Britney said she loved Robyn’s Body Talk album in a lot of interviews in 2011, and now I know why

ivosoares

So, I was listening to some interviews from 2011. And I’ve seen like 4,5 interviews where she says she loves Robyn album ‘Body Talk’ 

I mean, LOOK at the lyrics of track number 2 called (don’t be suspicious) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuReA-Z0rvU

‘Dont ****ing tell me what to do’ 

My smoking is killing me
My diet is killing me
My heels are killing me
My shopping's killing me
My ego is killing me
Can't sleep, it's killing me
My label's killing me
Kickdrum
My phone is killing me
My email is killing me
These hours are killing me
My tour is killing me
This flight is killing me
My manager's killing me
My mother's killing me
My landlord's killing me
My boss is killing me
The TV is killing me
Your nagging is killing me
My boyfriend's killing me
My talking's killing me
Killing me
Killing me
Can't sleep, it's killing me
My dreams are killing me
TV is killing me
My talking's killing me
Let go, you're killing me
Ease up, you're killing me
Calm down, you're killing me
My god, you're killing me
My drinking is killing me
My smoking is killing me
My head is killing me
My mind is killing me
My back is killing me
My neck is killing me
My gut is killing me
My PMS is killing me
My email is killing me
These hours are killing me
My tour is killing me
This flight is killing me
My manager's killing me
My mother's killing me
My landlord's killing me
My smoking is killing me
The TV is killing me
Ease up, you're killing me
Let go, you're killing me
Calm down, you're killing me
My god, you're killing me

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

It could also be because Robyn has recorded demos for Britney before and she’s also part of RCA and Britney was trying to be nice, lol

lmao the way you ended this thread :orangu_orangutan_ape:. The album was released on november 2010, it was definitely promo if they are on the same label, same when she said on a interview she was "excited" to collab with Sabi :clownery_makeup_meme::pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

12 minutes ago, Oxic said:

lmao the way you ended this thread :orangu_orangutan_ape:. The album was released on november 2010, it was definitely promo if they are on the same label, same when she said on a interview she was "excited" to collab with Sabi :clownery_makeup_meme::pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Yeah artists promote other artists on their label all the time. Honestly I think both could be true, I can definitely see her connecting with those lyrics. But odds are someone at RCA just sent her the album and asked her to listen to it lol

10 hours ago, danny1994 said:

But odds are someone at RCA just sent her the album and asked her to listen to it lol

I think you're forgetting that Robyn was Max Martin's first pop girl WAYY back in 1997.
So I think she was introduced to Robyn way back then. Brit is loyal to artists she likes.

6 minutes ago, J in the Mix said:

I think you're forgetting that Robyn was Max Martin's first pop girl WAYY back in 1997.
So I think she was introduced to Robyn way back then. Brit is loyal to artists she likes.

I did not know that. But I’ll tell you what, I work retail and they play Robyn all the time, and if I hear another one of her songs again I’ll scream haha. Negative association with my job.

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I did not know that. But I’ll tell you what, I work retail and they play Robyn all the time, and if I hear another one of her songs again I’ll scream haha. Negative association with my job.

Aw haha, I feel you! Body Talk + Honey are so good though!

This was her breakthrough song from 1997 prod by Max Martin. You can really hear the similarity to BOMT I think:

This is the thread I've always dreamed of thanks for that :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I want so bad B10 to be a piece of art with Robyn, Röyksopp and all of these amazing producers from Sweden and Norway, they're insanely cool.

She recorded BOMT in Sweden, It'd make sense to record B10 there, being inspired, hanging with real artists, in a fresh and cool environment 

BRING BRITNEY BACK TO EUROPE

MAKE SOME GREAT MUSIC 

PLEASE 

2 hours ago, Andros said:

This is the thread I've always dreamed of thanks for that :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I want so bad B10 to be a piece of art with Robyn, Röyksopp and all of these amazing producers from Sweden and Norway, they're insanely cool.

She recorded BOMT in Sweden, It'd make sense to record B10 there, being inspired, hanging with real artists, in a fresh and cool environment 

BRING BRITNEY BACK TO EUROPE

MAKE SOME GREAT MUSIC 

PLEASE 

Yes! Max Martin & Bloodshy and Avant for B9! Lou’s bestie Justin Tranter needs to GO. Sam inquired about production budget back in December so she’s probably about to start recording secretly. Hope it’s amazing & uncensored. Her awful team literally tells producers not to encourage her to write  

Archived