. Imagine spending 3 weeks on trying to get the video on YT, I could give original video files if I wanted to but due to copyrights issues, sometimes they get taken down after the demand of the label.

No lmao, I like constructive criticism as it helps me to improve my work.  I’ve put above a comparison of my work VS the official remasters. And @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN knows very well that I’m here :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

On 3/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, Nickey said:

Mstar is on Exhale tho. My inner drama alert is tingling :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Lol Britney Spears GIF - Lol BritneySpears Laugh ...

Archived