Drake debuts at #1, #2, and #3 on Hot 100

So... Drake just scored three Top 3 debuts with What's Next, Wants and Needs, and Lemon Pepper Freestyle going on at #1, #2, and #3 respectively. 

He breaks the tie with Mariah Carey, Travis Scott, Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift becoming the second act with most #1 debuts after Ariana (who has 5).

Judging by how artists are scoring #1s that fade away after  a few weeks, I think such milestones don't even matter anymore... Thoughts?

Source: ForbesHot 100

Related:

drake-king.jpg.1b37fa8aef906e519700ced8b24a5cfe.jpg

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Style. said:

Why are y’all so pressed ‘cause a straight dude annihilated your favorite pop star? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:
Do you realize that he did this with no promo? He’s Drake, he’s more popular than Mariah Carey and the pot of blonde gals put together! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

#SADPONY 

No one is pressed. My point was with Billboard having someone break a record every week.. It loses the importance of the charts.

• Love 3
  • Like 6

I think getting a number one isn't as prestigious as it once was, but it's an accomplishment. I think Olivia Rodriguez having her first single debut at one was impressive, but with streaming on music apps, videos from youtube, facebook and along with old fashion purchasing has made it much easier to get to the top spot. 

I feel Drake's been extremely oversaturated on the radio for the last 3 years. Every once in awhile he releases a solid single but most of his music has become throw aways. He has the fanbase to get him number ones but for him it feels like quantity is more important than quality. 

Regardless, congrats to Drake. He did that!

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This. Next week it’s “so and so broke the record for a number one debut on a leap year on a full moon” “XYZ broke record for most weeks in top 10 with a song that has four words in it” “ABC broke record for female with most songs in top 5 with blonde hair” :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I know right! I think the Hot 100 broke records for most records broken!

• Haha 7
24 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I think getting a number one isn't as prestigious as it once was, but it's an accomplishment. I think Olivia Rodriguez having her first single debut at one was impressive, but with streaming on music apps, videos from youtube, facebook and along with old fashion purchasing has made it much easier to get to the top spot. 

I feel Drake's been extremely oversaturated on the radio for the last 3 years. Every once in awhile he releases a solid single but most of his music has become throw aways. He has the fanbase to get him number ones but for him it feels like quantity is more important than quality. 

Regardless, congrats to Drake. He did that!

True! I agree.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maki93 said:

I think he has his fanbase. For me, I can't recall more than 5 songs, including what's my name with Rihanna.

Y'all know that mainstream music is dominated by rap, hip hop or whatever. Pop glory days are behind Gen Z kids. Pop and Rock were the biggest sellers in music during the 80's, 90's and early 00's. Now it's this and with a new generation. World changed. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block